THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

So this is gonna be a thing.

Go down 
+2
Massaen
TeenageAngst
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

So this is gonna be a thing. Empty
PostSubject: So this is gonna be a thing.   So this is gonna be a thing. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 20 2017, 06:31

So this is gonna be a thing. 17309310

For those who can't tell due to the potato-cam, it's got Psychic Abomination built in and is a fast attack option.

THE RHINO

HAS PSYCHIC ABOMINATION

FOR 45 POINTS

AND IS A FAST ATTACK
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: So this is gonna be a thing.   So this is gonna be a thing. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 20 2017, 06:50

You missed the detachment rules then?

The part where for every unit in the detachment that's on the table, the range of psychic abomination on every unit with it is increased by 3" after the first...

And with 3 units of sisters with 3 rhinos as DT, that's a range of 27" radius if all 6 are on the table PER UNIT

So you can literally stop any psychic power on the table from working with the right spacing!
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: So this is gonna be a thing.   So this is gonna be a thing. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 20 2017, 11:51

And everyone who bought the rahottie lists are screaming in rage...
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasybattles.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: So this is gonna be a thing.   So this is gonna be a thing. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 20 2017, 12:02

Massaen wrote:
You missed the detachment rules then?

The part where for every unit in the detachment that's on the table, the range of psychic abomination on every unit with it is increased by 3" after the first...

And with 3 units of sisters with 3 rhinos as DT, that's a range of 27" radius if all 6 are on the table PER UNIT

So you can literally stop any psychic power on the table from working with the right spacing!

And for that godlike power, the Imperium of Man has to spend the princely sum of 360 points!
Back to top Go down
Srota
Kabalite Warrior
Srota

PostSubject: Re: So this is gonna be a thing.   So this is gonna be a thing. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 20 2017, 17:26

That's only 20% (give or take a bit) of their army. Jeebus.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: So this is gonna be a thing.   So this is gonna be a thing. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 21 2017, 04:38

I'd pay it and run it along side my Ynnari in tournaments. I don't need psychic powers as much as most people do.
Back to top Go down
Cherrycoke
Kabalite Warrior
Cherrycoke

PostSubject: Re: So this is gonna be a thing.   So this is gonna be a thing. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 22 2017, 06:58

Isn't this a good thing?
Excuse my ignorance i'm hardly a gamer but I thought the number one gripe for hardcore gamers in 40k have been playing against these psychic stars in its various forms. Those type of lists suck all the fun out of the game, is the gripe I read most.

Now with this anyone can combat those tactics for cheap and hopefully could lead to more variation in list building and what you may come up against?
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: So this is gonna be a thing.   So this is gonna be a thing. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 22 2017, 07:13

Yes and no its a good thing.

Is a hugely powerful rule on a way to cheap platform that essentially stops some armies dead in their tracks. Its way to cheap for what its doing. Adding this to a battle company at 1850 is easy enough and you have an army that is all but unbeatable.

It scores easily as almost everything is ObSec
Its mobile
Its got lots of units
Its got good shooting
It completely shuts down any psychic powers (meaning marines are even better as they have the best basic stats and gear)

The armies that NEED psychic powers like nids suffer a huge amount as a result
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: So this is gonna be a thing.   So this is gonna be a thing. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 22 2017, 07:31

The ability to nullify psykers is extremely powerful. To have that ability on multiple cheap units that are available as a standalone formation with no tax and that cover sufficient area to block out 4 entire battlefields is uttely ridiculous and terrible design.

If psychic deathstars are a problem, firstly STOP MAKING BROKEN PSYCHIC POWERS, secondly, do something about Battle Brothers and thirdly, have a long hard look at how special rules confer between units.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: So this is gonna be a thing.   So this is gonna be a thing. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 22 2017, 15:10

The flip side is you can kill these things as easy as space marines, and if you DON'T use psychic powers they're dead in the water.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So this is gonna be a thing.   So this is gonna be a thing. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So this is gonna be a thing.
Page 1 of 1