THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Question 'bout Baron Sathonyx

Go down 
AuthorMessage
trumoi
Slave
trumoi

Question 'bout Baron Sathonyx Empty
PostSubject: Question 'bout Baron Sathonyx   Question 'bout Baron Sathonyx I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22 2017, 22:58

Soooo I really really like the Hellion Lord, Baron Sathonyx. I thought his story was neat, thought his theme was cool, and loved that he was another example of notable Drukhari who stand as a giant middle finger to Vect (whom I can only love in an ironic way).

Now, I don't own the codex or other such book that the Baron was introduced, but I've read every wiki article I could find on his fluff (even 1d4chan) and a few on his stats as me and my friends have been working out how to brew him into 8e. He is tied with Sliscus as my favourite character in all of 40k, and so the lack of information on him is a bit saddening.

Obviously I want more insight into his personality, and not just his accomplishments (he has to be tough, ballsy, and a little feral to fit in with the Hellions though) but one thing was really intriguing to me, and that was about his Farseer lover.

Me and my friend (who plays every Eldar except the Dark Kin) had a disagreement about the theory on their relationship. I suggested it was possible that she was actually dear to him, and went with him willingly to Commorragh, as a couple of sorts, rather than just him capturing her. My friend, on the other hand, heavily doubts this, and says unless they outright said it he would never believe she would do that, not only due to the Drukhari's typical dispositions, but also how important her path as a Farseer was.

Now, neither is official, as far as I'm aware, but has anyone read anything one way or the other that is not available online? It wouldn't matter to me either way, but would give some interesting insight into the kind of man the Baron actually is in the fluff.
Back to top Go down
trumoi
Slave
trumoi

Question 'bout Baron Sathonyx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question 'bout Baron Sathonyx   Question 'bout Baron Sathonyx I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 16:49

Okay, thanks to The Strange Dark One, I have managed to peer over the old entry on the Baron, and it explicitly states that he captured the farseer during a raid and brought her back as a trophy. Glad that's cleared up!
Back to top Go down

Question 'bout Baron Sathonyx
Page 1 of 1