THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 Tournament List - Dark Eldar/Harlequins

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tricktock
Hellion
Tricktock

1850 Tournament List - Dark Eldar/Harlequins Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Tournament List - Dark Eldar/Harlequins   1850 Tournament List - Dark Eldar/Harlequins I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09 2017, 23:07

Hi all. I'm happy with how this list has worked thus far, however, I want to make sure I'm not missing any major weaknesses. Please feel free to give advice! I have a tournament coming up and would love some feedback before it.

The warriors/raiders are objective grabbers and shields for the harlequin troupes in starweavers. Turn 1 the raiders book it as far as possible to the enemy lines while they block vision to the starweavers traveling next to them. Night shields provide a 3+ cover save with jinks so my hope is to keep the starweavers safe until turn 2.

Turn 2. Archon with Armour of Misery and Court (meat shields) arrive (hopefully) from deep strike near an ideal target for 3 psychic shrieks (assuming I roll well - normally don't) and shadowseer's mask of secrets. The Troupes hop out of their transport, move 6", run, and charge thanks to Masque formation's "rising crescendo." Scourges haywire armored threats and raiders move flat out (24" with aethersails) to objectives. If the raiders didn't jink last turn (unlikely) they will provide support fire with their disintegrator cannons and embarked splinter rifle warriors.

The shadowseers join each unit of troupes and take both primaris powers of telepathy and phantasmancy. One of troupes purchased a starweaver as a dedicated transport and the other two are deployed in the mandatory fast attack slot starweavers. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to include any AA.

DARK ELDAR COMBINED ARMS DETACHMENT

Archon (warlord) - webway portal, armour of misery
Court (3 Sslyth) - 3x Sslyth

Warriors (5)
Raider - night shields, enhanced aethersails
Warriors (5)
Warriors (5)
Warriors (5)

Scourges (5) - 4x haywire cannons
Scourges (5) - 4x haywire cannons

HARLEQUIN MASQUE FORMATION

Shadowseer - ML 2, Mask of Secrets
Shadowseer - ML 2
Shadowseer - ML 2

Troupe (1 master, 4 players) - 5x caress'

Starweaver
Starweaver
Starweaver

Voidweaver - Prismatic cannon

TOTAL POINTS: 1850

Thanks for reading! I'm happy to discuss tactics with anyone who has questions or needs advice.

Last edited by Tricktock on Thu Mar 09 2017, 23:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PsychicHobo
Hellion
PsychicHobo

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Tournament List - Dark Eldar/Harlequins   1850 Tournament List - Dark Eldar/Harlequins I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09 2017, 23:19

I'm a bit wary of your Troupe's damage output - they can be shot down fairly easily with a good bit of focus fire if they're riding Starweavers. Keep 'em with the Shadowseers if possible, but they are still quite vulnerable, and honestly when you have a minimum size squad you might get a similar yet cheaper result with Kisses over Caresses - I love the latter but they can be unreliable at times.
Back to top Go down
Tricktock
Hellion
Tricktock

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Tournament List - Dark Eldar/Harlequins   1850 Tournament List - Dark Eldar/Harlequins I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09 2017, 23:55

Thanks for the feedback PsychicHobo!

Some valid points and I agree with the troupe vulnerability. Because of their extreme squishiness, I try my best to make sure the starweavers are completely out of sight turn 1, whether they are behind terrain or raiders. I also should have prefaced that the shadowseers join the troupes in the starweavers. As soon as the squad disembarks, usually on turn 2, my priority is to get veil up on the squad in case they don't make their charge or they do make their charge and destroy a unit making them open to shooting in the enemy turn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Tournament List - Dark Eldar/Harlequins   1850 Tournament List - Dark Eldar/Harlequins I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 Tournament List - Dark Eldar/Harlequins
Page 1 of 1