THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Time for a change

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
shinkageryu
Slave

Time for a change  Empty
PostSubject: Time for a change    Time for a change  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09 2012, 21:16

Well to start out I started playing 40K back in 1996 and started out with the Wolves and haven't played anything else in all this time. Well after 16 years I am finally expiriencing some malasie and it's time for a change. I looked around at the local meta and there are very few raiders in the neighborhood, so I am thinking of hanging up my powered armor and bolter in exchange for a wychsuit and splinter pistol.

I want to build an arena army mainly Wyches bloodbrides, hellions Reavers and Beastmasters. Any advice would be welcome.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

Time for a change  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for a change    Time for a change  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09 2012, 21:27

Welcome to The Dark City shinkageryu!

I know you have probably heard this many times (as most Dark Eldar players like to rant on about it, arrogant folk that we are), but T3 and 5-6+ saves is a whole new ball game. It will take a while to get used to it, but it's well worth the wait as the clean sailing you'll experience after is unparalleled!

Cult armies can be quite tough to use. That being said Succubi, reavers and beast masters are fantastic choices and are all very strong this edition.

May your raids be bountiful and the pain exquisite. Very Happy

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
shinkageryu
Slave

Time for a change  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for a change    Time for a change  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10 2012, 22:27

Thanks for the advice, but as with life there are more questions. I have read over most of the battle reports and have seen some really solid builds including the insanity of 3 units of 9 Reavers, but being on a budget means that I am trying to get the best bang for the buck and I am looking at a Starter box, and a couple of Venoms to start along with a Succubus.

The other thing that I have been told is that the learning curve with the DE is murder, and that most likely coming in from the Wolves I would be tempted to quit and go back.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Time for a change  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for a change    Time for a change  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11 2012, 16:09

welcome to The Dark City!

DE arent has harsh a learning curve like many people say they are anymore, as the new codex gave them alot of flexibility. The difference is in the mindset. You cant just go forward without a plan like with other armies. You need to always have a set goal in mind, and work towards that goal every turn of the game. Whether its as complex as forcing the opponent into one table corner for table corner objectives at a tournament, or as simple as trying to table them. Every action must push you towards that goal.

That being said, any mistakes made trying to succeed at that goal could end up making you lose. Our army isnt forgiving as power armor armies, and every move must be dileberate. Itll take awhile to get, but the basic concepts are really easy to learn, hard to master.

As for army builds, your best bet is to start out with a starter box or two, transports for each squad (a raider does come in the starter box, but your need one more per box) and some ravagers. After that you can start moving your army towards the faction you like playing the most. There are a ton of advice and army lists out there and in this forum, but a good starter one is Here

If you have any more questions, post them here or on their appropiate thread, and it will be surely answered Razz

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
shinkageryu
Slave

Time for a change  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for a change    Time for a change  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09 2013, 03:57

So today was a bittersweet day, I went to the one local game store and traded in some of my old models that hadn't seen the light of day in A4 years for the start of my raiding force an Archon, the Battalion boxed set and a spare raider which gives me an HQ 2 troops an a minimal fast attack along with the codex. Like I said bittersweet in the fact there were some models that I had worked hard on, but at the same time, I have some ideas and Inam looking forward to the new challenges!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Time for a change  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for a change    Time for a change  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time for a change
Page 1 of 1