THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

8e - Fight Phase

Go down 
+19
CurstAlchemist
Devilogical
Barrywise
Painjunky
|Meavar
CombatDrugs4Life
Tounguekutter
Creeping Darkness
BetrayTheWorld
Anarchistscourge
Eldur
TeenageAngst
Imateria
Skulnbonz
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Logan Frost
amishprn86
Count Adhemar
The Red King
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

8e - Fight Phase - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Fight Phase   8e - Fight Phase - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 03 2017, 09:47

I agree mandrakes will probably get 3+ as well since they are supposed to be a melee unit even if they are not at the moment.

I actually think that most homunculus units will get to hit 4+ (including grotesques) since they are big brutes, not perfectly trained warriors. Talos might be 4+ or 3+.

So we will have wyches (and bloodbrides?) against low t, incubi against high armour, grotesques against high t, wracks to take punches. Talos for big things (probably good against high t high wound models), hellions and reavers as high speed, not sure how they will make them really different.

Kabalites, hopefully trueborn and scourges will be the shooty units.

I hope we often get our punch in 1 turn with massed charges hitting first and obliterate so much enemies that they will have a hard time to kill us the next turn. But if we fail those charges we will be weak enough that we will suffer much. Back to being a true glass cannon instead of a glass dagger. Big rewards if you play correctly but big problems if you make mistakes.

@teenageangst I think the fluff will be less to your liking, but I think most things will be possible to play still, since they also try to make rules for all the other models I think they try to make nearly everything possible, maybe just less effective. So I think while you might have to change the fluff a little bit (play ynnari and say they get the power from the suffering of those dying around them instead for instance), but most things will still be possible. But same as with the old netlists, it might be that your army is less effective than before. But hopefully there will be a better balance now which means more things will be viable. Yes you will have a advantage if you go for a single factions, on the other hand you also can do less cherry picking of different units so it might be a good balance, and I like that it is now not worse and possibly even better to have a coherent army instead of a cherry picking of the best units from different books.

Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Fight Phase   8e - Fight Phase - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 03 2017, 09:57

I can almost guarantee the new fluff will be Hurricane Katrina levels of disastrous. I'll only play Ynnari in tournament settings because all fluff goes out the window the moment money is on the line, but in casual play, forget it. The entire faction is a dog that needs to be put down.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Fight Phase   8e - Fight Phase - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 03 2017, 11:04

I can see the Dark Eldar coordinated assault (everyone charging at every enemy unit at the dame time) as almost mandatory to secure a win. I hope we get the speed and/or tools to do so. Plz GW.

Edit: Oh, and also give us the abilities , weapons and troops to mess up the enemy plans. I'd love that.

Hellions should be the cheap harassers, BTW

Eldur project log for Dark Eldar and Eldar
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Fight Phase   8e - Fight Phase - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 03 2017, 20:40

This needs tons of clarification but it seems ppl will be very careful not to bunch up their units.

That could be good for us if our CC units (wyches, hellions, beasts) do not suck soo bad.
They will need alot of work.
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Fight Phase   8e - Fight Phase - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 05 2017, 00:05

Forgive me if I'm wrong but with these rules, tactically, gun lines are going to need to be super smart about their unit placements. Even if you have a spaghetti string of a unit trying to bubble wrap the rest of your units, if I manage to blow a hole in your line, I can charge through the gap, tying up the units behind and the unit that was trying to bubble. Let's say, for this example, 3 units are tied up. Assuming none of the units died, the gun line player will then fall back the two killy units leaving the bubble wrap to slowly 3" move trickle in. (Insert Morale Penalties). So you will have had the chance to kill the Killy units or partially damage them, kill the bubble wrap and you've wasted 1 turn of the shooty as they fall back for safety.

Also, if it was a 1 on 1 situation and the enemy falls back the 6 inches or whatever it is, assuming the unit doesn't get blown away, what's stopping us from chasing them down and going right back into mêlée?

Lastly, webway gates, assuming there's room. Can we just pop up in the middle of a gun line and be positioned perfectly between two so we can charge both?

Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Fight Phase   8e - Fight Phase - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 05 2017, 08:39

Space marine: How it`s feel, to strike back AFTER gretchin in close combat, little harlequin?

Clown: F`ck you man!

Lilith: Yeah, cut it out!

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Fight Phase   8e - Fight Phase - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 05 2017, 08:59

Devilogical wrote:
Space marine: How it`s feel, to strike back AFTER gretchin in close combat, little harlequin?

Clown: F`ck you man!

Lilith: Yeah, cut it out!

I cant wait to test Harlequins out honestly.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Fight Phase   8e - Fight Phase - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 06 2017, 16:20

It`s should be little salty here.
GW says they want to refresh close combat, make it good and realy powerful for cc armies. But as my old friend says: doesn`t anyone see, that they in fact destroy cc for sure? There already some `tactics` that includes `Rino` and bunch of troops, that will prevent your whole blob of fighters from engaging. Or that stupid stuff with kroots. Realy annoying.

I have almost entirely cc army and for now i was kinda in the middle. Sometimes it was good, sometimes not. But for now i can feel only dissapointment.
Thankfully guy in our club says that morale phase from AoS is realy cool so i don`t have to worry about it.
Yet this edition doesn`t feel like best of all time...

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Fight Phase   8e - Fight Phase - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 06 2017, 16:37

Well I cannot justify getting salty until I actually have the information to try and determine what the game will actually be like to play. These tiny glimpses don't give us enough information to really see how our factions will actually operate so I can't really cry out in rage for my melee oriented Archons and Succubi (Sorry guys I'm a gunboat Archon myself) as I just don't have the whole picture. We are looking at what is most likely just the hand (or part of it) of an entire body of work that includes the base rules in their entirety, codex specific rules with command point abilities, and unit stats and abilities (I feel like I'm missing something in here).

At this point, the only answer I currently have is 42 and I have no idea what the actual question being answered is.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Fight Phase   8e - Fight Phase - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 07 2017, 03:04

TeenageAngst wrote:
I can almost guarantee the new fluff will be Hurricane Katrina levels of disastrous. I'll only play Ynnari in tournament settings because all fluff goes out the window the moment money is on the line, but in casual play, forget it. The entire faction is a dog that needs to be put down.

Where is money on the line??? Are you saying there are events with cash prizes?

Yneead has been a thing planned in the lore for some time - it's not new. It's completely your choice to not like it but I just don't get your vitriol and rage against the faction

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Fight Phase   8e - Fight Phase - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 07 2017, 06:55

Quote :

Literally every tournament I go to has either store credit or cash prizes. De-La-War had insane prize support.

Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Fight Phase   8e - Fight Phase - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 07 2017, 08:56

TeenageAngst wrote:
Quote :

Literally every tournament I go to has either store credit or cash prizes. De-La-War had insane prize support.

Fair enough - I have been to plenty of events around the world (including the US) and have never seen a cash prize on the line. Prize support happens more and most of the time I have seen a box or 2, maybe an army box. Hardly worth what something like Magic does for its events

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Fight Phase   8e - Fight Phase - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 07 2017, 13:33

Massaen wrote:
TeenageAngst wrote:
Quote :

Fair enough - I have been to plenty of events around the world (including the US) and have never seen a cash prize on the line. Prize support happens more and most of the time I have seen a box or 2, maybe an army box. Hardly worth what something like Magic does for its events

I've never seen a wargame event offer cash. Being told it's happening somewhere makes me sad - I think playing for money changes the nature of the game, and not for the better, with Magic being the relevant cautionary tale.

I hope that isn't becoming a thing. I spend enough time yelling at people to get off my space lawn as it is.

Back to top Go down
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Fight Phase   8e - Fight Phase - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 07 2017, 15:45

A minor prize like a start collecting box or a gift card is fine. Big prize money will always bring the douches out of the woodwork and suck the fun out of any event.
The people trespassing on my space lawn are the worst. I feel your pain.

BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Fight Phase   8e - Fight Phase - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 07 2017, 18:29

I think a cash prize for an invitational would be OK. Then you could use other tournaments with normal prize support for satalites/qualifiers for the invitational and it would probably mitigate a lot of the douchebaggery by making the cash prize invitational tournament a very long shot.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Fight Phase   8e - Fight Phase - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 08 2017, 10:24

Or the douchebag Faction would attend the "normal" tournaments to get the invitation and ruin the fun for everyone.

Sure enough, the douchebag money tournament would be filled with mostly those guys but that's not worth it.

Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Fight Phase   8e - Fight Phase - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 08 2017, 15:18

And people wonder why I complain about my local circuit lol

Back to top Go down
urden93
Kabalite Warrior
urden93

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Fight Phase   8e - Fight Phase - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 09 2017, 16:04

im afraid of powerfists swinging before agile and fast wyches or basically any eldar got a chance to kill it, i mean our CC units arent tough enough to take it, for me it always was eliminate most of the modells at my Init and not getting rekt by superior Str by basically any other modell
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Fight Phase   8e - Fight Phase - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 09 2017, 16:51

Yeah, I'm afraid of 8th being the age of the power fist too. Curious to see how they'll balance it, if at all. They could easily still make power fists strike last.

I guess it's probably more concerning that it will be the age of space marines, where power sword space marines still strike before everyone else, despite space elves supposedly being faster.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Fight Phase   8e - Fight Phase - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 09 2017, 17:41

Or PF will have the Keyword "Last Strike" and always goes last, also Some units might have "First Strike" and always goes first. We need to wait to see the details Smile

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Fight Phase   8e - Fight Phase - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 10 2017, 00:11

I know a certain wych who could be befitting of the Always Strikes First rule... and an Attacks characteristic that goes above 10.

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Fight Phase   8e - Fight Phase - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8e - Fight Phase
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2