THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

WIP Grotesques made from Bullgryns/Ogryns

Go down 
+2
Ikol
krayd
6 posters
AuthorMessage
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

WIP Grotesques made from Bullgryns/Ogryns Empty
PostSubject: WIP Grotesques made from Bullgryns/Ogryns   WIP Grotesques made from Bullgryns/Ogryns I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21 2017, 06:14

I decided to try converting bullgryns/ogryns into Grotesques, as I haven't seen anyone try that yet.

I used bullgryns as my base, because the tank-top shirts on the ogryn models didn't seem appropriate, and so I needed to cover them up (and didn't feel like sculpting over it). The concept for these experiments is that their biomass is somewhat unstable, with the internals held together by the metal carapace - hence the additional limbs/appendages poking out from holes in the armor.

Overall, the results are acceptable, but I don't think that I'll be making more than one unit of grotesques using this as a base - it seems fine to have each unit of haemonculus experiments be distinct, anyway.WIP Grotesques made from Bullgryns/Ogryns Grot111
WIP Grotesques made from Bullgryns/Ogryns Grot211
WIP Grotesques made from Bullgryns/Ogryns Grot311
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: WIP Grotesques made from Bullgryns/Ogryns   WIP Grotesques made from Bullgryns/Ogryns I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21 2017, 06:42

NEAT!

Like the bulky look they have going for them, and the Masks are awesomely proportional in size.

Is a shot of them next to an actual Grot possible for scale? Or have you made the intelligent decision not to drop that much money on a single model?

They certainly look threatening enough. And they have a similar "Implacable onwards march" look about them as the Plastic Wracks.

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: WIP Grotesques made from Bullgryns/Ogryns   WIP Grotesques made from Bullgryns/Ogryns I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21 2017, 07:10

I haven't bought an actual Grot model. They *should* be proportionate, assuming that Grots and Ogryns are of similar size; I believe that they use the same base size.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: WIP Grotesques made from Bullgryns/Ogryns   WIP Grotesques made from Bullgryns/Ogryns I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 10 2017, 07:19

A bit more 'fleshed out', as it were...

WIP Grotesques made from Bullgryns/Ogryns Grots12
Back to top Go down
Bedlam55
Hellion
Bedlam55

PostSubject: Re: WIP Grotesques made from Bullgryns/Ogryns   WIP Grotesques made from Bullgryns/Ogryns I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 17 2017, 13:21

I wasn't to sure on them unpainted but seeing them painted they look awesome!

Hellion
BloodyOdd

PostSubject: Re: WIP Grotesques made from Bullgryns/Ogryns   WIP Grotesques made from Bullgryns/Ogryns I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 17 2017, 18:59

Very awesome! May have to borrow this idea when I get around to my coven!
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: WIP Grotesques made from Bullgryns/Ogryns   WIP Grotesques made from Bullgryns/Ogryns I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 17 2017, 21:31

BloodyOdd wrote:
Very awesome! May have to borrow this idea when I get around to my coven!

Some quick notes:

There was a considerable amount of greenstuff sculpting involved, though it need not be particularly detailed/complex. In addition to the spinal flesh humps, the cronos tentacle arm biceps aren't nearly as large as ogryn biceps, so I had to make them bulkier with greenstuff.

You also will need to file down the sides of the head-stumps on the ogryn models a little bit because they're just slightly too wide to comfortably fit the talos/cronos masks.
Back to top Go down
zelatar
Kabalite Warrior
zelatar

PostSubject: Re: WIP Grotesques made from Bullgryns/Ogryns   WIP Grotesques made from Bullgryns/Ogryns I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18 2018, 03:26

Great conversions. I particularly like the one that is second from the right in your first photos. Something about their bulk (and particularly that model) gives me kind of a slasher vibe. The Talos tentacles are a little too graceful, imo, but these fellas certainly have character.

Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: WIP Grotesques made from Bullgryns/Ogryns   WIP Grotesques made from Bullgryns/Ogryns I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22 2018, 14:23

Moved to Painting & Modelling Discussion

I really like these conversions. A nice level of diversity among them making them all feel like unique abominations. I might use this idea with some Tyranid bits thrown in

WIP Grotesques made from Bullgryns/Ogryns YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WIP Grotesques made from Bullgryns/Ogryns   WIP Grotesques made from Bullgryns/Ogryns I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WIP Grotesques made from Bullgryns/Ogryns
Page 1 of 1