THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Yncarne's potential

Go down 
+15
BizarreShowbiz
Mononcule
amorrowlyday
mattblowers
dumpeal
Count Adhemar
The Red King
lelith
WildCandy
Ynneadwraith
BetrayTheWorld
Painjunky
TeenageAngst
Myrvn
PsychicHobo
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

The Yncarne's potential - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne's potential   The Yncarne's potential - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 22 2017, 21:06

I'm seconding @jimsolo
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne's potential   The Yncarne's potential - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 22 2017, 23:02

Agreed. The trigger for United in Death is simply a Soulburst action.

Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne's potential   The Yncarne's potential - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 23 2017, 10:29

I've been playing it wrong then, and just ... Wow. Shocked

Ynnari just keep getting better the more you play and understand them. I already thought they were OP.

I feel soo dirty. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Draco
Kabalite Warrior
Draco

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne's potential   The Yncarne's potential - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 23 2017, 14:58

If a unit dies, does the SFD trigger first, or the Yncarnes teleport?
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne's potential   The Yncarne's potential - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 23 2017, 17:34

Draco wrote:
If a unit dies, does the SFD trigger first, or the Yncarnes teleport?

I think it happens on the same time level. If SFD and/or the Yncarne are yours, you can choose which one happens first and if one is yours and the other is your enemy's, the one happening first is the one which it's the player's turn.

But I' not sure if you can teleport your Yncarne and THEN soulburst it to charge.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne's potential   The Yncarne's potential - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 24 2017, 05:03

Count Adhemar wrote:

I wasn't talking about united in death. I was talking about the "Warhost of ynnead" special rule from the detachment, and it doesn't trigger off of the psychic power because it specifies "when a unit dies".

Also, Adepticon ruled against being able to trigger 2 ynnari units from different detachments from a single death using the bonus from the reborn warhost detachments. Details incoming in the adepticon thread.
Back to top Go down
BizarreShowbiz
Sybarite
BizarreShowbiz

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne's potential   The Yncarne's potential - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 24 2017, 09:23

BetrayTheWorld wrote:
Also, Adepticon ruled against being able to trigger 2 ynnari units from different detachments from a single death using the bonus from the reborn warhost detachments. Details incoming in the adepticon thread.

What happens in Adepticon, stays in Adepticon. Unless it was GW who made the ruling, that is. Being Adepticon doesnt make it less of a house rule.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne's potential   The Yncarne's potential - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 24 2017, 09:38

BetrayTheWorld wrote:
Count Adhemar wrote:

I wasn't talking about united in death. I was talking about the "Warhost of ynnead" special rule from the detachment, and it doesn't trigger off of the psychic power because it specifies "when a unit dies".

I'm aware of that and if you read the comments after your last post I'm sure you'll comprehend that I wasn't talking about the Warhost of Ynnead, I was responding to Jimsolo's comment.

TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne's potential   The Yncarne's potential - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 24 2017, 21:19

Quote :

What happens in Adepticon, stays in Adepticon. Unless it was GW who made the ruling, that is. Being Adepticon doesnt make it less of a house rule.

Truth. Don't get your marbles in our oatmeal, Adepticon has strange rules anyway.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne's potential   The Yncarne's potential - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 25 2017, 06:08

Count Adhemar wrote:
BetrayTheWorld wrote:
Count Adhemar wrote:

I'm aware of that and if you read the comments after your last post I'm sure you'll comprehend that I wasn't talking about the Warhost of Ynnead, I was responding to Jimsolo's comment.

Oh ok, my mistake. I may have missed it. I was quickly skimming and catching up with threads due to lack of time due to my participation in adepticon.
Back to top Go down
lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne's potential   The Yncarne's potential - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 25 2017, 08:15

I've been thinking about swapping to the Yncarne for a few reasons. Points cost and more warp charges are on top of the pile. I'm not convinced the Yncarne can be "the big guy" in my lists or keep up with jetbikes.

The ability to arrive when a unit dies seems fun and the synergy that could have with MSU bike lists seems obvious. I still haven't played with it though. I do like the aggressive nature of the revenant discipline but, the few buffs are really soft.

Edit: Also it's best buffs are when it's taken in an expensive formation
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne's potential   The Yncarne's potential - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 26 2017, 00:26

I will say the Ancestor's Grace or whatnot is super helpful for getting an edge on an opponent with an equal initiative and/or WS. That spell on Grotesques or a Talos is a treat.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
PsychicHobo
Hellion
PsychicHobo

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne's potential   The Yncarne's potential - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 16 2017, 10:45

I trialled the Yncarne a bit more recently, and I have to say it was a complete infuriation for my opponents. You have to constantly be on the lookout to reposition it though, and constantly teleport it across the board. Use that teleport move to pull it out of combats where it could be in danger and just keep as a massive potential 'consequence' for any action that that your opponent wants to take that could kill a unit of yours.

It performs a very different function to a Wraithknight, whose purpose is to draw firepower and tank whilst gunning down whatever's killable. The main thing is the Yncarne is a bit risky at times, whereas the Wraithknight is far more consistent.

Still, the Yncarne is very good, and I think it's a massive pressure on your opponent. But you literally have to treat it like it's fragile and constantly look for a way to warp it somewhere where it'll do damage without getting gunned down - and most importantly, forget about the whole 'centrepoint of the army' thing. It just isn't good at that.
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne's potential   The Yncarne's potential - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 16 2017, 16:55

My dream is teleporting her to the enemy backyard and then double-tapping nova powers (whispers & flames). I haven't had opportunity for picking good psychic rolls thus far - or THE good warlord trait.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne's potential   The Yncarne's potential - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Yncarne's potential
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4