THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Myca's Surgeon Slab 2

Go down 
+11
Scrz
aurynn
Rhivan
spellcheck2001
Calyptra
Gobsmakked
fisheyes
Logan Frost
Squidmaster
Ynneadwraith
Count Adhemar
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Myca
Hellion
Myca

Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 Empty
PostSubject: Myca's Surgeon Slab 2   Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2017, 11:13

After the fall of fantasy I evaporated from the hobby for a while. But then I just had all this money burning a hole in my pocket. So I had to see to that.

I have some of which is unbuilt a small, thematic - if completely uncompetitive - list from the Haemonculi Coven supplement. The aim is to ease myself slowly into being poor again... No point in wasting pain right?

I have themed it around Vicissitude, a discipline of the Tzimisce clan from V:tM. A flesh crafting art I do not think would be out-with the remit of a good Haemonculus, who will be named after one of my favourite canon Tzimisce, Sascha (or Myca) Vykos.

The Wracks which I'll refer to as Ghouls or Blood Dolls for theme.
Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 Wrack1
Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 Wrack2
Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 Wrack3
Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 Wrack4
Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 Wrack5

The Grotesques which I'll refer to as War Ghouls for theme.
Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 Grot1
Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 Grot2
Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 Grot3
Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 Grot4

Still to be built in the same fashion are :
Two Haemonculi (Kindred)
Five Wracks (Ghouls/Blood Dolls)
One Cronos (Vozhd)
One Talos (Vozhd)

Last edited by Myca on Wed Dec 19 2018, 13:22; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Title Change. Again)
Back to top Go down
http://vykos.co.uk
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Myca's Surgeon Slab 2   Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2017, 11:16

Very nice conversions! Love the way the Wracks look especially.

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Myca's Surgeon Slab 2   Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2017, 11:21

Stunning kitbashes Smile hadn't thought of using Sylvaneth bits for Coven gribblies, but you've got some excellent looking models here. Props on the Coven name as well, really sinister Smile

Oh, and careful with the easing yourself into being poor again. Happens a lot quicker than you think! Wink

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Myca's Surgeon Slab 2   Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2017, 11:46

I agree, those look fantastic. Those new Wood Elves work very nicely.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Myca
Hellion
Myca

PostSubject: Re: Myca's Surgeon Slab 2   Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2017, 12:28

Thank you everyone.

I am at present trying to get a Talos to "look like that" but I am not sure how well it'll turn out. I imagine it'll take lots of green stuff moulding which I really need practice on.

@Ynneadwraith, Yeah tell me about it. I already 'accidentally' bought a ton.

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Myca's Surgeon Slab 2   Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2017, 13:44

What sort of paint scheme are you going for?

Oh, and if you've got a second would you mind snapping a pic of one of the Spite Revenant/Wracks next to one of the Kurnoth Hunter/Grotesques? Been trying to gauge the scale between them for a while now.

I'll pay you back by doing the same with my Drycha that's turning up in a little bit which'll be my Exodite Cronos Smile

How about a Treelord sprinkled with Talos bits?

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Myca
Hellion
Myca

PostSubject: Re: Myca's Surgeon Slab 2   Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2017, 14:00

I was probably going for pale skin - though dry brushing will have to suffice because I cannot layer for toffee - and dark bone for the rest. The armour will be black, steel will be leadbeltcher and the vials and tubes will be filled with blood to add to the vampire aesthetic.

Snapped in the poor light of my office. Shows an incomplete painted Wrack1 and Grot4. My painting skill unfortunately leaves something to be desired. But practice makes perfect and there are always more bodies.
Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 Scale

I have both a Drycha and a tree lord though I was honestly just going to salvage them for bits... either might make a really good pain engine in their own right... My only concern would be the size of them. Not that I use cover anyway.

I'll take that idea as payment for the photo :p
All debts squared.

Addendum: That being said I would still like to see your Cronos.

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Myca's Surgeon Slab 2   Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2017, 15:30

Stunning thanks man Smile I like that as a scheme. The chappy on the right looks very vampiric!

If you can pick up some Nuln Oil it works very nicely to darken Leadbelcher which I find to be slightly too bright for my tastes. Plus, as a wash you don't need to worry about layering so much (can't layer for toffee myself either!).

If you want some inspiration for Sylvaneth gribblies I've got a few over on my exodite blog (in my sig) Smile would like to know what you think Smile

Back to top Go down
Myca
Hellion
Myca

PostSubject: Re: Myca's Surgeon Slab 2   Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2017, 15:35

Thank you very much.

Oh yeah that guy's not done yet. I need to shade it and highlight the metal etc.

I'll take a look when I'm on better internet. I imagine it's quite pick heavy hahahaha.
I was lucky to upload these.

Thanks again.

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Myca's Surgeon Slab 2   Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2017, 15:55

Thanks man Smile yeah, just a little.

Looking forward to more updates Smile

Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: Myca's Surgeon Slab 2   Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2017, 16:29

Love the conversion. Love the theme.
Now you need to do archon Lucita de Aragon to lead her mandrakes against he real space Camarilla.
Back to top Go down
Myca
Hellion
Myca

PostSubject: Re: Myca's Surgeon Slab 2   Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2017, 16:37

Thank you very much.
Funny you should mention that. I'd thought of having all four "Eldar" armies as little detachments I could use as allies. Each themed around a clan, though the allied part might go against the theme.

I was thinking Anti-tribute Toreador for the Dark Eldar but now that you think about it - shadow fields and night shields etc - Lasombra would really suit that. That's a nice idea and the mandrakes would lend them selves to Obtenebration nicely. I'd thought Malkavian, maybe Anti-tribute for the Harlequins. And Toreador for Craftworld Eldar.

Though admittedly the last two don't lend much to their theme, just characters really. But yeah I love the idea of using her. I owe you an idea Logan, Consider it stolen :p.

But first things first, 750 points of Haemonculi.

Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: Myca's Surgeon Slab 2   Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2017, 16:48

No prob, but you must name a dracon after me, Logan Frost was the name of my first V:TM character, a lasombra clearly.

Also lhameans, being poisoned melee experts, as assamites, sslyths being literal snakes. It almost writes itself.
Back to top Go down
Myca
Hellion
Myca

PostSubject: Re: Myca's Surgeon Slab 2   Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2017, 16:54

Deal. Pick a hair colour/style or helmet type.

Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: Myca's Surgeon Slab 2   Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2017, 17:09

Helmetless long dark ponytail. Shadowy tentacles optional.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Myca's Surgeon Slab 2   Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2017, 17:48

Been looking at those tree-men as possible kit-bash material, how would you say the sizes are compared to other DE stuff? Would they fit on a DE torso, or would the proportions be very obvious?

Great work though!
Back to top Go down
Myca
Hellion
Myca

PostSubject: Re: Myca's Surgeon Slab 2   Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2017, 23:14

@Fisheye The spite-revenents come as tree legs and half a torso. So bisecting them up might make it really obvious unless you can green stuff away the evidence.
On the topic of scale though they are pretty close to being the right size. Though in both cases they are perhaps a might taller and more slender - spindly - than the usual Haemonculus creation. The hunters more so than the revenants.

Now the fruits of tonight's labour.
Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 Talos

What do we think? Still a WIP, but It'll be my Talos, Thanks to Ynnead for that.

Last edited by Myca on Fri Jan 06 2017, 09:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://vykos.co.uk
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Myca's Surgeon Slab 2   Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06 2017, 01:47

God damn that's cool Smile made my own Drycha-thing tonight but it pales in comparison!

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Myca's Surgeon Slab 2   Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06 2017, 08:14

These are brilliant conversions, Myca, nice concepts and beautifully executed. Well done, looking forward to seeing the end result!

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Myca
Hellion
Myca

PostSubject: Re: Myca's Surgeon Slab 2   Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06 2017, 09:51

Oh come now Ynnead, you are likely being modest. Though I won't be able to prove that until this weekend when I get back to fibre broadband hahaha. I can at least see your thread moved so I'm excited to see what kind of things you've been working on.

Thank you Gobsmakked, it only pains me to think of how disappointed you'll be with my painting.

Tonight I hope to finish my Talos this evening and begin work on my Vampires... I mean Haemonculi.

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Myca's Surgeon Slab 2   Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06 2017, 11:58

Ah darn, I was hoping that those graspy-tendral arms could be put onto my count-as medusae. Oh well, may just require some additional imagination...

That last "Talos" is amazing. I love that pose, reminds me of various video games where the Boss enters the dungeon and does his trademarked growl/scream. The Chronos head/mask really ties in well with its "hair" (roots or w/e you call it)
Back to top Go down
Myca
Hellion
Myca

PostSubject: Re: Myca's Surgeon Slab 2   Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06 2017, 12:04

Oh no yeah the arms are not attached to the torso, they have socket joints so I think totally could be used.
If you ping me a message later to remind me, I am scatter brained as all heck. I'll get you a photo of them on spru - I have 5 more to built - and I can show you what they come as and show you Wracks next to them for scale. Hopefully you'll be able to get a better idea then of what you want/need.

Thanks yeah, I was hoping the arms out would give it the sort of primal, mindless, rage look. The Cronos - built from the same base - will be much more sedate I think.

Myca
Hellion
Myca

PostSubject: Re: Myca's Surgeon Slab 2   Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07 2017, 13:29

Talos is done.

Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 Talos_Front
Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 Talos_Left
Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 Talos_Right

It is going to a pain to paint.

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Myca's Surgeon Slab 2   Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07 2017, 13:35

That looks really, really nice. Bravo.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Myca's Surgeon Slab 2   Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07 2017, 16:21

Huh.
I don't know why I never thought of applying Vampire: the Masquerade themes to a miniatures project. That's a really good idea.

Kitbashing with the Sylvaneth models works surprisingly well (despite triggering the little twitch in my eye that happens whenever something makes me remember that the Old World is gone and Age of Sigmar is a thing).

I'm certainly looking forward to seeing more.

Also, I happened to be wearing silver nail polish while looking at a bunch of pictures of your hand with silver nail polish.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Myca's Surgeon Slab 2   Myca's Surgeon Slab 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Myca's Surgeon Slab 2
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-