THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

A discussion regarding the current state of the 40k tournament scene.

Go down 
+4
The Red King
BizarreShowbiz
Massaen
TeenageAngst
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

A discussion regarding the current state of the 40k tournament scene. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A discussion regarding the current state of the 40k tournament scene.   A discussion regarding the current state of the 40k tournament scene. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 01 2017, 02:29

Quote :
I've never heard a group of "fluffy" players talk about a tournament where they didn't feel like it was OK to talk about people who brought better lists than them as if it was a character flaw. That is one of the biggest problems in the warhammer community today, in my opinion. "Fluffy" players think it is OK to speak poorly of competitive players, while competitive players don't come up with negative monikers for fluffy players. It's like an abusive relationship, and the abusers need to KNOW they're being abusive. Spread the word. Stop fluffy players from crap-talking competitive players all the time.

You need thick skin to win all the time. The players where I am, the local ones that is, not the folks from NOVA, can get pretty salty about WAAC lists. Every now and then they complain about my experimental or gimmicky lists. I've just learned to approach them the same way I approach people who complain about me in Overwatch. "That salt is delicious, son. Here, sprinkle some more on the table."

And yes, designing events to be more fluffy or incorporate other things than simply RTT style brackets and ITC rules would be fun. How about In one game, infiltrators get their own turn on the board before the armies can come in from reserves to simulate scouts? Or maybe a match that requires a side to defend a fortification? Or an assassination mission? Those shake it up and invite different playstyle than the typical crusader-esque missions.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

A discussion regarding the current state of the 40k tournament scene. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A discussion regarding the current state of the 40k tournament scene.   A discussion regarding the current state of the 40k tournament scene. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 01 2017, 03:21

TeenageAngst wrote:
You need thick skin to win all the time.

Finally, something you and I agree on. I don't think it should be this way, though.

I suppose a part of it may be that GW makes models very expensive, so having the capability of altering your list to fit the tournament rules doesn't come cheap. Perhaps some of the hate comes from the fact that all players don't start from a level playing field, with some being able to afford more models than others.

But I think a lot has to do with the community just accepting it. If the community had a similar disdain for people speaking negatively about competitive players("That Guy") as it has about speaking negatively about fluffy/hobbyist players, the community overall would be WAY better.
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: A discussion regarding the current state of the 40k tournament scene.   A discussion regarding the current state of the 40k tournament scene. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 03 2017, 12:57

TeenageAngst wrote:

You need thick skin to win all the time.

For once, we agree.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A discussion regarding the current state of the 40k tournament scene.   A discussion regarding the current state of the 40k tournament scene. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A discussion regarding the current state of the 40k tournament scene.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2