THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000p Hybrid WWP (Tournament list) (made to be my standard setup)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
teknistmajjan
Kabalite Warrior
teknistmajjan

2000p Hybrid WWP (Tournament list) (made to be my standard setup) Empty
PostSubject: 2000p Hybrid WWP (Tournament list) (made to be my standard setup)   2000p Hybrid WWP (Tournament list) (made to be my standard setup) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25 2011, 11:18

So i missed the tournament i have been looking forward to play all summer, life isnt always that good. But i am reloading for the springs version with a more versatile and fun list to play.

Now i'm not going to leave the wwp's at home this time. Last time i planned to go without but i'l rather take them along for a spin. I have another version of this list that is far far worse but i like it. However this is me crawling to the cross and investing more into anti-tank then usual.

Haemonculus: wwp
Haemonculus: wwp

8 Harlequins: 6 kisses, shadowseer
3 Trueborns: 3 blasters in venom with 2 SC
3 Trueborns: 3 blasters in venom with 2 SC

5 Warriors: blaster in venom with 2 SC
5 Warriors: blaster in venom with 2 SC
5 Warriors: blaster in raider with dark lance and flickerfield
5 Warriors: blaster in raider with dark lance and flickerfield
9 Wyches: haywires, heka with agoniser
9 Wyches: haywires, heka with agoniser

2 Beastmasters: 4 khymereas, 2 razorwing flocks
2 Beastmasters: 4 khymereas, 2 razorwing flocks

Talos: chain-flails, heat lance
Ravager: 3 dark lances, flickerfield
Ravager: 3 dark lances, flickerfield

2000p

So insteed of the other list with lots of bad ideas like mounting up harlequins in venoms turn one while reserving the wracks who bought the transport etc this one is pretty straight forward. Really the only thing i miss is having either the Baron or Vect, i would love to try out vect in this kind of a list.

So we got 6 units reserving and coming in thru the WWP. All of them very potent in CC and hopefully when they arrive there will be inantry avaible to attack. I choose to only run a single talos here, usually i run 3 but the Ravagers deserves a shot in this kind of a list. Right now they have been collecting far to much dust.

I do run my usual beastmaster units, they are optimal to me. Low cost and still very effective in CC.

We got 19 AT weapons that can hit 11 targets eacg turn. This is about the double from what i run in the footslugger lists. Of course with those everything in the list can take on vehicles with either shooting or CC, its just that then you need to catch them.

I think the main reason why i wanted to try out a proper wwp build is the playtesting i have done with my 1500 list for a upcoming tournament. Ive once again starting using the vehicles and yeah its about time since ive got 5 venoms, 5 raiders, 3 ravagers and a razorwing collecting dust.

But i'l still play the footdars when i get the chance, but for now i'l let this version have a go. The 1500p tournament is within a couple of weeks so right after that i'l be right on this fellow. I'l post it in the realspace raids when the time is ready. Who knows i might get a chance to try it out sooner.

Last edited by teknistmajjan on Sat Oct 29 2011, 07:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

PostSubject: Re: 2000p Hybrid WWP (Tournament list) (made to be my standard setup)   2000p Hybrid WWP (Tournament list) (made to be my standard setup) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25 2011, 12:35

Looks like the 8th harlequin is being useless and I don't personally like heat Lances on Talos so I would replace it with an xcc weapon other than that it looks good

Why do we ride atop these elegant craft? The better to hear the screams of our prey as we ride them down, to savour the fear etched on their faces, to taste the tantalising tang of their blood in the air as an appetiser before the feast -Dariaq Bladetongue of the Pierced Eye
Back to top Go down
teknistmajjan
Kabalite Warrior
teknistmajjan

PostSubject: Re: 2000p Hybrid WWP (Tournament list) (made to be my standard setup)   2000p Hybrid WWP (Tournament list) (made to be my standard setup) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25 2011, 13:29

Todo13 wrote:
Looks like the 8th harlequin is being useless and I don't personally like heat Lances on Talos so I would replace it with an xcc weapon other than that it looks good

The 8th Harlequin is easy, stacking wounds of course when needed. Probably one of the best investments you can get.

Regarding the talos i can't understand why you don't like the heat lance. Thats like saying you don't like something good. Your "personal" idea about the weapon is based on what? That it does not open enough tanks? Has to short range? Specify.

The heat lance is a fantastic weapon when being used out of a Webway Portal. The haywire blaster is better of when being deployed or in a footslugger list where you don't get portals as high up.

The extra ccw you are suggesting is the worst upgrade for a Talos you can get. You pay 15p for one more attack when you already have 2D6 and picks the highest. Spending those points on something that can open a transport so you can assault whats inside is 10 times better.

Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: 2000p Hybrid WWP (Tournament list) (made to be my standard setup)   2000p Hybrid WWP (Tournament list) (made to be my standard setup) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25 2011, 13:35

What about combining the beast squads? I have found that i always want 4 flocks minimum and while having 2 units gives flexability, you will need both to charge to win reliably... and with the move charges and on 40mm bases you may not always be able to get both units enganged...

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
teknistmajjan
Kabalite Warrior
teknistmajjan

PostSubject: Re: 2000p Hybrid WWP (Tournament list) (made to be my standard setup)   2000p Hybrid WWP (Tournament list) (made to be my standard setup) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25 2011, 13:44

Massaen wrote:
What about combining the beast squads? I have found that i always want 4 flocks minimum and while having 2 units gives flexability, you will need both to charge to win reliably... and with the move charges and on 40mm bases you may not always be able to get both units enganged...

That depends on how you use the different units. If you run a bigger beastunit then you have a whole other purpose for it. I seldom use both units on the same target, there is really no reason to. I have other units that can support it on charge.

For example one beastunit + harlequins can shred up one target while the other unit + the talos handles another. There is much better to be flexible when running wwp's. Actually i have far, far better experiences with using smaller beast units. Making them larger often results in overkill with the MSU meta. So using two smaller cheap ones really gives you a tactical edge.

But i do understand what you mean. I do how ever have enough CC to mop up things, even if this is not a special CC oriented list, as topic says its a hybrid.

The main issue with the list is probably staying power when being assaulted, cause then your opponent gets to choose where he wants the action to happen. That and of course infantry running around having no resiliance what so ever against for example bolter fire. But thats something we all have to come to terms with when playing with the WWP's.

Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

PostSubject: Re: 2000p Hybrid WWP (Tournament list) (made to be my standard setup)   2000p Hybrid WWP (Tournament list) (made to be my standard setup) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25 2011, 22:48

IMO, you can disagree with me if you want, by the time you have your talos deployed through the webway portal your ravagers have most likely killed the larger part of the vehicles on the board and therefore the xcc weapon is better because you will already be assaulting the stuff inside the transport.

Why do we ride atop these elegant craft? The better to hear the screams of our prey as we ride them down, to savour the fear etched on their faces, to taste the tantalising tang of their blood in the air as an appetiser before the feast -Dariaq Bladetongue of the Pierced Eye
Back to top Go down
teknistmajjan
Kabalite Warrior
teknistmajjan

PostSubject: Re: 2000p Hybrid WWP (Tournament list) (made to be my standard setup)   2000p Hybrid WWP (Tournament list) (made to be my standard setup) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26 2011, 18:44

Todo13 wrote:
IMO, you can disagree with me if you want, by the time you have your talos deployed through the webway portal your ravagers have most likely killed the larger part of the vehicles on the board and therefore the xcc weapon is better because you will already be assaulting the stuff inside the transport.

Im at work so will just answer quick.

I do actually not agree. Since reserves arrive from turn two and forward there are often tanks that need to be taken down.
As you know DE struggles somewhat with popping tanks, we are better at stunning them with lances. also one most often has to focus on most enemy tanks before targetting the transports, our tanks are paperplanes so the alpha against his AT shooting is importent.

As i said earlier the extra ccw feels like a bad option.

however i thank you for the comment.

Posted from mobile.

PostSubject: Re: 2000p Hybrid WWP (Tournament list) (made to be my standard setup)   2000p Hybrid WWP (Tournament list) (made to be my standard setup) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000p Hybrid WWP (Tournament list) (made to be my standard setup)
Page 1 of 1