THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Twisted Hornet

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
twistedhornet
Slave
twistedhornet

Kabal of the Twisted Hornet Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Twisted Hornet   Kabal of the Twisted Hornet I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 12 2017, 13:17

Hi one and all,

This is my first post on the Dark City and my first foray into the depths of Commorragh! I'm new to playing 40K and to the Dark Elves and have, until recently, only painted my other army - 4500pts Tau. To learn more about the Dark Eldar, I've been lurking on FB pages and have listened to the entire back catalogue of the mighty Splinermind Podcast.

I'm about to start my own Kabal, the Kabal of the Twisted Hornet, by building and painting the first 1500pts. I've got the units I need to do this and will update my post with the basic list once I'm happy with it.

My aim is to keep the Kabal 100% Dark Eldar only, no allies. Taht being said, I like the idea of trying to paint diamonds so maybe a unit or two of Harlies are not out of the question???

I've got my colour scheme nailed down (more on this in future posts) and now I'm waiting for my paints to be delivered. I'm only going to play with painted models so painting and hobby updates will follow long before batreps.

I'm really exceited to start painting my DE army, (finally) playing 40K but most of all, I'm looking forward to meeting a load of new people here on the Dark City.

Updates will follow soon!
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Twisted Hornet   Kabal of the Twisted Hornet I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 12 2017, 13:43

Welcome! Looking forward to what you come up with Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
twistedhornet
Slave
twistedhornet

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Twisted Hornet   Kabal of the Twisted Hornet I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 25 2017, 12:56

Ynneadwraith wrote:
Welcome! Looking forward to what you come up with Smile

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
twistedhornet
Slave
twistedhornet

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Twisted Hornet   Kabal of the Twisted Hornet I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 25 2017, 13:21

Ok, so here we go with update number 1 (the first and last time I'm going to number my posts!) I took a quick timeout before updating the project log to digest what's happening with GW and the upcoming release of 8th Ed. I think its clear that now is not the right time to build an army list as, in my opinion, its likely to need rebuilding at the launch of 8th (and before I get my toys on the table).

Instead, here's the list of models I've got. I've placed them in the order they're getting painted and based:

9 x Reavers
20 x Kabalite Warriors
1 x Talos
2 x Venoms
1 x Archon
1 x Raider
10 x Trueborn
1 x Haemonculus
5 x  Scourges
5 x Helions
1 x Radier
5 x Helions
1 x Chronos
1 x Raider
5 x Scourges
1 x Ravager
5 x Scourges

The list doesn't make sense in that its not by unit type or whatever - it's in an order that should help me to remain sane during the batch painting shenanigans that are about to happen by mixing up the size and type of model I'm focusing on!

I know I still need air support - I really want 2 Razorwings and a Voidraven Bomber - (more for their looks than performance) - Grotesques and (maybe?) some Wracks. I think my current models list is a good starting point to provide me with some fun starter games.

When I painted my Tau army I struggled with the best method to use to paint the models and went down the route of glueing head/body/legs leaving off the arms/weapons and leaving vehicles/suits in sub-assemblies throughout the painting process.

I want to acheive a quicker (but still impactive) result with my Kabal and have decided to glue the majority of the army before priming and will be painting only what I can see. This is going to play havoc with my OCD but I want this army fully painted, based and on the tabletop asap.

I've reclaimed my hobby space from the kids and am going to get priming tonight and should have some solid painting progress to post within the week as there's a long weekend here in the UK.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Twisted Hornet   Kabal of the Twisted Hornet I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 25 2017, 13:31

twistedhornet wrote:
My aim is to keep the Kabal 100% Dark Eldar only, no allies. Taht being said, I like the idea of trying to paint diamonds so maybe a unit or two of Harlies are not out of the question???

Slippery slope man. Slippery slope.
I started out saying "Just a Kabal. Nothing else, just a Kabal."
Soon I was finding excuses for Kabal-themed Wracks and Grotesques, and soo after I was adding Harlequins, then an Aspect Host......

http://www.escelionfilms.com
twistedhornet
Slave
twistedhornet

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Twisted Hornet   Kabal of the Twisted Hornet I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 25 2017, 23:58

Thanks for the warning Squidmaster - looking at the sea of grey plastic before me I'm feeling daunted with what I have to paint without adding more to the pile!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Twisted Hornet   Kabal of the Twisted Hornet I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Twisted Hornet
Page 1 of 1