THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Fortifications and trueborn

Go down 
+4
Imateria
Count Adhemar
Von Snabel
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sybarite

Fortifications and trueborn Empty
PostSubject: Fortifications and trueborn   Fortifications and trueborn I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05 2017, 12:46

I've been looking a bit at fortifications. Not very lore friendly, but if you put a ten man squad with trueborn in a bastion, everyone can fire out of it, and the opponent will have to remove 20 wounds of the bastion to get to the trueborn. You can stick a lot of firepoeer in a 10 man squad of trueborn. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Von Snabel
Kabalite Warrior
Von Snabel

PostSubject: Re: Fortifications and trueborn   Fortifications and trueborn I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05 2017, 12:56

I guess Im bad and/or blind but where did you find the rules for the Bastion ?

And that sounds quite neat. Place 2 5 man units with 4 Dark Lances could be quite deadly. (or have I misread the upgrade restrictions of 2 DL per Trueborn unit ? )
Back to top Go down
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Fortifications and trueborn   Fortifications and trueborn I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05 2017, 13:00

Bastion is in at the end of imp index 2 i think. In the back. A day or two since I read trueborn rules but one would think that a ten man squad should be able to take the same amount of heavy and special weapons as two five man squads.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Fortifications and trueborn   Fortifications and trueborn I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05 2017, 13:07

It's up to 2 Splinter Cannon or Dark Lances and up to 4 Shredders (lol) or Blasters per unit. So a 5-man unit could take 2 DL's and 2 Blasters (the Dracon can't take one but I'd probably give him a PGL).

Last edited by Count Adhemar on Mon Jun 05 2017, 13:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Fortifications and trueborn   Fortifications and trueborn I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05 2017, 13:07

Hen Tai, the tentacle guy wrote:
Bastion is in at the end of imp index 2 i think. In the back. A day or two since I read trueborn rules but one would think that a ten man squad should be able to take the same amount of heavy and special weapons as two five man squads.
No, it's clear that most of the infantry was copy pasted out of the 7th ed codex, so you can still only take 4 special and 2 heavy weapons in Trueborn regardless of squad size.
Back to top Go down
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Fortifications and trueborn   Fortifications and trueborn I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05 2017, 13:09

Then two squads of trueborn in a bastion.
Back to top Go down
Von Snabel
Kabalite Warrior
Von Snabel

PostSubject: Re: Fortifications and trueborn   Fortifications and trueborn I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05 2017, 13:16

Lets face it, it's not that much different with 1 or 2 units. Seems like you can fiddle around with the detatchment so w/e.

But yeah, add some Quad-guns to the thing and you'll be rocking alot of damage. And as long as you glue some dead IG on the Bastion it's fluffy enough Wink
Back to top Go down
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Fortifications and trueborn   Fortifications and trueborn I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05 2017, 13:36

I would skip the gun upgrades. Most of them looked rather rubbish for their prize.
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Fortifications and trueborn   Fortifications and trueborn I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05 2017, 13:43

I think it's fluffy in that if we raid a world with competant defenders our trueborn would probably steal themselves a key enemy strong hold

Think blasters are worth it? Only 5 points less, half range and only d3 -3. I'd almost rather just stick to DL

Also, aren't scourge infantry now? We could pack 8 lances in
Back to top Go down
Von Snabel
Kabalite Warrior
Von Snabel

PostSubject: Re: Fortifications and trueborn   Fortifications and trueborn I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05 2017, 14:33

Blasters are really nice in vehicles, allowing you to move and shoot. But then blasters should be the mobile version of DL. If you want a stationary weapond DL is defenetly the way to go.

Good point, Scurges perhaps a better choice, and only 3ppm more than Trueborn base. And the Conversion possibilities for the Bastion is amazing aswell. Just add a Birds nest to the top with some sticks and you're good to go.
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Fortifications and trueborn   Fortifications and trueborn I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05 2017, 15:39

I was thinking a bunch of guardsmen on pikes like my scourges picked them up and dropped them haha

This is a great idea, will really help counter pesky knights. Thanks mr. Tai haha
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Fortifications and trueborn   Fortifications and trueborn I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05 2017, 16:15

While it would be cool to see a converted bastion I could also see it being fluffy to not announce that you have taken the bastion. The Dark Eldar fell upon them in surprise and killed the Garrison, the unsuspecting Imperial Guard unit is on their normal patrol rounds and approach the bastion believing it o be a friendly outpost when it opens fire on them, the trap is sprung and flocks of Scourges descend on their flanks (for an example).
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Fortifications and trueborn   Fortifications and trueborn I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05 2017, 16:35

Oh that would be pretty cool too! I guess it depends on your fluff. I was thinking it was part of battle within a hive city. So I imagined it had taken some pretty heavy fire

Edit: just took a closer look at the model. I think I'd do a melted/blasted gun emplacement, maybe a hole somewhere where my scourges entered. Leave he front door on since we don't need to walk and maybe one officer hung up
Back to top Go down
Hellstrom
Wych
Hellstrom

PostSubject: Re: Fortifications and trueborn   Fortifications and trueborn I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05 2017, 23:49

Just a note, you can't take multiple units in a building. You can take as many Chars as you like, but only 1 other unit. Special rule in all of the building descriptions.
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Fortifications and trueborn   Fortifications and trueborn I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 06 2017, 00:43

Aww that's too bad, good point tho
Back to top Go down
wormfromhell
Sybarite
wormfromhell

PostSubject: Re: Fortifications and trueborn   Fortifications and trueborn I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 06 2017, 07:36

Couldn't the enemy charge you in the building?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Fortifications and trueborn   Fortifications and trueborn I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 06 2017, 09:21

wormfromhell wrote:
Couldn't the enemy charge you in the building?

No, fortifications are vehicles and units are embarked on them so they can't be charged.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fortifications and trueborn   Fortifications and trueborn I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fortifications and trueborn
Page 1 of 1