THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2500 Tournament ideas??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

2500 Tournament ideas?? Empty
PostSubject: 2500 Tournament ideas??   2500 Tournament ideas?? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2016, 17:51

So I intend to play a 2500 tournament at my flgs this weekend. It's CAD/allied/formation (no decurions woo DE lol). Everything that can fit in that is allowed. So that means super heavies and GMC. Now I hear the last time those were allowed the only thing that showed up was a Baneblade so I'm not going to go too far out of my way to worry about it.

Without further ado here's my intended list.

Dark eldar CAD

Archon: SF, huskblade, soul trap, armor of misery (goes in deathstar)

2 units of 5 kabbies w/blaster in venom w/dual SC

2 units of 3 reavers w/caltrops

Eldar Corsair CAD

Prince: reaper of the outer dark, SF, void sabre (deathstar)

Void dreamer: SF, ML 2 (deathstar)

2 units of corsair ghost walkers w/ 4 long rifles and 1 fusion gun

Eldar CAD (possibly iyanden)

Eldrad (deathstar)
Spiritseer (with wraith guard)

5 wraithguard in a wave serpent (not flamer)

2 units of EJB

Dark eldar formation

Corpsethief claw w/heat lance

Harlequin formation

Cast of players (deathstar) w/ Inriams spectre, shadowseer w/mask of secrets, ML 2, Troupe of 4 players with caress and troupe master w/caress.

So the deathstar is nigh unkillable with fortune resulting in multiple 2++ rerollable saves (not ITC format). Shrouded from the spectre can see the rest of the unit with a 2-3+ rerollable cover save. It can teleport around with corsair powers (local TO ruled select means select on the corsair powers) throwing out a -4 ld bubble to play with psychic shrieks and harlequin powers as well as the jesters Death is not enough rule, and puts out phenomenal damage in CC. Oh not to mention it can psychic one unit, shoot another and then (thanks to the princes reaper rule) be "forced" to charge a different unit.

The CTC will provide a distraction, an anchor, and a serious threat along side the actual deathstar.

The wraithguard will be to pop any hard targets with an AV that the deathstar would have to fish for 6's on. The Spiritseer increases their accuracy and if I can use the Iyanden supplement (as per the new faq) then he will have the primaris voice of Twilight to grant the wraithguard battle focus. Combined with their transport their D guns effective range becomes 31-36 inches.

Everything else is just for capturing objectives. The reavers and EJB can turbo around causing trouble where they may while the venom and Kabalite hang back as fire support. The ghost walkers are more of a suicide unit that might survive as their scout (with jet packs) combined with infiltrate, means it will be very hard to keep a tank out of their melta range turn 1.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: 2500 Tournament ideas??   2500 Tournament ideas?? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2016, 18:39

That should be quite a brutal deathstar. The only thing it lacks is the mobility to get where it needs to go. But I guess with all the MSU elsewhere, along with a scouting CTC, you dont need to move 18-24" per turn...
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: 2500 Tournament ideas??   2500 Tournament ideas?? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2016, 18:41

Corsair powers allow for no scatter deepstrike thar still allows a charge. Mobility is no concern for them.

Torn, I can replace the Spiritseer with an extra farseer by dropping the soul trap and a mastery level from the void dreamer (he selects powers and really only needs one).

The extra farseer gives me redundancy in case I don't roll fortune on Eldrad but it costs the guard their battle focus (from iyanden primaris) and their rerolling 1's. I'm sure the other farseer can guide them so I guess accuracy isn't a problem but still. Worth?
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: 2500 Tournament ideas??   2500 Tournament ideas?? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2016, 16:09

Update, played a practice game against a list I helped my friend construct specifically for tournaments. Though he made some modifications.

2 Renegade knights

2 nurgling squads

Fateweaver

Bel'akor

3 t tzeentch princes with wings and armor

At its core it was a flying circus, with bel'akor handing out shrouding to give the other flyers 2+ jinks (rerollable due to being tzeentch). All in all a nasty bit of work.

Game started rough as I did not get fortune on either of my two farseers nor did I get my backup invisibility so my deathstar was neutered. However turn 1 my wraithguard managed to blow up 1 knight and the explosion killed 1 prince he had started on the table (after a little venom and sniper fire).

My deathstar teleported behind enemy lines and killed bel'akor in CC though I did lose my archon in a challenge.

From there it was mostly cleanup. His 1 prince on the table flew around and didn't do much. His knight whittled down my deathstar a little and eventually killed them in close combat with lucky stomps (at 1 Hull point remaining).

Fateweaver and his other prince showed up but had to fly for fear of my army and accomplished nothing.

2 nurgling squads deepstrike behind my lines and we called the game before turn 3.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: 2500 Tournament ideas??   2500 Tournament ideas?? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20 2016, 01:54

Played against a Revenant Titan with 2 Wraithknight list and a 4 Baneblade list.

TO surprised me with kill points so all my msu I intended to rub around the super heavies just gave out kill points left and right. Not a good time at all

Fun game though. Killed 3 Baneblade. Deathstar took all 3 of their shooting 1 turn with no wounds getting through.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2500 Tournament ideas??   2500 Tournament ideas?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2500 Tournament ideas??
Page 1 of 1