THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 ITC list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

1850 ITC list Empty
PostSubject: 1850 ITC list   1850 ITC list I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25 2016, 00:57

I have been playing a lot of shimmershield games, that is builds focused on using Corsair characters to provide shimmershields, Aethermancy, and Divination to T5 battle brother units: Sslyths, Grotesques, and Clawed Fiends. I have concluded that what these units serve to do is effectively make the window of value for the unit occur significantly earlier in the game. When a grot Bomb has a 5+ and FNP it's survivability increase allows for means of deployment that would otherwise be ineffectual, and risky. Access to Aethermancy can enable a turn 1 charge. Unfortunately I've also concluded that squad level force multipliers incentivize deathball, if not outright singular deathstar play, and a difficulty dealing with knight heavy lists due to similar unit numbers, and psyker heavy lists due to general lack of dice.

With Genestealers making a massive splash and the newish psyker disciplines for marines getting imperial players to throw into psychic I've decided to toss the phase and instead try to draw force multiplication from other sources, and so I'm going to focus on exploring 2 things with this list: Turn 3 beta-strike, a delineation between anti-vehicle and anti-super heavy vehicle, and maximizing msu T5.

DE CAD

HQ
Haemonculus w/Stinger Pistol, Parasites Kiss, mindphase gauntlet [Warlord if TO allows rolling on coverns]
Succubus w/Archite glaive, haywire grenade, and AoM

Elite
Grotesques - Aberration w/scissorhands - Raider w/shock prow

Troops
2xKabalites w/shredder - Raider w/shock prow

Fast Attack
Reavers - Arena Champion w/cluster caltrop - Heat Lance [Warlord if TO doesn't Rolling on Personal]
2xScourges w/4xHaywire

Grotesquerie

Haemonculus w/Vexator Mask, Scissorhand,
2xGrotesques - Aberration w/agonizer - Raider w/shock prow

CE CAD

HQ
Autarch w/skyrunner, banshee mask, fusion gun, laser lance,

Troops
2xRangers

Fast Attack
Warp Spiders- Exarch w/twinlinked death spinner, Power Blades - 7 Warp Spiders

Very little chaff with all contingency plans relying on a smattering of odd sources of str6.
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

1850 ITC list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 ITC list   1850 ITC list I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28 2016, 03:03

Grotesqueries are just about as close to an autoinclude as you can get. Goooood times.

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

1850 ITC list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 ITC list   1850 ITC list I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28 2016, 17:52

I.... dont see any shimmershields here... Or Clawed fiends... Or any differenciation between AT and ASHT.

Although I will confirm that Grotesquery is our best unit/formation.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

1850 ITC list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 ITC list   1850 ITC list I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28 2016, 18:54

Nor will you I expect. I'll be posting my actual conclusions on that in a Tactics thread. The goal of this list is to take the mechanic by which shimmershields benefit one's army, that is value multiplication, and explore value multiplication options that do not force my army to necessarily be a Corsairs army.

Grotesquerie is hands down the best tool in our arsenal for combining with our Battlebrothers. If not limited by number of detachments I think the Dark Artisan might be better when there is no limit to detachment count and at higher point values (both too obviously.)

There isn't any difference between my anti-tank and anti-superheavy tank. Turn 3 mass Ram and/or 8 haywire shots. Superheavy walker is different tho. >=3 Knights I play like a 17 piece MSU army. 2 or less and I charge one of them with everything.

Edit: I'm going to go back and rewrite as the world just changed again.
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

1850 ITC list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 ITC list   1850 ITC list I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22 2016, 05:45

it often does.

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

1850 ITC list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 ITC list   1850 ITC list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 ITC list
Page 1 of 1