THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Against marine msu

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KaliYuga
Hellion
KaliYuga

Against marine msu Empty
PostSubject: Against marine msu   Against marine msu I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24 2017, 16:58

Hi.

Witnessed - didn't take part in- a game between MSu vanilla marine + wulfen + gk, VS sucky necrons badly played.

Now, my doubt-should it be of interest for anyone:

How to deal with it effectively? (and with effectively i mean not suiciding half of your army randomly because you need meeatshields\suicidal baits, don't like it)

The thinf was more or less composed as follows:

8x rhinos, 5 tac, flamer,melta (rocket launcher?)

1\2 deathwatch full flamer, 5 in rhinos

1\2 packs of those weremarines from space wolves (they're just targets, dont really know how they're set up, dont have a codex to read)

and the grey knights doll maddafatha with flamers,too.

Now, aside spamming scourges\blasters in 5manvenom and going full lance on the only ravager i know...still not enough amount of fire to stop them from brodaly charging you,since what i've seen -still doubt it's a good play or not- is this rhino deathwall going forward,dying, and opening it for those squads of weremarine that i fear could chop grots without many problems.

Now...waiting for it, sacrificing t2 or 3 turboing\dsing half of the army behind and closing the jaw?

Field locking with raiders, letting them fall down, and bomb the sissiymehreen from behind?...all on ground, werewolf guys chopping kabalits is what i see.

What you think?

Hope it sounds clear, both the army and the doubt.

Ty

edit: a verb i completely missed. forgive spelling mistakes
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

Against marine msu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Against marine msu   Against marine msu I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24 2017, 18:20

I'd stay full 36" away and when pinned take of running like you said.

Maybe deploy with an even spread, and some medusa and scourge reserves, then when they move up, pick a side and focus everything on it.

If you can blow a rhino then melt the guys inside in the same turn, you won't have to sacrifice units as much.

Also, you could put objectives on one end or heavy in a corner, that way they are drwn to the points, and you can wipe out enough of them to take the game in the final turns.

Never played a rhino spam, most people use drop pods here.
Back to top Go down
KaliYuga
Hellion
KaliYuga

Against marine msu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Against marine msu   Against marine msu I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24 2017, 18:23

Mm,yes. Sounds something on the line of what i was wondering. I play with mates,not in shops. meta is simple. 1 imperium wide, 2 chaos\demons, eldar, harlequins,necrons, aeldarki.

Was thinking about reserving everything that doesn't shoot first turn, and dstrike it in his deployment t2, dice wise.
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

Against marine msu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Against marine msu   Against marine msu I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24 2017, 19:00

If you can get him to break his army up, it comes down to regular focusing. Sounds like his load out prefers close ranger, so just keep out of range. He'll either have to flat out or sit back and launch his rocket. Either way hes point inefficent
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Against marine msu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Against marine msu   Against marine msu I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27 2017, 12:04

But we can only kill him from a distance if he's out of the boxes. How would you reliably kill the rhino transports?
Back to top Go down
KaliYuga
Hellion
KaliYuga

Against marine msu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Against marine msu   Against marine msu I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27 2017, 14:04

Don't know.
And considering the scout move, which mandrakes can't reliably deny (flamers), he basically controls both edges of the short board in a single turn.

The wulfen unit he plays his absolutely devastating. Too many high str attacks, 3+ save, gnp and stormshields.

Still trying to figure out a tactic to. Strategy is always msu, since nothing I could field would stand up massed flamers\attacks even if buffed out.

Dont play cwe allies, and won't now.
The only thing I figured could somehow work is  sacrificing rsr with bikes to play both da\grotesquerie and a full troops cad for obsec,
5 venom blaster squads,
scourges
and the only ravager i own, naked with dissies.
Dissies on the grots raiders too

That leavs light on effective AT,needed to stop rhinos from walling up somewhere midfield.

3 scourges
6 troops in cad,
2 medusae to try and mow the 5man tacs
And da\grots for the vehicles back hitting and holding somehow the wulfen?

Where the hell are wyches when needed. Or maybe even not needed. Wulfen would butcher them i fear. ID STR6 6a on charge

A doubt,since i dont know the codex is that if, despite being screwed up marines they still retain atsknf\fearless. Vut i fear they do,considering the average deathstar bsterd

#fisheyes?
#amorrowlyday?

Post edited for swearing - Count Adhemar
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Against marine msu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Against marine msu   Against marine msu I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27 2017, 15:41

Have you tried a grotesquerie or corpse thief claw?
Combined with 2-3 minimum squads of Medusae, you can wipe several squads a turn once you get close.
Back to top Go down
KaliYuga
Hellion
KaliYuga

Against marine msu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Against marine msu   Against marine msu I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27 2017, 15:46

grotesquerie is standard. corpsethief not yet
edit: dont own that many talos
Back to top Go down
CombatDrugs4Life
Hellion
CombatDrugs4Life

Against marine msu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Against marine msu   Against marine msu I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25 2017, 01:33

Dont forget wyches have 4+ inv in fight subphase so dont know what kinda overwatch wulfen can put out (doesnt look like they have guns) but invul can tie them up, plus combat drugs +anything but initiative would help. Bonus toughness would prevent ID. I did math on my wych weapons against various troops razorflails are slightly better vs marines. 10 wyches 3 flails and heka with agoniser on a dissy raider. Dont forget they have plasma grenades!
Back to top Go down
KaliYuga
Hellion
KaliYuga

Against marine msu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Against marine msu   Against marine msu I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25 2017, 01:38

Mandrakes are the solution. found meanwhile.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

Against marine msu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Against marine msu   Against marine msu I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25 2017, 01:53

Mandrakes are always the solution.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Against marine msu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Against marine msu   Against marine msu I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Against marine msu
Page 1 of 1