THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Vect or Malys?

Go down 
+12
aurynn
Bedlam55
Archon_91
Malios
fisheyes
Maestitia
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Jimsolo
CptMetal
Hastyr
SCP Yeeman
Logan Frost
16 posters

Choose your tyrant!
Asdrubael Vect
Vect or Malys? Voteba1364%Vect or Malys? Voteba15
 64% [ 37 ]
Aurelia Malys
Vect or Malys? Voteba1336%Vect or Malys? Voteba15
 36% [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 58

AuthorMessage
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

Vect or Malys? Empty
PostSubject: Vect or Malys?   Vect or Malys? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20 2017, 13:27

Since the storm is gathering (part deux) and Khain's Gate won't hold up forever it's time to pick your poison.

Exclusively fluff-wise which one is your favorite scheming psycopath, and why he/she should rule over Commorragh?
Back to top Go down
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

Vect or Malys? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vect or Malys?   Vect or Malys? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20 2017, 13:35

I chose Vect. Whenever I think of DE I think of his 3rd Ed. picture in the codex with him sitting on his Dais. He is the Dark Eldar. Heck, his name is Supreme Overlord. He's been reigning for 10k+ years, killed millions, and is a master strategist as he has had countless assassin attempts and still standing (sitting?) as the ruler of Commoragh.

I am excited if he is in fact getting a model because we need him. I feel our book is incomplete without him in there. Not because he will most likely be a Lord of War and we do not have one like almost everyone else, but because he is so much of our fluff. He makes DE an army I like more because he is in there. I hope we do get him and with the power level of some other characters and things coming out, it feels like he will a great addition.

On the contrary, I find Malys very fun and with the "End Times" coming, it could be her time to step in and lead or be the face of our book. i have been playing DE since the SM/DE boxset and have never looked back. I like the diversity in characters, but if Malys wants to come in and be that constant person to continue butting heads (or uglies?) with Vect I am down.
Back to top Go down
Hastyr
Slave

Vect or Malys? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vect or Malys?   Vect or Malys? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20 2017, 13:49

OG Vect all the way; better the despot you know.

However I would much rather have Malys taking a greater role in the gathering storm, possibly to ultimately get an edge over the supreme overlord and generally shake things up.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Vect or Malys? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vect or Malys?   Vect or Malys? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20 2017, 14:27

I try to stay away from Commorragh as much as possible, only returning for trade. Maybe I can build my own little heaven in the Webway or capture my own little maiden world and twist it until it fits my needs.

Sybarite
Logan Frost

Vect or Malys? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vect or Malys?   Vect or Malys? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20 2017, 14:42

I find Vect to be a bit too much of a caricature.
He feels like a comic book villain, and a badly written one, with too many overused tropes, he is basically Spartacus turned Vito Corleone turned Doctor Doom. Now, I realize that every character in GW lore is a bundle of tropes, but some are more then others. I put Vect on pair with Rowboat Girlyman.
He suffer from too much background written by a 12 years old.

Malys, on the other hand, feels more well written, maybe because less is written about her, and don't suffer from trope exhaustion.
Also I like to thing her battle of wits with the creature in the webway like Vizzini vs The Dread Pirate Roberts from The Princess Bride.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Vect or Malys? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vect or Malys?   Vect or Malys? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20 2017, 21:07

Gun to my head, Malys. She's in bed with Cegorach, and I like Eldar unity.
Back to top Go down
Sybarite

Vect or Malys? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vect or Malys?   Vect or Malys? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20 2017, 21:56

My painting scheme is black heart, so vect is the obvious choice for me.

Maestitia
Hellion
Maestitia

Vect or Malys? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vect or Malys?   Vect or Malys? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2017, 06:15

Jimsolo wrote:
Gun to my head, Malys. She's in bed with Cegorach, and I like Eldar unity.
jocolor

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Vect or Malys? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vect or Malys?   Vect or Malys? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2017, 15:29

All hail the Supreme Overlord. We reside in Vect's City of Commorragh. We work in the Kabal framework set by example by the Supreme Overlord.

And of course, we all know what happens to Archons who reach beyond their means (looking at that Kabal of the White Flame). I for one, will report all the nay-sayers to the Supreme Overlord (and hopefully get a choice spot on his next raid Wink )

But seriously, I just dont see him being good on Tabletop. Malays can possibly be a CC beast (but so is Drahzar, and nobody runs him), and for the right point cost may be OK. Vect will cost 250 pts, be T3 and S3. Even with EW I highly doubt he will be competitive in the current META of scattbikes.
Back to top Go down
Malios
Slave
Malios

Vect or Malys? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vect or Malys?   Vect or Malys? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 12 2017, 16:19

I like both for different reasons.

I agree with the statements that Vect is the Dark Eldar. I also agree with the statements that Vect was once portrayed as a very one dimensional character akin to a saturday morning super villain. Just how the Talon of Horus changed alot of views on how people saw Abaddon though, Path of the Archon (and the rest of the trilogy) showed Vect in a new light. In all honesty, I find Vect to be a boring supreme overlord... until he's challenged. Once he's challenged, then you grow some respect on just how clever and powerful he is.

Malys on the other hand... I like Malys for the same reason I like Batman over Superman: shes the underdog who seems to consistently hold her own against a near god-like entity in Commorragh where countless others who were more powerful had failed.

But, my money's on Urien Rakarth: he'll be around long after both Vect and Malys have passed on into history.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

Vect or Malys? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vect or Malys?   Vect or Malys? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 21 2017, 20:14

I vote Malys, I loved the fluff of Cegorach being trapped in her mind and she always being on the edge of losing her sanity, staying completely calm in company but letting out fits of manic laughter when believed to be alone, also on the table top I loved her ability to redeploy units, combo'd with the strategic warlord traits that let's you redeploy even more units made for a great time in bating my opponent to deploy a certain way just to redeploy everything and be set up to cripple my opponents army at it's weakest flank ... Plus let us not forget the one time Lady Malys outsmarted Vect when he, on a whim, decided to challenge all of the archon to poison all the imperium ... And while they were wasting their time trying, she went and stole the "cure all" so it could actually be done. Now I'm not hating on Vect, he's held the throne for 10k years a for good reason being the the slyest of the dark eldar and is basically the icon of the dark city ... but I think it's about time Commorragh had a new leader ...
Back to top Go down
Bedlam55
Hellion
Bedlam55

Vect or Malys? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vect or Malys?   Vect or Malys? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 27 2017, 13:43

Vect... all the way

Incubi

Vect or Malys? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vect or Malys?   Vect or Malys? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 27 2017, 14:50

Vect! Since my Kabal is the Kabal of the Black Heart...
He'd go well with my Lelith...
Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

Vect or Malys? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vect or Malys?   Vect or Malys? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08 2017, 19:46

My choice was kind of chosen for me, really Very Happy

Back to top Go down
helvexis
Sybarite
helvexis

Vect or Malys? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vect or Malys?   Vect or Malys? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 09 2017, 08:27

Lady Malys wrote:
My choice was kind of chosen for me, really Very Happy

yes we know you love him still, but trying to take the entire city in the breakup seems a bit harsh
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

Vect or Malys? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vect or Malys?   Vect or Malys? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 09 2017, 08:50

I say let there be infighting. Commoragh is shaken up a bit. Let Vect still have his suppreme hand, but let the others vie much more for his power since it is at the lowest in a long time. As mentioned vect is best when he is being tested.

Personally I do not have much with lady malys, but let the mandrakes usurp a bigger part, maybe even let the street gangs (I love hellions, give me back the baron) take actual control of some area's.
Thus let Vect stay in power but let him lose quite a few places to others.
And make deamons a bigger part of the arena, since we have more running rampant right now :p
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Vect or Malys? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vect or Malys?   Vect or Malys? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 09 2017, 12:27

Vect. Why settle for the lesser evil?

Seriously. Vect has known about the risk of catastrophic demon invasion for 10,000+ years, do you really think he hasn't planned for this very eventuality?
Back to top Go down
helvexis
Sybarite
helvexis

Vect or Malys? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vect or Malys?   Vect or Malys? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10 2017, 00:21

FuelDrop wrote:

Seriously. Vect has known about the risk of catastrophic demon invasion for 10,000+ years, do you really think he hasn't planned for this very eventuality?

sure he has planned out his survival ... not entirely convinced he has planned out everyone elses ...
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Vect or Malys? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vect or Malys?   Vect or Malys? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10 2017, 00:23

helvexis wrote:
FuelDrop wrote:

sure he has planned out his survival ... not entirely convinced he has planned out everyone elses ...
Like Vect would only have one plan!

Of course his preferred plans saved as much of his hard work and investment as possible. After all, being king of the world is far less worthwhile when your world is an uninhabited wasteland.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vect or Malys? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vect or Malys?   Vect or Malys? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vect or Malys?
Page 1 of 1