THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Warp Spiders and Strength from Death

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

Warp Spiders and Strength from Death Empty
PostSubject: Warp Spiders and Strength from Death   Warp Spiders and Strength from Death I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24 2017, 12:52

If Warp Spiders trigger Strength from Death, can they move using their Warp Jump ability?
Back to top Go down
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

PostSubject: Re: Warp Spiders and Strength from Death   Warp Spiders and Strength from Death I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24 2017, 13:37

No. The SfD says "you can move as if it were your Movement phase", but it does not make it your Movement phase, which is a requirement for using Warp Jump Generators, thus you can't. Unless they change the wording of WJG to "whenever this unit moves" at least... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/StarHorsePaints
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Warp Spiders and Strength from Death   Warp Spiders and Strength from Death I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24 2017, 14:33

mightydoughnut wrote:
No. The SfD says "you can move as if it were your Movement phase", but it does not make it your Movement phase, which is a requirement for using Warp Jump Generators, thus you can't. Unless they change the wording of WJG to "whenever this unit moves" at least... Very Happy

But if you're moving as if it was your movement phase, wouldn't it count as your movement phase for that purpose?
Back to top Go down
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

PostSubject: Re: Warp Spiders and Strength from Death   Warp Spiders and Strength from Death I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24 2017, 14:46

No. There is a difference between "moving as if it was" and actually being a movement phase. This is to prevent infinite loops, long game pauses and broken combos - for example, if you had a Psyker with a spell that allows your unit to make a move as it was their movement phase and they had a rule that would allow them to skip movement to have another shot from their guns worded "Durring your movement phase, you can skip movement for additional shot", then you would not be able to skip that bonus movement, as it is not your movement phase, but your psychic phase.

Also, whole phase is in correlation to your whole army, while "as if it was" is made for single units/models.

Tl;Dr - the phrase "as if it was" allows you to take action outside of the standard turn phases, but does not change the actual turn phase (i.e: so you don't suddenly have your Movement Phase in your opponent's turn).
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/StarHorsePaints
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Warp Spiders and Strength from Death   Warp Spiders and Strength from Death I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24 2017, 14:47

Okay, fair enough.

Thanks for the answer and explanation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warp Spiders and Strength from Death   Warp Spiders and Strength from Death I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warp Spiders and Strength from Death
Page 1 of 1