THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar point sheets preview:

Go down 
+20
|Meavar
TeenageAngst
Kantalla
dumpeal
Eldur
CptMetal
Keast Kannegaard
Scrz
Cherrycoke
mrmagoo
CurstAlchemist
Sarkesian
Dark Elf Dave
nerdelemental
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Logan Frost
amishprn86
mynamelegend
doriii
Skulnbonz
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

Dark Eldar point sheets preview: Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar point sheets preview:   Dark Eldar point sheets preview: I_icon_minitimeTue May 30 2017, 16:47

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/30/new-warhammer-40000-choosing-your-army-may30gw-homepage-post-4/

Wow, our vehicles cost quite a bit!
Looks like Dark lance is still an upgrade, and shock prows seem an auto include- wonder what they do?

doriii
Sybarite
doriii

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar point sheets preview:   Dark Eldar point sheets preview: I_icon_minitimeTue May 30 2017, 16:51

95 for a raider and about 170 for a naked bomber....

hq is cheap though
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar point sheets preview:   Dark Eldar point sheets preview: I_icon_minitimeTue May 30 2017, 17:00

our 10 point lahmeans are gone. A stock one is 32 points!

mynamelegend
Kabalite Warrior
mynamelegend

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar point sheets preview:   Dark Eldar point sheets preview: I_icon_minitimeTue May 30 2017, 17:21

While our vehicles are more pricey, do note that general unit upgrades are apparently way cheaper. Blaster, splinter cannon, agoniser, and phantasm grenade launcher for 37 points? Yesterday that list of upgrades would've run us 70.
Huskblade, blast pistol, and phantasm launcher for 23? A fair sight better than 55 points for the same setup.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar point sheets preview:   Dark Eldar point sheets preview: I_icon_minitimeTue May 30 2017, 17:21

If i take that same list in 7th ed it is 988pts. Only a 9pt difference

Looking at Tyranids leak, some times are 0pts like Scything Talons, Rending Claws and some others that were basic gear on everything, DE might be the same for some things.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k

Last edited by amishprn86 on Tue May 30 2017, 17:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar point sheets preview:   Dark Eldar point sheets preview: I_icon_minitimeTue May 30 2017, 17:28

I guess the 0pt items are the equivalent of this edition 'replace item for free'.
Back to top Go down
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar point sheets preview:   Dark Eldar point sheets preview: I_icon_minitimeTue May 30 2017, 17:32

Looks like kabalites can take an agonizer without a sybarite.

nerdelemental
Kabalite Warrior
nerdelemental

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar point sheets preview:   Dark Eldar point sheets preview: I_icon_minitimeTue May 30 2017, 17:36

I am 100% on board with a general shift down in points for grunts and a general shift up for vehicles.
The local meta is ridiculous for vehicles. There's almost no point in buying dudes. Which could be fine, but then it's a vehicular wargame and I'm very tired of Grey Knights and super beefy terminators everywhere.
I own two Wraithknights and I'm *happy* for it to find balance (assuming it did). And everything else. I just want to field my DE without an incredible uphill battle and I want to field my Eldar Wraiths (chosen because I love the aesthetic and story behind them) without everyone accusing me of maxing out.
I either play the weakest army with no mercy or the strongest army and have to show mercy (in the build).
I see some balance already.
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar point sheets preview:   Dark Eldar point sheets preview: I_icon_minitimeTue May 30 2017, 17:37

The sybarite is probably auto included in the basic squad, as seen in the other army datasheets.
Back to top Go down
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar point sheets preview:   Dark Eldar point sheets preview: I_icon_minitimeTue May 30 2017, 17:40

The list example looks like it would be less than optimal, though. Agonisers on kabalites and shock prow on the raiders sounds like a waste of points in a primarily shooty list.

Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar point sheets preview:   Dark Eldar point sheets preview: I_icon_minitimeTue May 30 2017, 17:42

Hen Tai, the tentacle guy wrote:
The list example looks like it would be less than optimal, though. Agonisers on kabalites and shock prow on the raiders sounds like a waste of points in a primarily shooty list.

Agreed. The very first thing that jumped out at me was "Why are they taking hand to hand stuff on an army that is clearly shooting based?"
Drop the arcon, all the HTH upgrades and fit some more shooty in there!

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar point sheets preview:   Dark Eldar point sheets preview: I_icon_minitimeTue May 30 2017, 17:54

Maybe b.c they wanted too  Smile   "We have an HQ choice, a mix of units kitted out to deal with both Infantry and Vehicles, Transports and a Flyer to back them up. The points for each model, gun and item of equipment add up to give the army’s total cost in points."

Edit: But we dont know what the PGL does yet either, it might be good.

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar point sheets preview:   Dark Eldar point sheets preview: I_icon_minitimeTue May 30 2017, 17:58

"This is especially true of Drukhari ones, which can now not only ram enemy units but fly out of combat and still shoot you!"

So it looks like our vehicles cant be locked in combat, it also might be the Shock Prow upgrade and thats why its on all vehicles.

Back to top Go down
Dark Elf Dave
Wych
Dark Elf Dave

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar point sheets preview:   Dark Eldar point sheets preview: I_icon_minitimeTue May 30 2017, 18:02

As long the general stat line for warriors is the same that we are used to (3+ BS and WS) then the points seem fair. Infantry are cheaper, vehicles more expensive...the examples that they have shown actually make a warrior squad in a raider 7 points cheaper than in 7th assuming you have taken a Sybarite. The Archon is a lot cheaper, which is great because in 8th it looks like you're going to need 2xHQ and I've never been fond of taking any of our HQ for the points.
Back to top Go down
Sarkesian
Kabalite Warrior
Sarkesian

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar point sheets preview:   Dark Eldar point sheets preview: I_icon_minitimeTue May 30 2017, 18:11

amishprn86 wrote:
"This is especially true of Drukhari ones, which can now not only ram enemy units but fly out of combat and still shoot you!"

So it looks like our vehicles cant be locked in combat, it also might be the Shock Prow upgrade and thats why its on all vehicles.

It was already leaked that units with the Fly special rule can shoot after falling back out of combat. Assuming Hellions and Reavers have the Fly special rule, they can fall back and shoot and charge back in. I think this makes them very versatile. Can't wait to see their rules!

EDIT: Hellions and Reavers would of course have to wait til the next turn to see if they can charge in as you can't fall back and charge in the same turn.

Last edited by Sarkesian on Tue May 30 2017, 18:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar point sheets preview:   Dark Eldar point sheets preview: I_icon_minitimeTue May 30 2017, 18:12

Hmm, a shooty army with shock prows and not a single splinter rack in sight. Splinter racks gone or are they just choosing to ignored them for the shock prow in the example because of charging raiders?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar point sheets preview:   Dark Eldar point sheets preview: I_icon_minitimeTue May 30 2017, 18:15

Sarkesian wrote:
amishprn86 wrote:

It was already leaked that units with the Fly special rule can shoot after falling back out of combat. Assuming Hellions and Reavers have the Fly special rule, they can fall back and shoot and charge back in. I think this makes them very versatile. Can't wait to see their rules!

EDIT: Hellions and Reavers would of course have to wait til the next turn to see if they can charge in as you can't fall back and charge in the same turn.

Missed that sorry

CurstAlchemist wrote:
Hmm, a shooty army with shock prows and not a single splinter rack in sight. Splinter racks gone or are they just choosing to ignored them for the shock prow in the example because of charging raiders?

Yeah, i'm wondering too

Back to top Go down
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar point sheets preview:   Dark Eldar point sheets preview: I_icon_minitimeTue May 30 2017, 18:15

Could be that the agoniser is a method for the raider to gain attacks inn cc without disembarking the kabalites?

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar point sheets preview:   Dark Eldar point sheets preview: I_icon_minitimeTue May 30 2017, 18:17

Via facebook "Warhammer 40,000 All models come with a standard weapon, and those are covered in the points cost of the base model."

Could be that the agoniser is a method for the raider to gain attacks inn cc without disembarking the kabalites?

Nah they just wanted some CC

Back to top Go down
Dark Elf Dave
Wych
Dark Elf Dave

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar point sheets preview:   Dark Eldar point sheets preview: I_icon_minitimeTue May 30 2017, 18:21

There were no haywire grenades in sight either
Back to top Go down
Sarkesian
Kabalite Warrior
Sarkesian

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar point sheets preview:   Dark Eldar point sheets preview: I_icon_minitimeTue May 30 2017, 18:22

Dark Elf Dave wrote:
There were no haywire grenades in sight either

That's a good point. I'm curious as to how haywire acts this edition anyways. Maybe d3 damage to units with the Vehicle keyword?
Back to top Go down
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar point sheets preview:   Dark Eldar point sheets preview: I_icon_minitimeTue May 30 2017, 18:24

on first glance it looks like the dude behind the list went: "hey! It's a new edition! YOLO!"

Dark Elf Dave
Wych
Dark Elf Dave

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar point sheets preview:   Dark Eldar point sheets preview: I_icon_minitimeTue May 30 2017, 18:26

We don't have long to wait I know, but we seem to be one of the last to get a more detailed faction leak...just when I was expecting a few more rules to be leaked, we get this points values leak instead lol
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar point sheets preview:   Dark Eldar point sheets preview: I_icon_minitimeTue May 30 2017, 18:31

Haywire might be gone.... I havent seen it anywhere yet. (That doesnt mean it is just saying it might be)

on first glance it looks like the dude behind the list went: "hey! It's a new edition! YOLO!"

I think its more like he wanted every unit to Shoot and Melee.

Whats sad is they didnt show Incubi or Wychs in the "Normal" DE list ....

Back to top Go down
Dark Elf Dave
Wych
Dark Elf Dave

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar point sheets preview:   Dark Eldar point sheets preview: I_icon_minitimeTue May 30 2017, 18:34

They have found a place for Grav weapons so let's hope they have found a place for Haywire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar point sheets preview:   Dark Eldar point sheets preview: I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar point sheets preview:
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next