THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Starting out with DE

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
qazmania
Slave
qazmania

Starting out with DE Empty
PostSubject: Starting out with DE   Starting out with DE I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20 2017, 23:29

Bought the starter box as I figured it was the best place to start, but now i'm unsure of what to get next, can anyone help?
I'm only aiming for a small-ish DE army, but was looking at wracks as I really like the models.
Back to top Go down
Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

PostSubject: Re: Starting out with DE   Starting out with DE I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21 2017, 00:24

There are a number of different ways to go - really find something that looks cool and neat to you and run with it. I have used a 5 man Mandrake squad for years, even though, for years they sucked. And I had fun with it.

What is it that you are looking to do? Want to build a fluff based army? Or looking to be competitive? Or just to try out a few things and see?
Back to top Go down
HedonisiusVex
Hellion
HedonisiusVex

PostSubject: Re: Starting out with DE   Starting out with DE I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21 2017, 01:26

Honestly man just about anything from our army is viable these days, especially in friendly games Smile if you want to be a little on the competitive side though, transports and volume of fire is our bread and butter. Stuff as many darklight and splinter shots in your list as you can. Or, if you like coven, try a Battalion plus supreme command detachment with lots of Haemonculus', wracks in venoms, and grotesques in Raiders, with a few Talos engines to soak for. Like Faitherun said, find a theme/ model you like and run with it
Back to top Go down
qazmania
Slave
qazmania

PostSubject: Re: Starting out with DE   Starting out with DE I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21 2017, 01:55

I'm not looking to be competitive at all, just something that looks cool and is fun to play.

I might buy some wracks then if most things are viable these days, so for the coven armies, how would you recommend kitting out the wracks/haemonculus?
Back to top Go down
HedonisiusVex
Hellion
HedonisiusVex

PostSubject: Re: Starting out with DE   Starting out with DE I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21 2017, 02:01

Wracks are good just barebones, either 10 in Raiders or 5 in venoms, pick your poison (pun intended) and Haemonculus are support characters, so weave them into your transports where you can, I'd suggest putting them in Raiders with Grotesques. Equip them with flesh gauntlets and if you have the points, stinger pistols. Pretty much all the coven units can be taken barebones so that you can take more models. Even the Haemonculus are good bare
Back to top Go down
HedonisiusVex
Hellion
HedonisiusVex

PostSubject: Re: Starting out with DE   Starting out with DE I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21 2017, 02:02

3 units of two Talos can be really hard to deal with and can put out quite a bit of dmg. They also happen to be one of my favorite looking models in the game.
Back to top Go down
wormfromhell
Sybarite
wormfromhell

PostSubject: Re: Starting out with DE   Starting out with DE I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21 2017, 08:09

qazmania wrote:
I'm not looking to be competitive at all, just something that looks cool and is fun to play.

I might buy some wracks then if most things are viable these days, so for the coven armies, how would you recommend kitting out the wracks/haemonculus?

tbh finding something cool is quite subjective, so just immerse yourself in as much fluff, artwork, and models as you can. something will scream "ME! ME! ME!!!".
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Starting out with DE   Starting out with DE I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21 2017, 10:54

Don't put all your hemonculus in vehicles they cannot buff anything then.
I found for my succubus (although she is much faster then the heamy), she works better on the field than in a transport. She was fast enough to get where she wanted to be (move 10 is awesome) and could rarely be targetted if you place your units right.
Back to top Go down
HedonisiusVex
Hellion
HedonisiusVex

PostSubject: Re: Starting out with DE   Starting out with DE I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21 2017, 12:11

Yes but the haemy's don't need to buff the units while they're in the vehicles, they aren't getting hit. Once they disembark and can be hit, they'll need the buff, so you disembark the haemy's with them
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Starting out with DE   Starting out with DE I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21 2017, 12:13

You don't like your raiders t7?
Back to top Go down
HedonisiusVex
Hellion
HedonisiusVex

PostSubject: Re: Starting out with DE   Starting out with DE I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21 2017, 12:15

They start at T7...Does the Coven buff count for raiders as well?
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Starting out with DE   Starting out with DE I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21 2017, 12:18

Not sure what their basic t is (I thought 5 for venoms 6 for raiders?)
But yes the buff works for vehicles with the coven keyword (which venoms and raiders can have. They have the option between coven, cult or kabal)
Back to top Go down
HedonisiusVex
Hellion
HedonisiusVex

PostSubject: Re: Starting out with DE   Starting out with DE I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21 2017, 12:22

Awesome, then yeah I'm wrong, run those frak behind your vehicles for T8/T7 on raiders/venoms respectively
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting out with DE   Starting out with DE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting out with DE
Page 1 of 1