THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Flying bases magnits or glue?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelster
Slave

Flying bases magnits or glue? Empty
PostSubject: Flying bases magnits or glue?   Flying bases magnits or glue? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10 2011, 23:33

Hay peps just a quick question i don't want to glue my raiders or venom to there bases for transporting what do you use can you just use the ball joint or do you magnitiase?
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Flying bases magnits or glue?   Flying bases magnits or glue? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10 2011, 23:52

I magnetize all of my vehicles, and I intend to do my jet bikes as well at some point. Probably not the Hellions though. As good as the ball-socket stands are, I just find that every time I pick one up to move it, the base is slightly loose or gets knocked and falls out. Drives me nuts.

I replace the vertical post with a piece of plasticard tubing and glue a magnet on top of that. I will be painting the tubing eventually.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Flying bases magnits or glue?   Flying bases magnits or glue? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11 2011, 00:48

I magnetize. Makes it easier to store/transport/and play with in my opinion.

I use these;
http://www.officeplayground.com/Magz-Color-P822.aspx?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=comparisonshopping&utm_term=2300&utm_campaign=productfeed&gclid=CJStsbum36sCFRBT7Aod8gmUQw
Works great, really stable, has a raised edge to use with screws to help secure the model in place - they're great.

Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: Flying bases magnits or glue?   Flying bases magnits or glue? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11 2011, 01:06

I find the ball joints are pretty good, so I don't magnetize them. I did, however, magnetize my Hellions to their Skyboards because I have serious mental issues.
Back to top Go down
speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: Flying bases magnits or glue?   Flying bases magnits or glue? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11 2011, 07:28

I've just put a nail in each base and a rare earth magnet in each vehicle.
It works as a charm.

I've later also added a very thin magnet on top of each nail to really reinforce the bond, but they aren't needed unless its a Ravager standing inclined on terrain.

I don't use the clear flying stands at all, not even for my Razorwing.
Back to top Go down
Kelster
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Flying bases magnits or glue?   Flying bases magnits or glue? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11 2011, 11:52

Intresting i will have to have a think about this thanks for the tips lads
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flying bases magnits or glue?   Flying bases magnits or glue? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flying bases magnits or glue?
Page 1 of 1