THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Cult of Strife and pals.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Minks
Hellion
Minks

Cult of Strife and pals. Empty
PostSubject: Cult of Strife and pals.   Cult of Strife and pals. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 07 2017, 20:31

Hi all,

8th's got me enthused about the Dark Kin again. Had the majority of an army abandoned during 6th-7th after a few unsuccessful schemes, have very few survivors from my 3rd ed DE and some of my 2nd ed craftworlders who may make an appearance here too.

Have been painting pre heresy blood angels the last half year or so but needed a change/break so these lads get another chance to shine. Building towards a Wych Cult for the first 1000 or so points, will start adding in Kabal units after that, then likely some coven stuff.

Just going to a decent gaming standard and the 'default' cult/scheme, nothing fancy, had enough of that for the moment after taking months to (not) finish a squad of mk3 marines...

Am enjoying these, and painting relatively quickly, helps that my scheme is very simple. Here's what I've managed in the last two weeks, painting about 2hrs or so most evenings.

Cult of Strife and pals. EZG7iiO

Cult of Strife and pals. WFRqXiH

Cult of Strife and pals. DmnOV8I
Back to top Go down
Cherrycoke
Kabalite Warrior
Cherrycoke

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Strife and pals.   Cult of Strife and pals. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 08 2017, 02:23

Looks really great, very, very close to the box art. Nice work. Smile
Back to top Go down
E_50_Panzer
Slave
E_50_Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Strife and pals.   Cult of Strife and pals. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 09 2017, 07:39

Nice, very pure colors there, and straight highlights.
Back to top Go down
Scrz
Sybarite
Scrz

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Strife and pals.   Cult of Strife and pals. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 09 2017, 08:58

That is a pretty good quality/progress ratio. I'd be lucky to finish that amount of models with that paint quality within 6 months.
Bonus points for painting a named wych cult scheme. Smile Looking forward to seeing more.

Squirrel!
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Strife and pals.   Cult of Strife and pals. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10 2017, 12:15

Look good so far!

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Minks
Hellion
Minks

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Strife and pals.   Cult of Strife and pals. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15 2017, 01:09

Thanks all, appreciate the encouragement. If I knew how to multi-quote, I would! The best way I found keeping the highlights straight is not to worry while painting them, funnily enough, trying to get them perfect just slows things down. I generally tidy up mess twice per model midway through and again after the last highlight, remove a lot of the thickness of the highlights that way too. Progress this week.

Need to find a way of taking better pics, might try the gw lightbox advice.

3 reavers, enjoyed these quite a lot. In both sets of three, the one with the red markings has the special weapons.

Cult of Strife and pals. 7UoPmQn

Lilith (at last, had this miniature since release) - leader of the cult only to come out for bigger games (and the first couple I hope to get in on release day). Have to love the universe's greatest gladiator. Struggled getting half reasonable pictures of her. Tried to keep the facial highlights subtle to avoid manface syndrome. Couple of splotches on the basing need cleaning up but she's basically done.

Cult of Strife and pals. LIZyJaO

Cult of Strife and pals. HmDjHcQ

and work started on a Succubus, which is the miniature I've possibly been looking forward to most as she'll be leading the force the majority of the time.

Cult of Strife and pals. F0ODVP4
Back to top Go down
Minks
Hellion
Minks

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Strife and pals.   Cult of Strife and pals. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 27 2017, 00:06

More work on the succubus done, pending chin clean-up besides I'm happy with the skin's progress, the rest is still at the beginning.

Cult of Strife and pals. UbtiUfl

Cult of Strife and pals. H0YCrLl

Cult of Strife and pals. TORdSyc

And then another 7 wyches (stupid 1000 points) and a viper

Cult of Strife and pals. YQCJ4Xj

Cult of Strife and pals. BGGhHuT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Strife and pals.   Cult of Strife and pals. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cult of Strife and pals.
Page 1 of 1