THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

First 750 Point List made in Ten Minutes (Old and Useless now)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AgrealSlade
Hellion
AgrealSlade

First 750 Point List made in Ten Minutes (Old and Useless now) Empty
PostSubject: First 750 Point List made in Ten Minutes (Old and Useless now)   First 750 Point List made in Ten Minutes (Old and Useless now) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 08:41

(Link to the new list)
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t3903-dark-eldar-750-points-revamped-and-used-list#43786

So, I made this army list in like ten minutes off of what little I could learn about the Dark Eldar and I wanted to hear two things. First off, what you think of the list, and second, how could I improve it. I do want to make bigger and bigger lists for 1000, 1250, 1500, and 2000 armies but I wanted to start small and see what my knowledge has gained me as far as real information I could use and what was garbage. So, here is the list as marked by squads.

Squad 1
HQ Succubus with Electric Corrosive Whip and Blast Pistol
9 Wyches with 2 Hydra Gauntlets and a Wyche upgraded to a Heaxatric with an Agonizer
Raider with a Flickershield

Squad 2
5 Kabalite Warriors and one with a Shredder
Venom with a Chain Snare and a Splinter Cannon

Squad 3
5 Kabalite Warriors and one with a Shredder
Venom with a Chain Snare and a Splinter Cannon

Squad 4
3 Reavers with one having Cluster Caltrops

Squad 5
Talos Pain Engine with 2 Close Combat Weapons

(Below is the match the I played with this list in)

I made this list because I had a friend that liked to play with running headlong into the enemy so I had made this list in the hopes to fight a heavy infantry army. Of course, as soon as I get ready to deploy, I find out he has a huge tank, 2 unique HQs, and a whole mess of terminators and of course, the upper hand of knowing how dark eldar play. But, when I deployed all of my forces on the table, he said, "oh Crap." So, I had the upper hand in the fact he wasn't prepared for what I had made in a short amount of time. Well, the first round I wasn't able to steal initiative so he got to move and fire first. Well, when he tried to fire, he was exactly 1 inch from hitting my reavers. So, when it became my turn, I spearheaded my Raider with my Squad 1 right in front of the tank, hoping he would focus on the raider while the Venoms. Reavers, and Pain flanked him. See, I figured he would deploy his troops when he could get the jump on me so I wanted him to pay for coming to me. So, I got part of my troops in position and knowing it would stall him some, I assaulted his tank with my reavers, With Round two under way, he pulled away from the reavers and started to open fire on them. He killed two but I was able to keep my guy on the board with my leadership roll but he hadn't deployed his men. So, when he passed the turn to me again I got a little closer and had every side of him cornered. In short, the instant he deployed I would get to rapid fire on his men before he had a chance to come at me. So, his tank was close to the edge of the table, I had a venom and pain on one flank, my raider right in front, and my reaver and other venom on the other flank and luck would have it, a clear shot at the back so he couldn't deploy without trouble. So, I start my round of shooting, with my Raider with the dark lance and right off the bat with a one in a million shot, his tank blows up. So, for half an hour we are trying to do our rolls and get over my excitement and his shock over what had happened. He lot some men, I lost the rest of my reavers and my Raider couldn't move anymore but still fire along with one of my Venoms, the explosion was huge. So, once the dust had settled and the game was ready to go on, there was a nice little pile of flesh right in the middle of a meat grinder. I opened fire with everything I had because this was the moment I had waited for and was having a hard time getting through his danged armor. That was, until my Succubus took her turn. One shot with the pistol and his men started to drop. Then we got into assault and Pain had to join the fray because of his blind attacks. At first I was happy about it because it was doing a number on the enemy but I couldn't shoot anymore at them so part of me hoped he would die soon. Well, like a good enemy, my friend started to pull tricks left and right to take my guy down to no avail. He couldn't do squat against my saves of 3+. So, Round three and he instantly goes into assault. He tries his tricks again and it looks like he might get the upper hand and then I pull a purple rabbit out of the hat and survive his assault and return fire. More of his men drop and very few got back up. Then it was my turn again and I found out more of my troops could get into the fray so the troops from the immobilized vehicles join in and I start chewing him to pieces. He first tried to kill my HQ but failed miserably and with my combat drugs in effect, Squad 1 was just murdering him. He was down to his two HQs and five men when we realized what time it was and called it a draw since we wouldn't be able to finish the game another day. So, in the end, I lot my squad of reavers, a few wyches and a warrior and he lost a tank and more terminators then you can shake a stick at for a small game.

Last edited by AgrealSlade on Mon Aug 20 2012, 06:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ftayl5
Hellion
ftayl5

PostSubject: Re: First 750 Point List made in Ten Minutes (Old and Useless now)   First 750 Point List made in Ten Minutes (Old and Useless now) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 11:36

The electric whip is pretty ... average. I'd prefer to just kill the guy outright than make him hit me back a bit weaker - and it might not make any difference if they have a poisoned weapon or some other thing that makes it irrelevant they have half strength.
A venom blade is cheaper and much better against a 2+ save and still pretty good against 3+ or less. You're already spending quite a lot on the pistol so I'd try and save a bit on the sword.

Something you're missing overall is anti-tank stuff and if the wyches had some haywire grenades that would help that problem. Get them some grenades! Drop the agonizer if need be, or just make it a venom blade.

I'd also trade the caltrops on the reavers for a heat lance (or take both if you can find the points). You currently don't have much anti-armour, even with haywire on the wyches, it's good to have a few things capable of doing a job. The reavers dark lance is only somewhat worth considering in my opinion, usually it's just a nice added bonus if it gets to shoot but usually wont be in a good position to do so.

Anyway, it's a good list could just use some anti-tank options.
Back to top Go down
AgrealSlade
Hellion
AgrealSlade

PostSubject: Re: First 750 Point List made in Ten Minutes (Old and Useless now)   First 750 Point List made in Ten Minutes (Old and Useless now) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 20:58

Thanks, I'll look into throwing some anti tank weaponry into it. When I was making it, I didn't know my friend had a tank so it surprised me when he put it on the field so I got lucky with being able to take it out with what I had. Also, thanks for the advice on the whip, It was a hasty pick on my part so I'll learn from that.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: First 750 Point List made in Ten Minutes (Old and Useless now)   First 750 Point List made in Ten Minutes (Old and Useless now) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 21:18

Totally agree on dropping the ECW. It is far better to kill something. Also, you can't take a second wyche weapon in a squad until you have 10 Wyches in the unit. The Succubus does not count towards this total. If you want an HQ to ride with a Wyche unit you will only be able to roll with one set of the Hydras. I prefer to take 7-8 in my Wyche units. With the points that you save you can give them Haywire grenades. Wyches are pretty boss at taking out vehicles now. Ask the Blood Angels player that drop podded two dreadnaughts into my deployment zone in last week's tournament how that worked out for him Razz
Back to top Go down
AgrealSlade
Hellion
AgrealSlade

PostSubject: Re: First 750 Point List made in Ten Minutes (Old and Useless now)   First 750 Point List made in Ten Minutes (Old and Useless now) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 21:26

Thanks for the advice, I guess I must have missed that bit when making the list. Well, now I know where the points will come from for the haywire grenades. Yeah, the whip is going out. When I make the adjustments I'll put up a new list. I just wanted to wait till I heard a little more from a few other people before I went in to fix the list.
Back to top Go down
AgrealSlade
Hellion
AgrealSlade

PostSubject: Re: First 750 Point List made in Ten Minutes (Old and Useless now)   First 750 Point List made in Ten Minutes (Old and Useless now) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20 2012, 01:31

Okay, so, I have a new list made and I am getting to try it out tonight. I'll post later it and the results.

Edit: New and improved 750 point list is coming out in a few minutes so this one is now old.

If you want to add infomation, just use the edit button -Your Friendly Neighborhood Mod SR-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First 750 Point List made in Ten Minutes (Old and Useless now)   First 750 Point List made in Ten Minutes (Old and Useless now) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First 750 Point List made in Ten Minutes (Old and Useless now)
Page 1 of 1