THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Fortifications

Go down 
+7
amishprn86
Squidmaster
Archon_91
lcfr
Silverglade
masamune
merse24
11 posters
AuthorMessage
merse24
Kabalite Warrior
merse24

Fortifications Empty
PostSubject: Fortifications   Fortifications I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 28 2017, 22:41

After a previous topic, I decided to do read up on the fortifications, as I have completely ignored them so far in 8th. The biggest downside that I see is the 5+ BS. Most of the fortifications require you to take weapons, thus raising the point cost. Some of the weapons are REALLY good, but with such a low hit rate, it doesn't seem worth it.

One of the biggest positives I see from the fortifications is that the models inside can fire from any point of the model, not just from the fire points. If you have a model with a large footprint on the board, this is a good way to increase the threat range of your units!

As of right now, I'm actually considering using the Imperial Bunker. For a reasonable price, it could be a good way to protect a unit of DL Scourge from being wiped off of the board on T1. You'll most likely get 2 full rounds of shooting out of the scourge unit, which from my experience, doubles their production. Taking the Bastion might even get you another turn or two of shooting with the Scourge. In either scenario, if the enemy is trying to focus down the fortification, it is leaving our fast vehicles free to do what they want.

Another fortification to consider in my opinion, would be the Vortex Missile Aquila Strongpoint. The weapon has a huge range and does D6 shots. Each HIT is D6 mortal wounds. Downside obviously is the HUGE point cost.

I'm hoping to get some play testing in on these soon to see how they perform

Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

Fortifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fortifications   Fortifications I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29 2017, 01:52

Curious about this, I'll follow this thread

(+ customizing buildings DE style sounds great Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

Fortifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fortifications   Fortifications I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29 2017, 02:30

I`ve played the firestorm dedoubt to some success.

First time we didn`t realize that the 5+ BS applied even if you have guys inside (so it was REALLY effective at that point!!)

Vs. Flyers, the 5+ isn`t that bad since it has the +1 to hit fliers. If they don't take a flyer though, greatly reduced potential.

I`ve been meaning try try it with some dark reapers inside. Haven`t had the chance to do so yet though.
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

Fortifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fortifications   Fortifications I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29 2017, 02:31

Where are the rules for these fortifications?
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

Fortifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fortifications   Fortifications I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29 2017, 03:51

Hmm, an interesting idea ... It's to bad it doesn't use our 3+ ballistic skill
Back to top Go down
merse24
Kabalite Warrior
merse24

Fortifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fortifications   Fortifications I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29 2017, 05:10

Rules are in the imperium 2 index. The Fortress of Redpmtion rules are in the Dark Angels section of imperial 1 index
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Fortifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fortifications   Fortifications I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29 2017, 10:01

The Bastion was sort of meh, but I've found the Firestorm to be quite useful, especially when playing against fliers.
I especially love the Plasma Obliterator though. Just all sorts of firepowery goodness.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

Fortifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fortifications   Fortifications I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 01 2017, 18:41

Played a firestorm vs. a daemon army Friday. It rocked.

Flying monsterous creatures are not "hard to hit" so the firestorm now hits on 4+.

It would also get this vs. skimmers etc, so likely good. And it did a great job protecting my fire support inside.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Fortifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fortifications   Fortifications I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 01 2017, 22:30

Wall or Bunker honestly are the only options, a wall you can still be shot at, but your auras, powers etc.. still work and it is the cheapest, for DE thats not very good so go Bunkers, for CWE tho Walls are great.

Bastions my favorite in 7th (and i used one A LOT, there was amazing things you could do with them). But sadly they are all point overcosted and lack some of the extra options that made them great.

No Hatch
Cant operate the weapons
Cant but 2 units in (other than characters)
Characters dont matter in them
Pricey af

I have a couple sets of the Batteries as well, for 100pts it sucks due to BS 5+....... a 100pts 24" with 20 shots immobile unit is terrible, it should at least be a 4+ to hit, if LoS blocking "out" of cover was a thing i could see it being used still, but its almost pointless.

I havent tried the Firestorm, Plasma or Aquila at all and didnt even look at them after i used the others.
Back to top Go down
Lord Nakariial
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Nakariial

Fortifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fortifications   Fortifications I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02 2017, 02:02

Firestorm would work well against Tau or other D.E where everything has fly, Daemons would be good targets to, against hordes or Orks probably not so great.
Back to top Go down
Fremen
Hellion
Fremen

Fortifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fortifications   Fortifications I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02 2017, 07:37

I was thinkng of deploying 2x dark lance scourges in a bastion. It is almost 500pts but you have a thing with 20W T9 3+ and 8 lance shots - seems nice Smile
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

Fortifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fortifications   Fortifications I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02 2017, 08:59

But for that price you can also have 3 dark lance ravagers, which means 9 dark lances and 30 wounds (but at a lower thoughness) but then you have your mobility.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Fortifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fortifications   Fortifications I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02 2017, 09:12

Fremen wrote:
I was thinkng of deploying 2x dark lance scourges in a bastion. It is almost 500pts but you have a thing with 20W T9 3+ and 8 lance shots - seems nice Smile

For some strange reason, you're only allowed to deploy a single unit plus any number of individual characters in a fortification.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fortifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fortifications   Fortifications I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fortifications
Page 1 of 1