THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wracks change

Go down 
+10
Tounguekutter
|Meavar
TeenageAngst
Talos
TheBaconPope
CptMetal
Gherma
Archon_91
organicpesticide
Britishgrotesque
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Britishgrotesque
Hellion
Britishgrotesque

Wracks change Empty
PostSubject: Wracks change   Wracks change I_icon_minitimeWed May 31 2017, 19:09

Sorry if this has already been confirmed, I have been looking but no one seems to be discussing it.

As the leaks page is cut off on the top of the wracks datasheets, no one may have noticed, but it appears that they are now a troop choice.

Does this mean a full coven list is now easily doable? Also we now have a t4 (5 with a haemonculus nearby) assault troop choice with a 5+ invulnerability. Sorry if I'm wrong. Someone check it out and let me know if I'm just blind.
Back to top Go down
organicpesticide
Hellion
organicpesticide

Wracks change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wracks change   Wracks change I_icon_minitimeWed May 31 2017, 19:17

They also have access to 2x Ossefactors + 1x Hexrifle in a squad of 10. And since you can split fire now, you can do whatever.
Back to top Go down
Britishgrotesque
Hellion
Britishgrotesque

Wracks change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wracks change   Wracks change I_icon_minitimeWed May 31 2017, 20:22

I'm really looking forward to having 3 distinct flavours which we can mix and match with.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

Wracks change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wracks change   Wracks change I_icon_minitimeWed May 31 2017, 20:58

Britishgrotesque thank you! Very Happy that's my thoughts exactly ^.^
Back to top Go down
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

Wracks change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wracks change   Wracks change I_icon_minitimeWed May 31 2017, 21:25

Another "wracks related" important thing to notice is that coven raiders and venom get +1T too if an haemonculus is near

CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Wracks change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wracks change   Wracks change I_icon_minitimeWed May 31 2017, 21:29

what?? really??

Wych
TheBaconPope

Wracks change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wracks change   Wracks change I_icon_minitimeWed May 31 2017, 21:42

This is slightly tangential, forgive me.
But what are you all's opinions on the new Ossefactor mechanic? Mortal wounds were always nice, but I quite liked the previous rules..I always thought of it as our equivalent of grav (the tougher the target, the more damage potential)

Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

Wracks change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wracks change   Wracks change I_icon_minitimeWed May 31 2017, 21:45

CptMetal wrote:
what?? really??

Seems pretty weird but I read the rules many times and this seems perfectly correct. If the raider/venom is taken as transport of a coven unit it gets "coven" tag. Haemonculus gives +1T to all the "coven" units.

Talos
Kabalite Warrior
Talos

Wracks change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wracks change   Wracks change I_icon_minitimeWed May 31 2017, 22:10

wierd, but cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.olasart.se
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

Wracks change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wracks change   Wracks change I_icon_minitimeWed May 31 2017, 22:11

And suddenly "coven" becomes our "mark of Nurgle" o.o but I will say that is pretty awesome
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

Wracks change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wracks change   Wracks change I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01 2017, 01:26

Toughness is a pretty meaningless stat now so that buff isn't as good as you think. The Wych Cult one is better.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

Wracks change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wracks change   Wracks change I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01 2017, 11:31

t5>6 is quite big with the large amount of s5 (hbolters and tau) and s6 (eldar) I am seeing.

I cannot find where it mentions you have to be the same keyword as your transport?
It sounds strange but can you have a coven venom and have kabalites in it? I must be missing something.
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

Wracks change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wracks change   Wracks change I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01 2017, 18:31

Weird though it may be, it does make some sense that Haemonculi would invest in tougher transports to protect their precious works of art - until they can die in beautiful gore of melee combat.

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Dark Elf Dave
Wych
Dark Elf Dave

Wracks change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wracks change   Wracks change I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 06 2017, 20:54

I also noticed when looking at the data sheets that a haemonculous could potentially buff a venom or raider.

I just didn't think it would end up being correct.
Back to top Go down
4thDimensionWizard
Hellion
4thDimensionWizard

Wracks change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wracks change   Wracks change I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 07 2017, 06:00

TeenageAngst wrote:
Toughness is a pretty meaningless stat now so that buff isn't as good as you think. The Wych Cult one is better.

What is the wych cult one? Is there a kabal one?

Wych
CurstAlchemist

Wracks change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wracks change   Wracks change I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 07 2017, 06:53

Succubus, Brides of Death: "In the fight phase you can re-roll all hit rolls of 1 made for friendly <Wych Cult> units that are within 6" of the model."

Archon, Overlord: "All friendly <Kabal> units that are within 6" of the model can use its leadership instead of thier own."
Back to top Go down
Britishgrotesque
Hellion
Britishgrotesque

Wracks change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wracks change   Wracks change I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 08 2017, 07:19

I don't have enough wracks to test to see if they are viable as a stable troop choice. Has anyone tested this out yet?
Are they tough enough?
Too expensive?
Do their ranged weapon feel effective?
Back to top Go down
Dark Elf Dave
Wych
Dark Elf Dave

Wracks change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wracks change   Wracks change I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 08 2017, 09:47

Depends how you play the game really.

Wracks certainly won't work in a gunboat army...neither will Wyches for that matter. But they will work fine if you transport them in a raider and get into combat fast.

Wracks are very tough if you play them alongside a Haemonculous and I do plan to do that with mine. We need to take two HQ choices now so I think for me a Haemonculous is first pick alongside some Wracks who can use his buff.

Wracks are the most expensive troops we have but can end up being the cheapest squad after you add heavy/special weapons to the other troop choices.

I think they are all solid troop choices, all have their merits. It will mostly depend on how you like to play, who you are playing and which ones you like the look of the most!
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Wracks change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wracks change   Wracks change I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 09 2017, 01:47

Hellstrom has had a few games and is reporting groovy success with the wracks. Things might be looking up for us!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wracks change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wracks change   Wracks change I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wracks change
Page 1 of 1