THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Just starting out

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Brulander
Slave
Brulander

Just starting out  Empty
PostSubject: Just starting out    Just starting out  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01 2016, 02:55

Please let me know if this is even possible, nevermind if I will even be able to win any games/matches:

cast of players
158 troupe(5) harlequin's caressx5)
troupe master (harlequin's caress)
100 shadowseer (mastery level 2, mask of secrets)
60 death jester

dark eldar cad
125 archon (armor of misery, blaster, webway portal)
90 raider (night shield, torment grenade launcher, dark lance)
90 raider (night shield, torment grenade launcher, dark lance)

cegorach's jest
158 troupe(5) harlequin's caressx5)
troupe master (harlequin's caress)
120 2x skyweaver (2 zephyrglaives)
80 1x voidweaver (prismatic canon)

The reasoning stems from what I've already collected which is a voidweaver, 2 skyweavers, 12 troupe's, a death jester, and a shadowseer.

In my head, the cast of players would go into 1 raider with the troupe master being the warlord. The Troupe from the Cegorach's jest would go into the second raider with the archon. The voidweaver would sit back and pew pew. The skyweaver's would act as somewhat of a swiss army knife. This list totals 981 points so there is plenty of room to build and add over time. Using the units I just mentioned is this list first of all legal, and second of all not completely horrid? Any other suggestions to build based off what I already have? I really like the idea of mixing harlies with dark eldar as they are the 2 coolest looking units imo.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

Just starting out  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just starting out    Just starting out  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01 2016, 07:49

There is unfortunately no way to make a legal, battleforged list with everything you have, as you don't have any Dark Eldar troops for that combined arms detachment. You need at least one box of warriors, which you can then divide into two squads of five, thus making the list legal. Also, per the new FAQ, allies can't begin the game in each others transports. It's not gone live yet, so you can make the most of the rule until it does, but be prepared for your list taking a hit. I would add a lot more shooting from the Dark Eldar contingent here, spread across anti infantry and anti tank. Venoms, Scourges and Ravagers would all do plenty of work for you.

Klaivex
fisheyes

Just starting out  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just starting out    Just starting out  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01 2016, 13:00

As Mr has pointed out, you need troops to make a DE CAD. Right now you just have the raiders (which you CAN take independently in the FA slot, but not as Troops). You would need 1 box of warriors/wyches (take the warriors, wyches are really cool looking but terrible in game) to make 2x5 man squads (10 warriors are only 80 pts btw).

Otherwise this is legal, and not terrible. You wont win any tournies, but you should be able to play "fun" games at your LGS
Back to top Go down
Brulander
Slave
Brulander

Just starting out  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just starting out    Just starting out  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02 2016, 16:52

Thanks for the feedback, Mr believer mentioned a rule change in which allies can't begin the game in each others transports? Does anyone have more information about when this is going live?
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Just starting out  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just starting out    Just starting out  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02 2016, 16:57

Its part of the "Draft FAQ" that GW is posting on their FB page. So far people are debating about the "Draft" part of the title, and wether or not it is in effect. Personally I play with the FAQs, since it had some nerfs to other races (Psychers in the same squad cannot use the same power, abilities dont extend outside a transport vehicle, our Razorwing being able to target other fliers with our large blasts).

Other people dont play with it, and wont until it becomes "Official".

Its up to you to discuss with your opponent before the game at this point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just starting out  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just starting out    Just starting out  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just starting out
Page 1 of 1