THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

4000 points Ultramarines vs The Kabal of the Blood Shedders

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dodo_Night
Kabalite Warrior
Dodo_Night

4000 points Ultramarines vs The Kabal of the Blood Shedders Empty
PostSubject: 4000 points Ultramarines vs The Kabal of the Blood Shedders   4000 points Ultramarines vs The Kabal of the Blood Shedders I_icon_minitimeTue May 30 2017, 15:52

Greetings all!  I had a 4000 points maelstrom of war cleanse and control mission against a ultramarines force.  I used almost everything I had in my collection and is divided into two realspace raider detachments.  The first 2000 points RRD was made with the help of the dark city so I could finally take it in to action!  the second RRD I had to use what I had and was a little rushed to make the list and have it ready but I think overall it worked well.  Here are the lists: 

HQ:  

Librarian- terminator armour storm shield  

Chaplain- terminator armour  

Roboute guilliman 

Elites: 
 Strenguard: 4 combi melta 1 melta gun 
Drop pod locator beacon 

Sternguard: 10 men 2 flamers 10 storm shields 

drop pod locator beacon  

Terminator squad: 10 men 1 heavy flamer 1 assault cannon  

Terminator assault squad: 1 thunder hammer storm shield  

Iron clad dreadnought: 2 heavy flamers ironclad assault launchers  

Troops:  

Tactical squad: 10 men 1 flamer 

rhino  

Tactical squad: 10men 1 flamer  

rhino  

Tactical squad: 10 men 1 multi melta 1 melta gun 

razor back  

Tactical squad: 10 men 1 missile launcher 1 plasma  

razor back  

Fast attack:  

Assault Squad: 10men 1power sword 2 flamers jump packs (skyhammer annihilation)  

Assault squad: 10 men 2 flamers jump packs (skyhammer annihilation) 

Storm talon: cyclone missile launcher (storm wing)  

Storm talon: Cyclone missile launcher (storm wing)  

Heavy support: 

Devastator squad: 10 men 2 plasma cannons 2 heavy bolters 

drop pod locator beacon (skyhammer)  

Devastator squad: 10 men 4 missile launchers  

drop pod locator beacon (skyhammer)  

Storm raven: las cannon hurricane bolter sponsors (storm wing) 

[img]4000 points Ultramarines vs The Kabal of the Blood Shedders WP_20170507_002_zpszjw7iwlm[/img]

[img]4000 points Ultramarines vs The Kabal of the Blood Shedders WP_20170507_001_zpsifyoh1sz[/img]

[img]4000 points Ultramarines vs The Kabal of the Blood Shedders WP_20170507_003_zpsfoxlnzjh[/img]

[img]4000 points Ultramarines vs The Kabal of the Blood Shedders WP_20170507_004_zpsd5gw8kti[/img]

[img]4000 points Ultramarines vs The Kabal of the Blood Shedders WP_20170507_005_zpslx57bltb[/img]

HQ  

Archon Valcron Dextorius  
huskblade , shadow field, soul trap.  

Elite  

Klaivex Xun Lu's incubi squad (5)  

Venom  
Splinter cannon   

Archon's bodyguard incubi squad (4)   

Venom 
Splinter cannon   

Troops  

Luvexi's kabalite squad 1 (5)   

Venom   
Splinter cannon 

Luvexi's kabalite squad 2 (5)  

Venom  
Splinter cannon   

Luvexi's kabalite squad 3 (5)  

Venom   
 Splinter cannon 

Luvexi's kabalite squad 4(5)   

Venom   
 Splinter cannon  

Fast attack  

Razorwing jetfighter 
 2 dark lances, night shields   

Razorwing jetfighter 

Razorwing jetfighter 

The haywire scourge pack (5)   
 4 haywire blasters +40 points  

The haywire scourge pack 2 (5)  
4 haywire blasters 

Heavy support  

Ravager  
 3 dark lances, night shields   

Ravager  
 3 dark lances, night shields   

Reaper   
 night shields  

Overall cost:  2000 points  

HQ  

Drazhar 

Elites  

Incubi (6)   

Raider   
dark lance, night shields  

Mandrakes basic cost (9):  108 points  

Troops  

Dextra wych cult (10)   
Hekatrix, agonsier, hydra gauntlets, shardnet + impaler   

Raider   

Salix wych cult (10)   
 Hekatrix, agonsier 

Raider  

Raider squad 1 (10) 
 sybarite, haywire grenade, blaster, splinter cannon 

Raider   
dark lance, night shields, splinter racks  

Raider squad 2 (10) 
 sybarite, haywire grenade, blaster, splinter cannon 

Raider   
dark lance, night shields, splinter racks  

Kabalite slavers (20)   
sybarite, haywire grenade,  2 splinter cannon, 2 shredders  

Fast attack  

Beastmaster  
Agoniser  
Khymera (3)   

Heavy support  

Talos murder pack (3)  

Overall 1993  

[img]4000 points Ultramarines vs The Kabal of the Blood Shedders WP_20170507_008_zpsqn7e8mpy[/img]

[img]4000 points Ultramarines vs The Kabal of the Blood Shedders 766d5b0b-01c5-4ac1-a85b-826a899285d0_zpshbndioi4[/img]

So, almost everything in my force is in a transport and everything that can have night shields has them.  My opponent deployed first with a tactical squad in the back, rhinos and razorbacks.  And of course guilliman himself.  Everything else was in reserve ready to drop pod in and deep strike in. 
I deployed and made sure there was no place for a drop pod to land in my lines.  we used the tactical escalation cards for this match.

I took some photos throughout this match but later on forgot to until much later. i will try to post pictures in the relevant places. Next up, the battle report itself!

Kabalite Warrior
Dodo_Night

PostSubject: Re: 4000 points Ultramarines vs The Kabal of the Blood Shedders   4000 points Ultramarines vs The Kabal of the Blood Shedders I_icon_minitimeWed May 31 2017, 11:45

4000 points Ultramarines vs The Kabal of the Blood Shedders <a href=4000 points Ultramarines vs The Kabal of the Blood Shedders WP_20170507_006_zpspgvioy0e" />

Turn 1 ultramarines 
Two drop pods come in and deploy sternguard.  The bigger squad divide in to combat squads readt to deal bolter and flamer death.  Everything else moves up except for a tac squad that has combat squaded to stay on two objectives. 
The meltagun sternguard shoot at my raider with drazhar and incubi in.  They succeed in getting a single pen and blow it up!  first blood to ultramarines.  bolters and flamers in to my 20 man squad kill 9 or 11 of them and they start to fall back.  no assaults are made and the ultramarines score secure field for 2 points and no mercy for 1 point. 

4000 points Ultramarines vs The Kabal of the Blood Shedders <a href=4000 points Ultramarines vs The Kabal of the Blood Shedders WP_20170507_010_zpsn8zeuwau" />

4000 points Ultramarines vs The Kabal of the Blood Shedders <a href=4000 points Ultramarines vs The Kabal of the Blood Shedders WP_20170507_011_zpsxmyd9gvo" />

Turn 1 Dark Eldar 

My plan here is to kill his stuff that comes in as they come on.  My talo start heading towards guilliman (silly I know but I have never faced him and I wanted to see just how sepic the guy can be) and take splinter cannon shots at him for no wounds.  the surviving incubi and drazhar move up ready to annihilate the meltagun sternguard and I deploy another incubi squad and a 5 man kabalite squad .ready to charge the flamer sternguard.  Some movement of raiders and venoms with ravagers moving up abit.  I also deployed wyches (ones with just hekatrix and agoniser) to kill the other half of the combat squad sternguard.  The other wych raider I hide in the warehouse on top of an objective. 

Essentially, between shooting and assault the sternguard are wiped out and I destroy one drop pod.  I score area control 1 point. 

Turn 2 ultramarines 

4000 points Ultramarines vs The Kabal of the Blood Shedders <a href=4000 points Ultramarines vs The Kabal of the Blood Shedders WP_20170507_012_zpsydbiqdft" />

A lot of his reserves comes on except for librarian, chaplain and the 10 man terminator squad (all in one squad).  the assault terminators are deployed from the stormraven and the devastators deploy from the drop pods in to the buildings.  one assault marine squad goes in to combat squads.  the ironclad dread deploys too.  the rhinos and razorbacks deploy some of their squads, one onto a ruin with a good line of sight on my ravager and talos, the other right in front of them in to combat squads.  two drop pods come in and deploy 2 devastator squads in opposite ruins.  one combat squads so 5 marines are on the ground floor. 

A lot of things happen in the shooting phase.  a lot of jinking and a ravager is blown up.  I believe the wych squad is wiped out in shooting and some shooting drop a few more incubi as well as the 5 kabalite squad I deployed to assault marine flamers.  The devastators have relentless this turn and can prevent overwatch on anything they shoot this turn(or something like that) so take shots at my talos.  I lost 2 khymera to bolt pistols xD and the archon's venom is blown up and I lose 3 incubi. 

The comabt squad assualt marines charge my beastmaster unit and flamer combat assault mairne squad fail charge.  1 khymera dies but are otherwise locked in combat. 

The ultramarines score careful timing for 1 point 

4000 points Ultramarines vs The Kabal of the Blood Shedders <a href=4000 points Ultramarines vs The Kabal of the Blood Shedders WP_20170507_013_zpsvkgaexoq" />

Turn 2 Dark Eldar 

I roll reserves and 1 razorwing comes on as well as two scourges.  For me,  this is major as for the first time I will actually get to fire my razorwing!   it moves 18 to ready missiles at the assault marine blob.  as for scourges, I deploy one ready to fire on the ironclad as it a huge threat that could rampage through my stuff.  The second one in hindsight I should have deployed at the ruins ready to take on the flyers if they hover but I deployed in the backfield behind a razorback as its heavy bolter was annoying my ravager.  my talos continue to move up and have a choice of multi charging the deployed marines or going for guilliman.  As I wanted to see what he was like, I shoot and charge guilliman.   
I move the wych raider and deploy ready to take on what survives of the assault marine 10 man unit. 
1 monosythe scatters on to my units and kills 1 scourge and 3 wyches.  two are on the mark and kill 7 marines. 

I move a venom to on top of the ruins with devastators in my lines and 1 raider with kabalites to in line of sight of devastators in opposite ruin.  I deploy venom kabaltes thinking a charge might lock them up to prevent them form shooting.  it does not end well xD   

Various shooting from venoms and kabalites takes models from various units. 

guilliman goes first, gets 1 D hit which kills a talos and his other hits reduce my other two to one wound.  I strike back and deal...one wound.  oh my. 

Shooting at assault terminators reduces them in size. And charge with drazhar and remaining incubi in his unit.  Drazhar and co take some of them down but the rest of the incubi die in the retaliation. 
A kabalite raider moves to in line of sight of devastators and takes the two they can see down.  various firepower takes down the rest. 

The wyches charge what's left of the assault marines and finished them off 

Finally, my 3 incubi who got flamed charge the assault combat squad fighting the beastmaster and manage to rescue him by wiping the marines out. 

Prioritize armoured targets 1 point.

Kabalite Warrior
Dodo_Night

PostSubject: Re: 4000 points Ultramarines vs The Kabal of the Blood Shedders   4000 points Ultramarines vs The Kabal of the Blood Shedders I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 02 2017, 15:17

[img]4000 points Ultramarines vs The Kabal of the Blood Shedders WP_20170507_014_zpsvrsnysll[/img]

Turn 3    ultramarines 
Librarian and terminators come in as well as squad of 5 terminators.  None mis scatter thanks to locator beacons on drop pods. The combat squad marines from the devastators assaulted the ravager and killed it.  It had dodged and absorbed a lot of firepower over the game.  Rhino went through warehouse, deployed a tactical squad and kiled wyches on objective. 
A lot more firepower at various raiders and venoms with about half of them jinking.  One raider with kabalites gets stunned.  More kabalites on the ground die and the last of the 20 man squad falls off the board.  firepower on my right hand side take down two more incubi leaving 3 venoms (one with 5 kabalites in), the reaper, a single kabalite, a beastmaster and an incubi on that side of the board. 

Gulliman finishes off the talos in this turn 
Secure objective 5, 1 point 

Turn 3 DE 
2 razorwings come in, monsythes in to terminators (does nothing), monosythes in to tacticals near talos (wiped them out).  my other razorwing goes of the board. 
Mandrakes come in, shoot devastators and assault.   my kabalite raider moves up the ruins to get a line of sight on the storm raven and my second kabalite raider moves in haywire grenade range as well.  firing every raider dark lance, kabalite haywire, kabalite blaster and the reaper's main weapon, I take down the storm raven! .  I forgot to move my archon but have him charge the assault terminators in an attemt to rescue drazhar.  my venoms and kabalites kill the second combat squad assault marines. 

Let them bleed 1 point 
Drive them back 3 points 

[img]4000 points Ultramarines vs The Kabal of the Blood Shedders WP_20170507_015_zpsjp0q1vox[/img]

[img]4000 points Ultramarines vs The Kabal of the Blood Shedders WP_20170507_017_zps1zmbdfuu[/img]

Turn 4  ultra 
Gulliman and co move up and he headshots a venom pilot!  he shows the boys in blue how it is supposed to be done xD  the lib terminators charge in to combat with drazhar and the archon who are still locked with the last two assault terminators.  drazhar finally succumbs. 
The rhino with the tac squad I it moves through the warehouse, deploys and shoots my remaining wyches off of the objective (their card was hold it consecutively which they fail here.  I should have put a raider or venom on it). 

Storm objective 4, 3 points 
Disrupt command 2+2 points 
Secure objective 4 1 point 

Turn 4 DE 

By this point it was late and I didn’t have to do anything to score my tactical objectives so we just did the many many terminators vs archon and he finally rolled a 1 and died!  I did take his librarian with me though. 

Primary orders 1 point 
Secure objective 3 1 point 
Defend objective 2, 2 points 

Ultramarines 
First blood 
Slay the warlord 
Linebreaker 

Overall points:  16 

DE 
Linebreaker 

Overall points:  11 

The Dead Pile

[img]4000 points Ultramarines vs The Kabal of the Blood Shedders WP_20170507_016_zpsvps27x1g[/img]

[img]4000 points Ultramarines vs The Kabal of the Blood Shedders WP_20170507_018_zpslkwe2wuu[/img]

(minus some venoms and raiders that died as they are wreckage on the board)

Summary: 

So what did I do right, what did I do wrong and what could I have done differently? 
Castling to prevent drop pods from essentially wrecking havoc was the right move and honestly the only two things I could have done differently was multi charge the tactical squads instead of guilliman (preventing them from getting in the rhino and killing my wyches for MANY points) and having my second scourge squad ready to take on the stormraven or stormtalons instead of dropping them in the back field with no support.  Lastly, I could have had drazhar's raider kept in reserve to counter punch the many many terminator squads.  I got unlucky in that their raider got blown up but that is what happens when you dodge 3 out of 4 meltaguns! 

As for my army overall, it dodged A LOT of firepower.  essentially his stormraven and stormtalons did very little except drop off assault terminators and dreadnought and made a few venoms and raiders jink.  I lost the occasional raider and venom throughout the game but it was mostly any infantry models on the board that died.  and with the death of the talos and most of the incubi, I had no answer for the big terminator squad. 

Tell me what you guys think and if i should get lots and lots of reaver jetbikes. heat lances and cluster caltrops sound nice ^^

PostSubject: Re: 4000 points Ultramarines vs The Kabal of the Blood Shedders   4000 points Ultramarines vs The Kabal of the Blood Shedders I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4000 points Ultramarines vs The Kabal of the Blood Shedders
Page 1 of 1