THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions

Go down 
+35
doriii
Barrywise
Draco
SCP Yeeman
Skulnbonz
lessthanjeff
The Red King
killedbydeath
Count Adhemar
CptMetal
ShamPow1999
Azdrubael
PFI
Hellstrom
Painjunky
Vathek
sumguy777
HokutoAndy
amishprn86
der-al
FunkyGroove
aurynn
Logan Frost
Myrvn
Ynneadwraith
Mononcule
wormfromhell
Massaen
|Meavar
Crazy_Irish
Jimsolo
amorrowlyday
TeenageAngst
fisheyes
BetrayTheWorld
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14 2017, 19:17

Logan Frost wrote:
Reavers can charge, kill and turboboost on an objective, or shoot something else.
Double charge is the last thing I'd do with them, even though they would probabibly have higher initiative than the second unit they charge.

Even Charging is still good, you can Charge, kill Turbo boost.

Im going to most likely play the 4 Bike Unit formation, the idea of Outflanking ANY SIDE YOU WANT (even your opponets edge) with 3 HL's and then turbo boosting away to safety seems good, a Warlock coming in depending on his powers to support to hurt from your side or flanks isnt bad either, sense Harlequins are stronger I can taunt with them, scatter bikes are always good.

The 2 Harlequins bikes honestly are the only tax for that unit, I will take them as the Blades Faith so I get reroll to jinks, I hope they can kill something and turbo into a safer spot for turn 3 charge.

Im most likely playing a MSU unit Bike set with those 4 units and have my Reavers in that formation with 9 of them. Also a unit of Fire dragons, Wraithguard and a Archon with WWP, Im taking most likely some Harlequins too. I love the Yncarne model, that will be my Big boy.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14 2017, 19:21

The 2 Harley bikes can still be good with their HW blast, I'm curious to see how the formation performs.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14 2017, 19:23

Logan Frost wrote:
The 2 Harley bikes can still be good with their HW blast, I'm curious to see how the formation performs.

I was thinking this too, but sense you can come from side/back S6 on side/back I would think be the better option also you can hurt more infantry now.

The Biggest thing for me is that its like 600pts off the table with Yncarne too thats about 1/2 the army off the table.

But I'm going for more of a null deployment list. I will have a bad turn 1, but then turn 2 beta strike.

That formation is going to be questionable for sure, But I wanted to make sure my Reavers had the perfect target and wont die, also able to shoot turn 2, so for me it is good.

Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14 2017, 23:17

You can't use the named harlie bike unit - they can only be used in harlequin formations and this is not one of them!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 00:03

Massaen wrote:
You can't use the named harlie bike unit - they can only be used in harlequin formations and this is not one of them!

Oh snap, yeah its only EH formations....

Thats fine, just cant be as aggressive with them is all.

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 00:48

I am surprised that people are not mentioning Scourges here.

I would imagine they are one of the cheapest DS melta platforms around. DS behind a tank, blow it up, kill second tank. For about 140 pts (off the top of my head). If a second tank isnt readily available we get a sweet 12" reposition move for free.

And if you take multiples, you can do additional damage during your opponents turn (because you KNOW your T3 guys will die very quickly in the enemy DZ)

The FA slot will become VERY crowded.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 01:07

Exactly and why I'm on the fence about even running it since I don't need to if I want to just splash the Triumvirate. While I'm overwhelmed by choices, I feel massively constricted in what I can and will bring, explicitly because of lack of relevant FOC slots. The fact of the matter is I think I'd rather have obsec than Strength From Death on all the troop choices I want to bring, and I think that makes them more likely to be planned for as targets anyway.

Assuming Trueborn are allowed, I think they, Shurikenbikes/scatbikes, and troupes are the only things actually worth taking as the mandatories. Literally nothing else isn't going to be benefiting from SofD they'll be providing it and that makes it feel like a waste of points because with a little bit of book keeping I can give them rules that make them better at providing it.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 03:22

SfD benefits anything that likes to move or shoot (while standing on the ground). While I agree that ObSec is a terrible thing to waste, DE CADs hardly cost anything. 185 pts for 2 ObSec venoms and an easily killed (read Soulburst) lhamean.

My thinking right now (still staying away from CWE, because screw those guys) is as such:

DE CAD for ObSec venoms

Ynnari "CAD" with troupes for troops, Scourges (maybe a large beastpack) for FA, some awesome Harlie ICs from Elite, and maybe some more lhameans for HQ.

Have not really thought it through entirely yet, it just feels too weird building a list without a Grotesquery Razz
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 04:59

Trueborn would count as elites, not troops, as upgrading to trueborn causes that change, and the ynnari detachment doesn't change what their datasheet says.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 05:01

I understand that but they do explicitly grant us permission to take all our normal upgrades, hence why I think it needs to be asked and why You and others many pages back came to opposite conclusions.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 05:23

I don't understand what you're saying. You do have permission to get the upgrades. Upgrading them changes them from troops to elites. That's a part of the upgrade.

What did I come to opposite conclusions on?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 05:30

Yeah, I think GW has been pretty clear about the way Trueborn/Warriors work.

You can still take Trueborn in a Reborn Warhost detachment, no question in my mind.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 05:30

And there is the opposite conclusion.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 05:38

The opposite conclusion has no basis in the rules. The rules interpretations that have been given by GW support the conclusion that they can be upgraded.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 06:29

A covenite coterie Visarch has soulburst and a -1 to leadership bubble.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 06:47

Holy crap. That's in addition to his own buff. Nice call.

The Covenite Coterie also gives a nice way to bring in a small bucket of HQs with WWP. That lets you expand the number of units you can Deep Strike in. (Just make sure the haemys come in with units inside Raiders, that way the Haemy can jump out and separate upon landing so the unit doesn't get screwed out of SfD. Then the haemy serves as a distraction--you can even pay a kicker to give him a scissorhand so he can do some damage) or a convenient source of Soulburst.)
Back to top Go down
Draco
Kabalite Warrior
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 13:11

fisheyes wrote:
SfD benefits anything that likes to move or shoot (while standing on the ground). While I agree that ObSec is a terrible thing to waste, DE CADs hardly cost anything. 185 pts for 2 ObSec venoms and an easily killed (read Soulburst) lhamean.

My thinking right now (still staying away from CWE, because screw those guys) is as such:

DE CAD for ObSec venoms

Ynnari "CAD" with troupes for troops, Scourges (maybe a large beastpack) for FA, some awesome Harlie ICs from Elite, and maybe some more lhameans for HQ.

Have not really thought it through entirely yet, it just feels too weird building a list without a Grotesquery Razz

My thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down
sumguy777
Kabalite Warrior
sumguy777

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 16:16

has anyone thought of an idea to use a group of troupe masters? you could buff em out with access to all the sweet artifacts across the factions. only thing is they only have +5 invul saves.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 16:18

Mentioned it in a different thread. Yeah, you could if you want, but I'd only do it if you had the points to burn.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 17:02

How do you get a single group of troupe masters? Are you talking about in a single unit?
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 20:21

Random thought, in what phase do you decide an IC is with a unit/detached from a unit? Could you have a big ol Death Star, kill something and the unit soulburts and then you can split the unit into the separate IC's and charge like 3 different things?

Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 20:23

End of the Movement phase solely by virtue of being out of coherency with any other units, only possible legal time to do so.
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 20:45

Phew, thank Ynnead.

Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 21:16

BetrayTheWorld wrote:
How do you get a single group of troupe masters? Are you talking about in a single unit?

I don't think he meant in a single unit, no. I was referring to taking several in a detachment.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16 2017, 02:05

amorrowlyday wrote:
End of the Movement phase solely by virtue of being out of coherency with any other units, only possible legal time to do so.

I think you're right, but since there really hasn't been any other way to move in the movement phase before now, it might be worth checking the wording.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions
Page 9 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next