THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The advantages of Dark Eldar vehicles

Go down 
+22
Azdrubael
drdoom222222
Shride
Ikol
Izaeus
Dirtydeeds
drynwyn
Dark Elf Dave
Painjunky
Frederick Vael
Faitherun
Endstation
|Meavar
Crisis_Vyper
Cerve
HERO
dumpeal
Skulnbonz
wormfromhell
Klaivex Charondyr
VeryDapperFellow
Archon_91
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

The advantages of Dark Eldar vehicles  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The advantages of Dark Eldar vehicles    The advantages of Dark Eldar vehicles  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20 2017, 16:34

Skulnbonz wrote:
Count Adhemar wrote:
The open-topped rule specifically says "Note that the passengers cannot shoot if this model Falls Back even though the Raider itself can"

I don't think the FLY keyword overrides that although I've not yet seen anything in the rules that says one way or the other.

It also states that "Any restrictions or modifiers applied to this unit also apply to the passengers" , and then they give the EXAMPLE of a unit inside cant shoot because it disengaged. However, if the unit has the FLY rule, they are not prevented from shooting.
The more I read it, the more I think hellions can shoot from inside a raider even if it disengaged from combat.

The unit cannot shoot because "it" disengage.

"it" is the Raider, not the unit itself. An embarked unit never disengage, because it never start the movement within 1" from the enemy. If you're embarked you "don'exist" for ranges and rules pourpose. And if you disembark, you must do it out 1" from the enemy, or you can't.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The advantages of Dark Eldar vehicles    The advantages of Dark Eldar vehicles  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20 2017, 16:53

Skulnbonz wrote:
Count Adhemar wrote:
The open-topped rule specifically says "Note that the passengers cannot shoot if this model Falls Back even though the Raider itself can"

I don't think the FLY keyword overrides that although I've not yet seen anything in the rules that says one way or the other.

It also states that "Any restrictions or modifiers applied to this unit also apply to the passengers" , and then they give the EXAMPLE of a unit inside cant shoot because it disengaged. However, if the unit has the FLY rule, they are not prevented from shooting.
The more I read it, the more I think hellions can shoot from inside a raider even if it disengaged from combat.

Quoting from a different part of the rule doesn't in any way negate the later section of the rule that absolutely, explicitly, categorically disallows what you are proposing.

"Note that the passengers cannot shoot if this model Falls Back even though the Raider itself can"

Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: The advantages of Dark Eldar vehicles    The advantages of Dark Eldar vehicles  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20 2017, 17:11

Yeah, i know. It seems to be in reference to the benefits of the transport conveying onto the passengers, but unless told otherwise, there you go.

|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: The advantages of Dark Eldar vehicles    The advantages of Dark Eldar vehicles  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21 2017, 08:49

It mentions fly if they fall back.
They do not fall back their transport does, so fly is irrelevant here.
And it mentions if a transport falls back passengers cannot shoot (a different rule than the normal no shooting if you fall back).
And it makes sense, they are holding their boards under their arm while onboard the vehicle, so they are not really flying anymore.
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: The advantages of Dark Eldar vehicles    The advantages of Dark Eldar vehicles  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21 2017, 09:43

And what about the Kabalite with the Splinter Rifle that is crouching on the side of the boat, hooked onto the Venom by their belt, grinning madly beneath their helmet as their craft swerves and sways about the repugnantly slow and clunky mon'keigh in heavy and impractical armour, waiting patiently alongside their scheming brethren for the chance to fill them with poison and drag their screaming corpses from the field of slaughter?

One thing I hope that is included in the Codex is something along the lines of "Crew attachment Points" Raiders should have it as a standard ability, but Venoms could have to pay for it (represented on model by taking the Raider-esque ribs about the gunners platform instead of the spiky, skull adorned option).

Giving something along the lines of "Embarked units may fire from this vehicle even after it falls back, but must do so at -1 BS." Or similar.

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: The advantages of Dark Eldar vehicles    The advantages of Dark Eldar vehicles  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21 2017, 10:56

I would prefer the web way portal but that's Actually also a nice idea.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The advantages of Dark Eldar vehicles    The advantages of Dark Eldar vehicles  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22 2017, 19:04

Unless there comes a FAQ that states you can't disembark from a transport that is in close combat I think that's just the better way to go. Unless the vehicle in completely surrounded (which actually RAW you can leap frog them so long as you land more than 1" from enemy models and within 3" of the raider, since they aren't moving) then just get out and fall back with the raider and shoot / assault the unit that is not sitting out in the open.

Assaulting our transports doesn't shut us down.

PostSubject: Re: The advantages of Dark Eldar vehicles    The advantages of Dark Eldar vehicles  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The advantages of Dark Eldar vehicles
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3