THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Don't stop here! This is bat country.

Go down 
+3
Srota
Ynneadwraith
Calyptra
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Srota
Kabalite Warrior
Srota

Don't stop here! This is bat country. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't stop here! This is bat country.   Don't stop here! This is bat country. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 08 2017, 21:28

Thank you for the advice, I shall give it a try tonight, I plan to be fielding it this saturday at an AOS game. So getting it painted should be fun.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Don't stop here! This is bat country.   Don't stop here! This is bat country. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09 2017, 12:49

Thanks for the links dude Smile I'll definitely check them out!

I shall have to try my hand at zombies then Wink I must admit I barely play at the moment so that's less of a concern, but I've always been more 40k than Fantasy. Especially now AoS has come around.

Still, seeing as one of the mortal enemies of my Exodites is Nurgle, I should totally do a Typhus Plague Zombie force Wink

That Mortis engine is great! Love the description as 'an overwrought jenga tower' Wink overwrought it might be but you've made it look beautiful Smile

Oh, and I absolutely agree on the named character front Smile I much prefer making up my own, even if you just pinch the rules of an existing named character to make them Wink

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Don't stop here! This is bat country.   Don't stop here! This is bat country. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 22 2017, 23:53

A while back I posted a bunch more pictures here and wrote a long thing, and after I had finished but before hitting the "send" button, my computer expired and the post was lost. At some point I'll figure out which photos those were and try posting them again, but that's why I lost momentum on this thing.

These photos are not those photos. I took these photos today, though except for a bit of chain on one of them, the work on the models is from a few years ago.

These are the 6th ed Wraiths. I love these models, but looking at the old Undead army book (from 3rd ed I think? It predates the Vampire Counts/Tomb Kings Divorce) I was struck by all the neat individual touches on the models from that time. Wraiths are supposed to be wizards that clung too tightly to live, or whose attempts to prolong life with Necromancy didn't work out quite right, so individual touches make sense.

This was my attempt to give some 3rd ed stylistic touches to some 6th ed models.

Don't stop here! This is bat country. - Page 2 IMG_2954_zpsojtffudc

Don't stop here! This is bat country. - Page 2 IMG_2955_zpshkiqgqb9

Don't stop here! This is bat country. - Page 2 IMG_2956_zpswyhpmhgs

Don't stop here! This is bat country. - Page 2 IMG_2953_zpsb3wncvs1

Don't stop here! This is bat country. - Page 2 IMG_2952_zpstvjsjvg5

Don't stop here! This is bat country. - Page 2 IMG_2951_zpsj5cgsxe3

Don't stop here! This is bat country. - Page 2 IMG_2950_zpswypamnlq

Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Don't stop here! This is bat country.   Don't stop here! This is bat country. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 31 2017, 15:04

Ooh nice work! Great way to spice up some models that might start to look a little monopose in big regiments as well.

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't stop here! This is bat country.   Don't stop here! This is bat country. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Don't stop here! This is bat country.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2