THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!!

Go down 
+8
fisheyes
amorrowlyday
The Red King
Lord Johan
hekatrixxy
CptMetal
Rhivan
smith1186
12 posters
AuthorMessage
smith1186
Hellion
smith1186

Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!!   Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2016, 02:05

Recently updated my BattleScibe to the latest version and now cant open ANY of my DE lists and I had 7 of them.... AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!!   Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2016, 02:49

I know the feeling I pressed the update by accident ;( You can get the "New" battlescribe on the appstore though, it feels wrong though and it doesn't allow you to take multiples of the same formation.

Hope this helps.

P.S. If anyone can find a way to regress battlescribe to the old version I'd love to know.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!!   Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2016, 09:12

I can only open it for viewing. What a shame. I bought the pro version and now it's gone??
Back to top Go down
hekatrixxy
Kabalite Warrior
hekatrixxy

PostSubject: Re: Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!!   Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2016, 09:54

To be fair the author of the app did describe his plans quite a long time ago: http://battlescribe.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/battlescribe-20-is-coming.html
For those who bought pro the app author mentioned getting a discount on the new pro subscription, probably worth getting in touch with him.

It does seem odd that there wasn't some overlap where the old and new versions would work alongside each other though.

From a quick test the new version works fine with the DE codex list but the Covens supplement list still needs updating. Give it a little while and hopefully one of the data file editors will update it.

I noticed that once you add a detachment to a list you can't remove it again. Anyone spot how to do this?

Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!!   Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2016, 10:59

Pro subscription?
Do I need to pay monthly???
Back to top Go down
smith1186
Hellion
smith1186

PostSubject: Re: Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!!   Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2016, 11:07

Whats that old British saying???

Bollocks!!!
Back to top Go down
Lord Johan
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Johan

PostSubject: Re: Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!!   Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2016, 13:09

Why exactly would I want to update something that works just fine into something that doesn't? For the under the hood updates? Old version is great.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!!   Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2016, 15:59

It's a yearly subscription of 1.99 USD. I won't be buying it because it adds very few things. Which is good in my opinion, they didn't hide anything good behind a paywall.

To remove a detachment you've added you have to click on the top right button (3 dots) and click edit forces. Then click the forces button on the left.

So far the new battlescribe is working just fine. Though I did have some issues getting the data files at first. Once you get the data files it should prompt you to bring your old lists over just fine.
Back to top Go down
hekatrixxy
Kabalite Warrior
hekatrixxy

PostSubject: Re: Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!!   Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2016, 16:08

Thanks Red King.

It's only £1.49 for the year in the UK. Compared to how much everything else in this hobby costs it's basically free. As far as I can see everything that you could do before is still available without paying.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!!   Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2016, 16:12

Pay let's you... customize unit names and notes and... mark favorites? That's all I can think of.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!!   Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2016, 17:27

And save pre-built units, like 5 trueborn with 4 blasters in a venom w/2SC as one thing and 5 trueborn w/3 blasters and 2 SC in a venom w/2SC as another. Unless they got rid of that recently. Either way not enough to convince me to buy.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!!   Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2016, 20:14

So can I update my existing battlescribe files, or am I stuck with this as is?

This app has really increased my love of the game, and has made it easier to get others into it. Would be a shame if it were to stop working
Back to top Go down
hekatrixxy
Kabalite Warrior
hekatrixxy

PostSubject: Re: Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!!   Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2016, 20:29

I will describe my experience on iOS. YMMV.

I got the usual prompt in the old battlescribe app to check for new data files. I accepted and it downloaded. At that point I could no longer open an existing list or create a new one. The app just crashed immediately.

I decided to completely uninstall the app and re-install. I installed the new version of the app and it worked fine for creating new lists. As I had completely uninstalled the old app, I am unsure if my old lists would have been carried over. Someone else will need to try this and see.

If you didn't pay for pro before, you aren't going to lose any functionality by upgrading to the new version and still not paying.
Back to top Go down
Rewind
Kabalite Warrior
Rewind

PostSubject: Re: Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!!   Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2016, 20:32

Not to forget that if you make a list with 1 of every unit from a faction, then print the roster with full rules, you essentially get a whole free Codex
Back to top Go down
Elvellyn
Hellion
Elvellyn

PostSubject: Re: Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!!   Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18 2016, 05:50

You can download version 1.15.07 on the website still.

https://www.battlescribe.net/?tab=downloads

Click "SHOW" under "Legacy Downloads".

Note - i haven't tried downgrading yet so don't blame me if you run into problems.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!!   Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18 2016, 09:58

I tried the new version and it's essentially the same. Too bad I paid for the old version but I'm not going to pay yearly for the ability to pre safe units.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!!   Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18 2016, 10:25

Isn't the main change with Battlescribe 2.0 in the format of the data sheets, making them easier to produce and update?
Back to top Go down
KiloFiX
Hellion
KiloFiX

PostSubject: Re: Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!!   Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21 2016, 14:42

If you had the Pro version - here's how to downgrade.

Open Pro, go to Manage Data and select Delete All Data (NOT Rosters).

Then click the .bsr link at the bottom of the following page for last version of BS 1.x for 40K - and open it in Battlescribe Pro:
https://github.com/BSData/wh40k/releases/tag/v4.18.7
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!!   Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do Not Update Battlescribe Editor!!!!!
Page 1 of 1