THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Killteam

Go down 
+11
Count Adhemar
WrackYourBrains
Seshiru
yukondal
Speed Racer 42
Squidmaster
flakmonkey
Jimsolo
Scrz
fisheyes
KiloFiX
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

Killteam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killteam   Killteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09 2016, 01:35

You can a coven list CAD and gain access to the PfP table, so Kill Team would use it too.
The issue I see with Grots is as you mentioned, their slow speed without the Raider. And as your opponent will have his team spread out, it'll take a long time to engage all of his units. Not to mention you'll be tryin to grab objectives whilst eating alot of firepower with no way to return it

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"
Back to top Go down
Thrakmor Darkblade
Slave
Thrakmor Darkblade

Killteam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killteam   Killteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09 2016, 13:01

flakmonkey wrote:
You can a coven list CAD and gain access to the PfP table, so Kill Team would use it too.

Are you sure? Because (in my ebook at least) it says in the haemmy book

"Haemonculus Covens Special Rules
If you use the Formations or the Covenite Coterie Detachment in this book, the following supplemental special rules apply to all of the units they contain."

That is the only situation I know of that grants covens PfP to units. Do you have a source to support your claim of using a CAD with the coven PfP, and therefore in Killteam which requires its own detachment?
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

Killteam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killteam   Killteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09 2016, 14:08

Thrakmor Darkblade wrote:
@krayd are you sure you can use the covens PfP? Doesn't it require a covenite formation or detachment?

Kill Team has its own detachment structure. 0-1 Elite, 0-1 Fast Attack, 0-2 Troops. Taken from any codex or supplement which allows this. It doesn't use or require a CAD.

Of course, you can only take elite slots if you use the Coven book.. so that gives you a choice of either grotesques or wracks, and you can only take one unit.
Back to top Go down
Thrakmor Darkblade
Slave
Thrakmor Darkblade

Killteam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killteam   Killteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09 2016, 18:06

According to my kill team ebook you can take stuff "...from a single codex or codex supplement..."

[b]SINGLE[\b] codex [b]OR[\b] supplement, a in one of the other. And unless GW left them out of the ebook for some stupid reason there are no unit data sheets in the haemy supp, only in the DE codex. So I still do not see how you can legally use the coven PfP in a game of kill team, as the supplement has no units, you cannot use both a supp and a codex, and the supp says the coven PfP can be used for its formations or detachment and haven't seen a credible source saying it can be used in other situations.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

Killteam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killteam   Killteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09 2016, 18:56

The coven supplement was printed during a time when all codex supplements - the very few that existed - assumed that you would also own the parent codex. They didn't reprint datasheets because it was a waste of space/redundant to do so.

I suppose it could use a FAQ, but I'd bet money that, if asked, GW would rule that you can use the Coven codex rules, as long as you stuck to Kill Team force org limitations.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

Killteam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killteam   Killteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09 2016, 19:25

How about being social and just discussing it with your gaming group and see if they have an issue with using the table from Covens? Unless we are speaking of tournaments I don't understand why people avoid "house ruling" with their community on things that are reasonable.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

Killteam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killteam   Killteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09 2016, 19:44

CurstAlchemist wrote:
How about being social and just discussing it with your gaming group and see if they have an issue with using the table from Covens? Unless we are speaking of tournaments I don't understand why people avoid "house ruling" with their community on things that are reasonable.

You're talking about that phenomenon known as "fun". That's crazy talk!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Killteam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killteam   Killteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Killteam
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2