THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 Pure DE List

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Synide
Slave
Synide

1850 Pure DE List Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Pure DE List   1850 Pure DE List I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 05 2017, 07:00

So I'll be getting my first models later today, here is the list I'm thinking of

Archon - Shadowfield, Agoniser, Djinn Blade, Soul Trap, Haywire grenades - Venom w dual Splinter Cannons - 235
Mandrakes - 3 man - 36
Warriors - 5 man - Blaster - Venom w dual Splinter Cannons - 120
Reaver Jetbikes - 6 man - 2 Heatlances, 2 Caltrops - 146
Razorwing Jetfighter - 2 Dark Lances, 4 monoscythe missiles - 140
Ravager - 3 Dark Lances - 125

Total: 1850

Basically the Reavers and the venoms will hit 1 flank. I know a lone archon is risky but I like the idea of him swooping around. The plan is to use the Djinn blade to ensure a kill in a challenge to power up the soul trap. If it works, awesome, if not, meh.

The mandrakes are for 2 purposes - objective sitting and also as anchor units for when I choose to null deploy.

Ravagers still have a purpose I feel, as they will not often be moving fast anyway. Their role is to sit back and unleash their payload.

Meanwhile the Reavers and Venoms will be moving forward for overwhelming threats.

I've got a lot of redundancy I think. But I'd like to hear your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Sybarite
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy

1850 Pure DE List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 Pure DE List   1850 Pure DE List I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 05 2017, 14:34

Looks like a good list. But I would make a few, tiny changes. Keep one ravager with dissies. Usefull to dissapoint drop podding marines, harassing your backlines. Split one of the reaver squads in two. Gives some of your reavers more survivability as they are easier to hide in terrain. Archon has too much bling and is too cc oriented with little backup. When I don't run cc squads, I keep him with only a field and blaster. You should now have more points for more mandrakes or some nightshields for your ravagers and flyers

dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

1850 Pure DE List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 Pure DE List   1850 Pure DE List I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 05 2017, 16:41

Archon is an odd model. His role is supposed to take challenges, but lack the "biting" needed for this. He has the soul trap to boost him after challenge, but has no AP2 weapon to effectively allow him to kill anything powerful in a challenge.

If you want a CC archon, forget about challenge and hero killing. His role will be to wipe MEQ with his AP3 weapon.
Back to top Go down
Bhaal
Hellion
Bhaal

1850 Pure DE List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 Pure DE List   1850 Pure DE List I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 12 2017, 14:23

Love the list, I've been looking at something similar for myself to play. I would consider the Archon to be a character that is able to lock things up in combat for a couple of turns, and would use him to that end. So remove the Djinn Blade and Soul Trap. That gives you enough points for another group of Mandrakes, which would be much more beneficial to your army and increase on your redundancy.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

1850 Pure DE List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 Pure DE List   1850 Pure DE List I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 12 2017, 15:46

If its pure efficiency you want, the archon can be swapped for another troops choice AND a Lhamaen in a venom and still leaves you change in points. This nets you 2 extra scoring units and an extra venom and blaster.

Alternatively it would net you another unit of 6 reavers and the aforementioned lhamaen in venom... hopefully this highlights why competitive DE lists don't generally run archons!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Sponsored content

1850 Pure DE List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 Pure DE List   1850 Pure DE List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 Pure DE List
Page 1 of 1