THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Converting Mandrakes to Warp Spiders

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

Converting Mandrakes to Warp Spiders Empty
PostSubject: Converting Mandrakes to Warp Spiders   Converting Mandrakes to Warp Spiders I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2016, 13:15

I prefer to play doth DE and Eldar rules and mix both armies in my lists, but mu Eldar always look like Dark Kin. So I converted a coven moster as a Wraithknight and so on.
And now I need Warp Spiders. Original models seem to be bulky and not proportional (like most os Eldar infantry models), so I think the best way to represent transdimensional nature of this unit is to take Mandrakes.
But I don't know, how other player will accept this, maybe there will be difficulties to enter the tournaments with some WYSIWYG requrements.
Will it be enought just to equip them with guns like Shredder, or do I need to use more bits?
What are your ideas, maybe you have seen/made similar conversions?

Sybarite
Demantiae

PostSubject: Re: Converting Mandrakes to Warp Spiders   Converting Mandrakes to Warp Spiders I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2016, 19:49

Mandrakes look nothing like Warp Spiders so you're two options are just roll with it and make them look however you like and proxy them (people will either accept them or not) or do some heavy converting to make them look even remotely like the original.

If you want something unique but that can pass for WS's on the table then you'd need to look for something more armoured to begin with. Best I can think of from the DE range are Incubi. Scourge would work but they poses are wrong for blinking troops. Your best alternate chassis would be the new Shadow Spectre aspect warrior. I found these after some googling, looks like somebody else had the same idea to turn them into spiders (they look like better warp spiders than the actual WS models) http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/652049.page?userfilterid=49729

Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Converting Mandrakes to Warp Spiders   Converting Mandrakes to Warp Spiders I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24 2016, 20:37

There are also these here:
Converting Mandrakes to Warp Spiders LY948fEZraA

Not official, but vastly superior to GW's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Converting Mandrakes to Warp Spiders   Converting Mandrakes to Warp Spiders I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Converting Mandrakes to Warp Spiders
Page 1 of 1