THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar battle Reports

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

Dark Eldar battle Reports Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar battle Reports   Dark Eldar battle Reports I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 12 2017, 19:37

Posting them here so I can find them later. enjoy!

Consolidating this so I can find it later.

Night Fight, Crusade Mission with 4 Objectives more or less all down the center of the board. GeneStealer Cult chose sides. Dawn of War Deployment. Dark Eldar going first. 1500 point version so no Ravagers for me and one less grotesque and a couple little changes here and there.

GeneStealers stationed their Leman Russ line in the middle with good lines of sight to everything. On the left, his Chimera with cultists inside, plus Cultists with lots of weapons next to them near one objective plus two (what i found out later) were two Armored Sintinels. all were in cover. To the right three more units of cultists armed to the teeth and a Chimera loaded with more. His leader with an enormous number of genestealers infiltrated to my right in some ruins to take advantage of stealth and were essentially on an objective to start the game almost.

To the center right I deployed Grotesques and Incubi in their Raiders. to the center left I placed Grotesques and the Court of the Archon. Infiltrating were two Venoms which ended up center left behind the line of Raiders. The Beastpack started in a ruin to the left on a vector for his Chimera. Jetfighter reserved.

I moved every Raider 1" in front of his Leman Russ's to the center, using a building to the right of the line to shield me from the Lascannon wielding Cultists to the right. The Beastpack moved and ran 18 inches towards the ruins on the left in which the Chimera/Armores sintinels and Cultists took refuge. Venoms shot at the far right Cultists because trying to kill the 3+ cover Genestealers was a fools errand and I hoped to bait them out of cover, so the venoms moved up a bit.

Two cultist units on the right went back into reserve using shenanigans. The third moved to get around the building shielding my Raider line so they could take some shots and the Chimera advanced taking cover from the building from one angle and popping smoke. The Leman Russ's trundled backwards to avoid hitting themselves with ordinance and fired down on the Raiders, immobilizing the Court of the Archon on the far right of the Raider line, closest to the building, but ultimately the Jinking was successful enough to avoid losing any. His Chimera and Auto Cannon Sintinels let loose on the Beastpack. His Chimera had dual heavy flamers which was interesting and he fired his arrays and other guns, doing damage although the cover did help a little bit and I lost a Razorwing flock and a Khymerae.
His Genestealers made it through their cover and made the charge unfortunately and "took" my bait by ripping the lead Venom apart. Hehehe. Good news? Clumped. Better news? The explosion of the Venom took out six Genestealers. Ouch.

The Razorwing Jetfighter came in and blasted the clumped Genestealers unit and only because of some errant dice did they not take worse. Even with that bit of luck, casualties were heavy. The Grotesques charged the Leman Russ Squadron and destroyed it entirely. the Court of the Archon shot all but one of the Cultists who came around the house dead and the last one ran off the board. The center of the board was cleared of enemies pretty completely. The BeastPack attacked the chippy Chimera on the left and wrecked it, pinning the unit that poured out of it. The remaining Venom ran for its life to the far left to avoid the Genestealers and the survivors from the Venom wreckage took ineffectual potshots at their oppressors, firm in the knowledge it might be the last shots they ever took in the face of such gruesome horror. The incubi moved in their Raider to the left to prepare for more Genestealer shenanigans when they appeared.

The Genestealers popped in their cultists from nowhere near my Beastpack on the left and shot it up along with the Sintinels. This had the fortunate side effect of putting the Beastpack out of practical charge distance from the Sintinels however. The Genestealers slew the Kabalite Warriors in the center of the board near an objective. The Chimera that had popped smoke on the right came around the bend and flaminated the Raider flotilla that was blockading it, hitting several with its heavy flamers and putting 2 hull points on one of them and one on another. The Pinned Genestealers from the previous round decided to disappear literally. Silly genestealer magic.

The remainder of the Beastpack attacked and destroyed one of the antagonizing cultist units that had popped out of nowhere on them. The Razorwing Jetfighter pummeled the Genestealers again near the middle fo the board, but rolled quite a bit worse this time; but causing enough damage to matter. All of the Raiders fired down on the Sintinels, doing nothing because there was so much cover in the way. The Venom that coasted that way retreated to the center of the board to claim the objective there and get elevation so it could fire at more targets. Its aim wasn't good and it killed a total of one Cultists near the Beastpack. The Court of the Archon moved around the building abutting my Raider line and started making its way towards the furthest objective on my right, as did a unit of Grotesques. The second unit of Grotesques (with the Warlord) headed around the immobilized Raider to try and make its way towards the offending Chimera that was damaging the Raiders. They tried to charge, but didn't make it far enough.

The Genestealer response? pop out of nowhere! They popped a linebreaking unit into cover behind the Beastpack and opened up on them along with the Sintinels, killing the Beastmaster and sending the unit fleeing with just two Clawed Fiends and a Khymerae left. The Chimers the Grotesques failed to charge charcoaled them with flame, causing two wounds, while the unit inside got out. and actually put an immobilized result on the Razorwing Jetfighter. The Genestealers were down to a single Genestealer and their leader who had one wound so they left the board with genestealer magic.

Grotesques annihilated the Chimera, the Raiders immobilized a Sintinel, Court of the Archon destroyed the unit that came out of the Chimera after moving towards the far right objective again, the Razorwing fighter took a left turn and did nothing, Incubi jumped out of their Raider and positioned themselves near ruins in order to get ready to assault and take the far left objective. The Venom let loose and did a little damage to the cultists that were line breaking but not much. The BeastMasters regrouped, surprisingly. which placed them, the Incubi and the INcubi Raider all sitting on the far left objective. At this stage the Dark Eldar controlled every objective but that one (tying it). The other grotesques were just meandering around heading to objectives as well.

The Genestealers were now pretty well stuck where they were and decided to unload on the Beastpack killing all but one Clawed Fiend (one wound on it also), and their leader popped back up in the ruins where he had started, near the far right objective. The Sintinels assisted, attempting to kill the INcubi Raider and got a hull point on it. His goal now was to attempt to control the far right and far left, thus winning the game on First Blood. Despite his dire situation he had a chance.

The Court of the Archon and Grotesques converged on the far right, along with a Raider, the lone Clawed Fiend and the Incubi charged one of the Cultists units on the left and killed it, consolidating back to the objective. and the Raiders once again missed everything. This however ended the game because there was now no way for him to take either objective. He needed to repel the assault on his Cultists to win and even then it was a long shot but with their death we called it.

Dark Eldar victory. 13-2

Back to top Go down
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

Dark Eldar battle Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar battle Reports   Dark Eldar battle Reports I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 12 2017, 19:41

His army:  2 LARGE units of Ork Bikers stuffed full with Painboyz and Warbosses.  The Buzzgob Stompa, with SIX Voidshields (ridiculous to even try to get through 18 Hull points) and a couple Gretchen Squads along with a 2 Kannon squad for objective campage.  It was a very elite Ork force.  Not many units but all of them with a definite role.  Kommandos were in reserve for this Hammer and Anvil game.  Night Fighting was invoked.

My force?
Total Roster Cost: 1850
: Combined Arms Detachment (41#, 1270 pts)
4 Incubi, + Demiklaives
     1 Raider,+ Enhanced Aethersails
  5 Kabalite Warriors
     1 Venom+ Splinter Cannon
  5 Kabalite Warriors
     1 Venom+ Splinter Cannon

Court of the Archon:
     1 Lhamaean
     2 Medusae,
     6 Sslyth
     1 Raider,+ Enhanced Aethersails

Beastmasters:
     1 Beastmaster
     3 Khymerae
     3 Razorwing Flocks
     4 Clawed Fiends
  1 Ravager, + Dark Lance x3
  1 Ravager, + Dark Lance x3

1 Razorwing Jetfighter,+ Splinter Cannon x1 + Night Shields

Formation: Grotesquerie (13#, 580 pts)
        1 Haemonculus,+ Stinger Pistol 5)
     4 Grotesques,
        1 Aberration,+ Agoniser 25)
        1 Raider,+ Enhanced Aethersails 5
     3 Grotesques,
        1 Aberration+ Agoniser 25)
        1 Raider,+ Enhanced Aethersails 5

The Dark Eldar shot every single raider to within an inch of his army and cut them completely off from moving forward.  Ravagers and Venoms took shots into the larger of the two Bike squads and killed 4 of them.  The Beast pack moved to the objective to the rear.

The Ork response was violent and effective.  They miraculously downed all 3 of the 4 Raiders that were camped in front of them.  Only the Court of the Archon Raider survived it.  The Warlord and 3 of his Grotesques were obliterted by the Buzzgob blast.  Even with a 3+ Jink, that many biked twin linked had the juice and the Buzzgob was effective as well.  All of my assault troops were laid bare but the Court.  As he had retreated one bike unit only one was close enough to assault and did so, attacking the singular Grotesque from the Warlords unit that survived and the Raider the Court was in, killing several of the court because they couldnt get out.  His placement was in dispute on this one but oh well.

The Razorwing Jetfighter came on and obliterated most of the bike squad that had retreated, causing 19 wounds but their Feel No Pain was of enormoususe here and saved about 4 of them including the 2nd warboss leading them and his Painboy.  Still, it was impressive.

The Court of the Archon and the second Grotesque squad closed in on the weaker bike unit that blew them out, with his Warlord, that were in some rocks on the left.  The Court made the charge but the Grotesques missed.  Hoboy.  This was VERY bad for my Grotesques as it left them right in front of Buzzgob thanks to the retreat of the other bikes.  The Court won the combat and killed the Kannons (one of their maelstrom objectives that turn) and stayed entrenched.

The Incubi came around the corner of the rock formation to my right that the Gretchen were using to cower behind and the Venoms opened up on them but they were remarkably resilient (Read:  I rolled like poop and he did not).  the Incubi missed their charge there also.  More good news.

The Beastpack retreated with the Relic and passed it off to another guy behind the front line for safekeeping.

The ork bikers that were free to move moved towards the Gretchen on my right and lined up shots on the Incubi but created no damage.
Buzzgob dropped the fury, killing four BeastPack, blowing a Ravager skyhigh (my Jinks failed me with regularity in this game) and forced another to Jink.  He then charged the Grotesques.  Only one Grotesque survived and couldnt run because it was now fearless.

The Court of the Archon rolled great and...Feel No Pain boned me big time.  The Warlord fisted all but one dead and the last Sslyth in the unit fled.

The last Grotesque lost his fight with Buzzgob, freeing the Beast.
The Incubi charged and hit the Bikers that had come around the bend to help their gretchen buddies, but AGAIN Feel No Pain was huge for him and he stood his ground.  I totally forgot to challenge the darn leader.  My own Feel No Pain helped a little also to be fair.
The Lone Ravager hid around a building and snapfired, amazingly killing a biker from the Warlords unit that had just run the Sslyth away.  Pretty cool.  The Razorwing hit the same unit and the frigging Feel No Pains saved him as did my poor rolling.  I hgave to say, he was very lucky.  he got out of the whole round of shooting losing maybe one biker total.
The BeastPack retreated again, scoring objective and generally being annoying.
The Venoms fired down on the Gretchen and utterly failed to do a thing to them.
The shooting could not have gone worse.

The second unit of gretchen moved and ran towards the Gretchen I had been firing down on to help camp the Objective #1, and Buizzgob backed up to give everyone fearlessness while the Warlord forged forward to chase down the Sslyth that was running away to get a Maelstrom point, and killed him on the charge.
Buzzgob positioned himself and fired at the Venoms, planting a hull point on one, killing the other and pinning the Kabalite Warriors that spilled out.  The Lootaz inside tried to contribute as well but didn't.
The Incubi remembered to challenge this time and I put a wound on the leader but the (now fearless) Gretchen charged in and between them and the orkz it was too much and the Incubi died but they did do damage that turn to the Gretchen and the Orks.

4.  The Ravager now free to fire normally zapped the Warlords unit.
The Ravenwing and Venom were going to fire down on the second Warlord and the Warriors were going to go contest Objective #1.  In the end, there was no winning for the orks, as they simply had no more mobility or way to get to the Relic, nor overcome the Maelstrom advantage the Dark Eldar had built up, and so the orks conceded.  It was a VERY bloody game though and the Orks took it to the Dark Eldar something fierce.  Had we played  it out his Buzzgob would have ended the game untouched and would have obliterated enough to be satisfying in the extreme but not enough to actually win.

I think there could have been an outside shot for him to TIE the Relic.  Heres how:  if the game went to extra innings, he might have had enough time to kill the Beastpack.  It was an outside chance given scatter of ork weaponry and my own spread, but still a chance.  Unfortunately he would ALSO have to kill the AV 11 Ravager which means splitting his shots, but possible?  Absolutely.  He had the range.  it would have just come down to line of sight, some luck and my 4+ cover saves (going to ground).
Back to top Go down
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/

Dark Eldar battle Reports
Page 1 of 1