THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;)

Go down 
+4
Squidmaster
Devilish
Scrz
Ynneadwraith
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;)   Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 22 2017, 10:05

Don't be scared little one, that's Zeerses. He's one of our best fighters, not that there's much of him left by now. Knew him as a boy. He was a fighter then too.

Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 Rljtzvksvyzq8zmg65z2
Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 Clctg04lpxirrp4uylxw
Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 Ma5bgmfw1gl0lzlo8ukz
Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 Ttk9ibvue55ddebpzwpz

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;)   Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 23 2017, 23:07

Latest messing about Smile I usually find I've got enough bits knocking around to make 80% of half a dozen ideas I have, and then I have to order bits for the rest. What that tends to mean is there's quite a while of nothing and then everything comes at once when the bits order arrives Smile this one's been waiting for ages!

What's that boy? Haven't you seen a Charlemagne before?

Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 Dndp2fdaj8sfwsradzza
Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 Ku23opwwoxkrle4hajjp
Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 Bgc2jlqu01sshw372b4t
Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 S0jscxp6grnnp8ti6mjl

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;)   Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 06 2017, 19:24

Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 Cvsqhkvnz2icmgfatl3n

Mutant...xenos...who cares? Either way it's shoot on sight

Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 Vsg4elt3yynzjmalmr3u

Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 Qkemfl0y3l6xjm6p8f73

Three things that are constants in the Scar. Strife...Sand...and Scalies. Blighters are everywhere

Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 Ypathyntdlgbvzhhyclm

Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;)   Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 11:20

All around fantastic conversions, I'm kinda jealous :3

Nice idea for the new wings for Celestine, it looks great.

I have a question about the Tzaangor, where does his sword comes from ? It doesn't seems to be from regular set..

Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;)   Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 12:22

Thanks man!

I like how the wings look on Celestine, but I think I underestimated how delicate the scrolls are that hold her up. With the heavier wings she's in definite danger of snapping them :S

The big 2-hander for the Tzaangor is from the AoS Tzaangor kit I think. I tend to buy the vast majority of my bits from bits sites, so I'm not 100% sure but it's definitely a Tzaangor part Smile

Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;)   Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 14:15

Okay thanks.

If you're having trouble with Celestine, you can still reinforce her by adding some ruins underneath to support the weight.
At my local GW, a guy did this with some ruin clusterf*ck all around, and a pillar rising behind Celestine, broken on top (might have pinned celestin to pillar).

All around it blends well with the miniature (the scrolls are turning around the pillar) and feels safer. But a little less aerial :/

Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;)   Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 14:17

Yeah that would work Smile

To be honest, all she needs is another line of scroll coming down (angled perpendicular to the other two) to triangulate her and she'd be a lot more stable. Alas I'm not going to buy a whole second Celestine to get another scroll though :S

Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;)   Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 14:26

Haha yeah. I wanted to give mine knucles, chains and stuff to be more lore friendly (and ressemble more the old miniatures) but it felt like really complicated with all the gravity stuff.

If you're intereseted I can show you mine, I might have some picture here and there (she's currently exposed at my local GW with greyfax <3 )

Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;)   Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 14:36

Yeah I'd love to see yours Smile

Chains is a brilliant idea. Part of the reason I used the spikier wings is I didn't think the regular Greyfax looked gothic enough. Some trailing chains and incense burners would do wonders Wink

Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;)   Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 09 2017, 09:42

Sorry for the long time to respond.

Here she is Smile

Pictures:

IRL the metallic parts tends to looks better (used 5-6 layers if I remember xD) but the pictures aren't great + retreived from facebook, after compression.. Sorry for ~qualtiy

Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;)   Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 09 2017, 12:20

No worries Wink she looks stunning Smile really nice work.

Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;)   Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10 2017, 11:20

Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;)   Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 11 2017, 00:53

Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 Ceqjlo03t79ue90iyxxi

"It's the scalies man. We think they're these stupid little critters but they're up to something. I can feel it. See, I made a map. Look. Can you see it? The pattern of what they're taking. They're up to something man."

Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 Kjj0lu3vlms6hqct0ost

"Have you been smoking the holy oil that dodgy Tech Priest sells again Len? You know what that stuff does to your brain."

Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 Elu3kwyztuflsqvk1pzv

Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 Ka9krc8otyarnrawriei

Big scaly take us places looong time ago you see. Floating all over stars. Big scaly dead now, but no problem. We smart. We build float-ship. Star Priest take us up to see other scalies. When all scalies together you will see. Won't be you hunting us then. You will see big fella. - recording recovered from the remains of a looted maintenance servitor. A hoax, in the opinion of this expert. It is known that scalies do not have the capacity to learn Gothic.

Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;)   Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21 2017, 09:51

"I saw it man! It was like a regular scaly but all jacked up and stuff. Like it'd taken a trip to the sawbones. Ripped that miner clean in half. I warned you about them man. I warned everyone but no-one listened."

Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 Pal5vzocfb4s4c8k9p7x

"Look, calm down Len. I know you've been on the sauce, I can smell it. We went to look where you said but there was nothing there. Bit of blood on the sand, but that's hardly unusual in these parts."

Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 Ouwiqsbaacjbs485djzp

Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 Suzyysjvnkeht93d3cer

I don't know, some lunatic babbling about how his whole town was killed by scalies.

Scalies? Them little idiot scavengers? I always knew the westerners were soft, but I never thought they'd manage to get themselves killed by scalies. Pathetic.

Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 Vwd6tjcwvlv45a0whdua

Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 Ilypb61tflub64q3osic

We find speaky box in big crashed float-ship. Speak funny but tell us looots of things. Tell us how to make spawn-tanks to make biiig scalies. Tell us how to make own float-ships. Tell us how to make Star Priests to see the way in float-ships. Told you to wait and see. Told you scalies smart, but did you listen? Oooh no.

Back to top Go down
zelatar
Kabalite Warrior
zelatar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;)   Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18 2018, 03:15

Ynneadwraith wrote:

Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 Hp76yvadhz2uonu10knp
Does that make him ever-so-slightly Slaaneshi...as an Inquisitor I'd be suspicious

This guy is awesome, makes me want to put together a Conan-style character. Do you recall which model the body is from? The rest of your work is absolutely mind blowing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;)   Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2