THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Paint Scheme

Go down 
+2
Unorthodoxy
Nikc84
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nikc84
Slave
Nikc84

Dark Eldar Paint Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar Paint Scheme   Dark Eldar Paint Scheme I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05 2016, 05:04

Hey guys!

Planning on painting my DE armour a bone colour! At first I thought this would look pretty crap but turns out it actually looks pretty damn amazing especially when highlighted and detailed.

Actually looks like their armour plates were fashioned from the bones of their victims/enemies!!!

I just need some help with colouring a dark brass-type colour for their weapons which I will also use on other metal parts.

Here's the Paint Scheme:

- Paint Scheme 1 (Bone):
Undercoat: White
Wash: Seraphim Sepia

-Armour:
Layer: Ushabti Bone x2 thin coats
Highlight: 50/50 mix Ushabti Bone / Ceramite White

-Undergarments / Boots etc
Layer: Black
Highlight 1: Dawnstone
Highlight 2: Russ Grey

-Weapons / Metals

THIS IS WHERE I NEED SOME HELP Smile
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Paint Scheme   Dark Eldar Paint Scheme I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05 2016, 06:23

my favorite way to do weapons is to use Testors Argent (silver) oil paint and then wash it with Nuln Oil. Comes out looking ACTUALLY metallic and worn. Just looks great (to me) and metallic oil paint spreads so nicely and easily. Just a big old fan of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Paint Scheme   Dark Eldar Paint Scheme I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05 2016, 06:51

Doesn't it take about 3 years to dry?
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Paint Scheme   Dark Eldar Paint Scheme I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05 2016, 08:54

I'd like to see pictures of that bone Armour... Pretty please?
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Paint Scheme   Dark Eldar Paint Scheme I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05 2016, 09:29

Yeah I want to see a pic too Smile I've just kitbashed my first Archon and I'm sensing the opportunity to not have to change my paint collection (my Eldar are painted in almost exactly the same scheme).

I'm not a fantastic painter myself, but I've been experimenting with a couple of paints for weapon blades. I've found that a gold or brass metallic paint with a brown wash works really nicely Smile

Gehenna's Gold is nice but probably a bit bright for your needs. Runelord Brass might be better (I think it's Runelord I have, said it was a replacement for Brazen Brass but it's not. It's actually a lot closer to a proper Brass colour).

Another thing I've found is that the colour scheme above is really complimented by hair painted Wazdakka Red with a brown wash Smile
Back to top Go down
Nikc84
Slave
Nikc84

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Paint Scheme   Dark Eldar Paint Scheme I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05 2016, 10:13

Thanks guys, I'll take this advice on board!

I will definitely post a pic for you guys at all stages of the painting process ASAP.. Im still waiting for all my DE to arrive to me from the UK as I ordered HEAPS of it...(I like to order more than i need for bits)

Sometime early next week as I plan to do a few testers this weekend!

I think Red is also the best way to go on this!

Smile
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Paint Scheme   Dark Eldar Paint Scheme I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05 2016, 11:53

Excellent Smile

My project log has some examples of my colour schemes: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon

The Corsairs' armour is Gehenna Gold with a wash, and the Autarch's sword is old Brazen Brass (sadly mine's all dried up now).
Back to top Go down
Nikc84
Slave
Nikc84

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Paint Scheme   Dark Eldar Paint Scheme I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07 2016, 01:00

These guys really fit the "Corsair" title, mix n match of pretty much every and anything Eldar/Elf in here.

I like them mate!
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Paint Scheme   Dark Eldar Paint Scheme I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07 2016, 06:43

Count Adhemar wrote:

No. Lol. You might want to wait a day but... no.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Paint Scheme   Dark Eldar Paint Scheme I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07 2016, 11:00

Unorthodoxy wrote:
Count Adhemar wrote:

No.  Lol.  You might want to wait a day but...  no.

My point was that oil paints generally take a long time to dry. I may have exaggerated the exact time (slightly) but Winsor and Newton consider a 'fast-drying' oil paint to take roughly 2 days to be touch dry and many can take 5 days or longer to dry.
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Paint Scheme   Dark Eldar Paint Scheme I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07 2016, 16:03

worth it.
Back to top Go down
Nikc84
Slave
Nikc84

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Paint Scheme   Dark Eldar Paint Scheme I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09 2016, 08:49

Hey guys,

Managed to paint up one of the Bone-Coloured warriors I was talking about.

What do you think?

https://www.flickr.com/gp/129966942@N06/47z3zi

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Paint Scheme   Dark Eldar Paint Scheme I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09 2016, 09:27

Looks good Smile is it just the lighting that makes it look slightly green in the non-flash shots?

It's odd how putting some colours next to other ones (blue background) can change how they look. Fun little psychological phenomenon that Smile
Back to top Go down
Nikc84
Slave
Nikc84

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Paint Scheme   Dark Eldar Paint Scheme I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09 2016, 22:54

Yeh actually your right, I took some better pics of it as a few people mentioned it came across looking a little green (which they liked) but I didn't haha.

I used Ushabti Bone and yeh.. I'll try post some better pics tonight.. I actually finished off the base too, now I just have to highlight the black parts.

Back to top Go down
gvcolor
Slave
gvcolor

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Paint Scheme   Dark Eldar Paint Scheme I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10 2016, 06:32

Great looking Kabalite! I'm a little late here but another idea for the weapon is to go with a silver base coat, then wash nuln oil, and then a few washes of Agrax Earthshade. Look forward to more pics...
Back to top Go down
Nikc84
Slave
Nikc84

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Paint Scheme   Dark Eldar Paint Scheme I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16 2016, 11:58

That sounds pretty Good! U wouldn't happen to have a picture of the finished product would u?
Back to top Go down
gvcolor
Slave
gvcolor

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Paint Scheme   Dark Eldar Paint Scheme I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16 2016, 19:28

I'll see if these pics show here -
1) Necron flyer that was base coated silver then sprayed with Agrax and then a light spray of black - gives a really great gun metal bronze!
2) The other is a laser destroyer - the exhaust and weapon done with silver first then washes of Agrax and Nuln and drybrushed with Sycorax Bronze... a little Hashnut Copper too...
3) Kabalites that aren't finished but were basecoated with Sycorax Bronze, then washed with Agrax and washed with nuln oil - gives a good bronze look too...

Dark Eldar Paint Scheme XtKPozD
Dark Eldar Paint Scheme LT750DQ
Dark Eldar Paint Scheme DTs2eLs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Paint Scheme   Dark Eldar Paint Scheme I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Paint Scheme
Page 1 of 1