THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000p Coven. Made for casual gaming at the local club.

Go down 
+2
Shadows Revenge
teknistmajjan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
teknistmajjan
Kabalite Warrior
teknistmajjan

2000p Coven. Made for casual gaming at the local club. Empty
PostSubject: 2000p Coven. Made for casual gaming at the local club.   2000p Coven. Made for casual gaming at the local club. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22 2011, 17:37

So this list was orginal posted by another player on another forum. I was so impressed by the idea around it that i descided to upgrade it from its original size which was 1750. Mainly because i play 2k as standard.

The list is pretty much semi competetive, and with that i mean this. I will play it in a competetive envoirment but not at tournaments. It will be used at the local gaming club and hopefully be alot of fun.

Well lets take a look at it.

HQ

Urien Rakarth 190
Haemonculus: power weapon 60
Haemonculus: power weapon 60

ELITE

9 Hekatrix Bloodbrides: 3 x shardnets, haywires, syren with agoniser, raider with ff and dl 265
3 Grotesques: liquifier gun, aberration, master haemonculus, raider with ff and dl 210
3 Grotesques: liquifier gun, aberration, master haemonculus, raider with ff and dl 210

TROOP

3 Wracks: venom with 2 splinter cannons 95
3 Wracks: raider with dark lance and flickerfield 100
3 Wracks: raider with dark lance and flickerfield 100

HEAVY SUPPORT

Ravager: 3 dark lances, flickerfield, night shields 125
Ravager: 3 dark lances, flickerfield, night shields 125
Razorwing Jetfighter: 4 monoscythe Missiles, flickerfield, night shields 175

Total: 2000

So i'm not used playing lists that are built this way. I am more of a warriorplayer and have been using them with good success. But it is fun to mix things up a bit. When it comes to CC units i usually run Harlequins, Incubis, beastmasters and wyches. Wracks and Grotesques are never used so this will be fun.

So what are you thoughts on this list? I was amazed when i saw it the first time. Not because of it strength more of how incredible cool the list was.

Last edited by teknistmajjan on Sat Oct 29 2011, 07:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 2000p Coven. Made for casual gaming at the local club.   2000p Coven. Made for casual gaming at the local club. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24 2011, 15:21

my only problem with the list is that 3 wracks really arent going to do much in combat. I know because I run alot of squads of 3 in like 500~1k, anything higher and I think you need to fill up your squads to get decent results.

So I would drop the razorwing to a ravager, which gains you 5 more wracks, then dropping the 3 nightshields gains you 3 more.

Also dropping the bloodbrides to wyches (losing a wrack/venom squad in the process) gives you 142 points, which you can use to get 5 man wrack squads with liquifers.

Also I would looking into doing raiders w/ wracks. Ive always like an AT unit (warriors w/ blaster, Blasterborn) with the venom, and the raider with an AI squad (wracks, wyches, incubi) This gives you some diconomy with your units, as well as add some AT to the list, which we can never have enough of.

Just some ideas. The idea does seem cool though, and I love seeing a new coven player about Razz

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
teknistmajjan
Kabalite Warrior
teknistmajjan

PostSubject: Re: 2000p Coven. Made for casual gaming at the local club.   2000p Coven. Made for casual gaming at the local club. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29 2011, 07:07

Shadows Revenge wrote:
my only problem with the list is that 3 wracks really arent going to do much in combat. I know because I run alot of squads of 3 in like 500~1k, anything higher and I think you need to fill up your squads to get decent results.

So I would drop the razorwing to a ravager, which gains you 5 more wracks, then dropping the 3 nightshields gains you 3 more.

Also dropping the bloodbrides to wyches (losing a wrack/venom squad in the process) gives you 142 points, which you can use to get 5 man wrack squads with liquifers.

Also I would looking into doing raiders w/ wracks. Ive always like an AT unit (warriors w/ blaster, Blasterborn) with the venom, and the raider with an AI squad (wracks, wyches, incubi) This gives you some diconomy with your units, as well as add some AT to the list, which we can never have enough of.

Just some ideas. The idea does seem cool though, and I love seeing a new coven player about Razz

That is some exellent advice on making it more competetive. As i mentioned earlier i am not used to playing Wracks or Grotesques at all. The Only experience i have from wracks is using a couple of units with 3 wracks in a raider when playing a wych cult. So i understand what you mean with them neither being killy or resilliant.

The coven is very new to me so i really have to explore this.

Thanks for the advice.

What do the rest of the community say about this kind of a list?

Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

PostSubject: Re: 2000p Coven. Made for casual gaming at the local club.   2000p Coven. Made for casual gaming at the local club. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29 2011, 20:01

Grotesques are awesome but I would think about having 2 independent Characters per grotesque squad. If they flip out they will hurt everything around it. 2D6 inches of range with 2D6 S5 attacks on each unit within range can be devastating.

Space Elves get a pass.
Back to top Go down
teknistmajjan
Kabalite Warrior
teknistmajjan

PostSubject: Re: 2000p Coven. Made for casual gaming at the local club.   2000p Coven. Made for casual gaming at the local club. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01 2011, 19:05

lululu_42 wrote:
Grotesques are awesome but I would think about having 2 independent Characters per grotesque squad. If they flip out they will hurt everything around it. 2D6 inches of range with 2D6 S5 attacks on each unit within range can be devastating.

Well they shouldnt flip out with being fearless from start along with having the Haemonculus with them. Using 2 IC's in a 3 men strong Grotesquesquad feels like a bit to expensive don't you agree?

Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

PostSubject: Re: 2000p Coven. Made for casual gaming at the local club.   2000p Coven. Made for casual gaming at the local club. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02 2011, 06:39

Berserk Rampage.

He popped 2 Grotesques with artillery turn 1 forcing 1 hame out of the unit and then later killed the second hame. The Grotesque was normal for one more round then after that I rolled a 1 for the Rampage. It was scary for both of us ^_^

Yea sure it's a whopping 656pts (in my list) but there tough as nails. It force's your opponent to shoot any str 10 or AP1&2 weapons at them in order to out right kill them otherwise your looking at some very angry creatures with a threat range of 18" assault threat range.

If there assaulting then your opponent is looking at turn one S6 I5 the hame's add the special weapons needed for the assault while the Ancient insures that your hitting on a I6 (so mostly first) to soften up a little before the main punch hits. Also everything has FNP and fearless so there not going anywhere easily. This also helps tar pit for everything else.

I am still fiddling around with the Hame load outs till I find something I like. And it's been hard to judge them since they have ether been hit by ap1 ap2 blast shots or my opponent ignored them. Also serves as a juicer target to draw fire from my AT.

I may justify this kind of sacrifice since I play more warmachine then 40k and I find the more aggressive I am the better I do, but thats me.

Space Elves get a pass.
Back to top Go down
Finn
Kabalite Warrior
Finn

PostSubject: Re: 2000p Coven. Made for casual gaming at the local club.   2000p Coven. Made for casual gaming at the local club. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02 2011, 16:42

In my last game (6000 total, 2 players on each side) my last remaining grotesque popped. The explosion wiped approximately 1500 points off the table Very Happy It was one of the most memorable moments in my whole gaming history Smile

These guys are fun as hell. Go with them Smile
Back to top Go down
Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: 2000p Coven. Made for casual gaming at the local club.   2000p Coven. Made for casual gaming at the local club. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03 2011, 15:03

Too bad those bloodbrides stick out like a sore thumb - I'd drop them and beef up the wracks and try to get another haemy in the list.

I agree on the 2 IC's per grot squad - haemys are ideal for this and who doesn't like putting 3 flame templates down before a charge? Granted uriens casket is kind of orky but sometimes it shreds pretty darn nice.

Having the haemys in the grot squads also starts them off with 3 pain tokens and that lets Uriens Father of Pain tokens go to the wrack squads.

As for the wrack squads, I usually run them at 10 strong but in 4 squads. I'll be honest about not running less than that as min/maxing makes me nervous and 10 wracks with an acothyst, 2 liquifiers on a raider with furious charge are nails.

If you are set on having venoms in the list then I toyed with a squad of 5 on a venom with a liquifier and believe 2 of these can "clean up" or support the other assault units.

I would presume that the list is geared for a massive "rush" style strategy and getting everyone on the the grots and some of the wracks would be doing the all out push while some elements are left behind (of course that is a rush with wrack squads larger than 3).

I'd be interested if you decide to play this, I know it is just for fun but I am sure you would give it your best and again I would be curious to see how it all works together.

"is that it ?" ....
Back to top Go down
Cailos
Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

PostSubject: Re: 2000p Coven. Made for casual gaming at the local club.   2000p Coven. Made for casual gaming at the local club. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03 2011, 16:39

You can run 4 Grots and 2 Haems in a full squad in a Raider it makes the squad tougher so they are closer to deathstar like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000p Coven. Made for casual gaming at the local club.   2000p Coven. Made for casual gaming at the local club. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000p Coven. Made for casual gaming at the local club.
Page 1 of 1