THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP

Go down 
+3
aurynn
Scrz
wormfromhell
7 posters
AuthorMessage
aurynn
Incubi

Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP Empty
PostSubject: Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP   Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 05 2017, 16:15

Hello Everyone,

to motivate myself I decided to start this PLOG where I will document ideas and progress of all the plans I have with various Aeldari models. Get ready for some strange stuff...

First thing I decided to do is a Skyweaver. But not just any Skyweaver. Kitbashed from a Windrider and a Hellion. Driver will be a Reaver and the second dude a Hellion obviously.

This is the rough kitbash. Will add some more details and riders, but I think its not bad...
Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP Receiv17
Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP Receiv18
Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP Receiv19

Critique and comments welcome!

Last edited by aurynn on Wed Sep 20 2017, 07:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wormfromhell
Sybarite
wormfromhell

PostSubject: Re: Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP   Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06 2017, 00:30

sweeeeeeeeeet!

I've always wanted to make some de sky weavers, now i think i have too!
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP   Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06 2017, 06:42

Thanks guys!

Well same thing would work with Reaver bikes obviously, but I had a box of Windriders lying about and none of the Reavers to spare. So this is the first take. I will get Gangs too and do a few squads of them later. Right now Windriders are better because they provide a flat surface to paint with Harlie stuff. Very Happy

OFC I will need to solve the weapons as obviously I have none, but it should not be too difficult.

Last edited by aurynn on Thu Jul 06 2017, 06:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scrz
Sybarite
Scrz

PostSubject: Re: Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP   Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06 2017, 06:43

Damn, that is a good idea. Consider it stolen. pirat
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP   Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06 2017, 06:47

Damn! Another archon spotted my prototype flying around! Very Happy
I just had to think what to do with all those Hellion sprues I have. More uses coming... :-D

EDIT:
Few points:
- The vanes on the windriders need to be cut obviously
- Fill the front grill of the skyboard with greenstuff so it provides better contact surface for the rear of the bike. Let harden overnight.
- Use greenstuff to put the bike's larger thruster on the Skyboard's back
- Drill a 3mm hole in the grill of the Skyboard - snugfits the stud at the rear of the bike.
- Needs some pressure to glue properly so I recommend gluing on the thin parts like steps and steering at a later stage.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP   Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 11 2017, 19:00

So I did some more work and now there are three of them... :-D
Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP 20170714
Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP 20170713
Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP 20170712

Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP   Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12 2017, 05:10

I really do like these Skyweaver conversions. The Hellion bits really sharpen and make the usually boring looking Eldar bikes into something far more intimidating. Good job man!
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP   Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12 2017, 07:10

Thanks. I am not done with them too. Very Happy I will add some more details to make the original Skyweavers shudder. Masque of pure tragedy coming... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP   Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 13 2017, 09:41

Neat! I love it when people make themed army versions of allied units. You've got me wondering now as I've got tons of Hellion bits left over from Gangs of Commorragh Wink plus, I've always thought that Ynnari Strength From Death is precisely how Power From Pain should have worked from the get-go...
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP   Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 14 2017, 14:21

Final result is neat
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP   Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 20 2017, 07:28

Hello my Dark Kin, I am here to update the PLOG. It has been a while since my life has a bad habit to intervene, but I finally got to make a group of kabalites and here are some samples:

Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP DSC_6397_small
Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP DSC_6402_small

Obviously, they are not finished and need some polishing, but I think the theme came out quite allright. I was aiming for another colour than black, while keeping it dark and sinister. The second photo is purposefuly overburned so the imperfections can be seen better for your critique, which is as always welcome.

I have not given up on the Skyweavers, just wanted to find my colour theme before I finish them. Stay tuned. :-)
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP   Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 20 2017, 08:20

Loving your painting scheme!
The colours somehow remind me of 80s Decepticons Smile
Do you use metal colours for your green?
Looks awesome anyhow!
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP   Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 20 2017, 12:53

Thank you!
It is:
- Basecoat black
- Layer of Boltgun Metal, Caliban Green and Black 1:1:1
- Selective glazing with Nuln Oil for the shadows
- Selective drybrush of Caliban Green and Runefang Steel 1:1
- Selective drybrush of Caliban Green and Runefang Steel 1:2

Purple parts is standard:
- Layer of Naggaroth night
- Drybrush of Vallejo Hexed Lichen
- Drybrush of Lucius Lilac
- Final Drybrush with White
- Wash with Druchii Violet including the highlights

Loincloth is Rakarth Flesh, dotted with some Druchii Violet, washed with Agrax Earthshade.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP   Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aurynn's joint Eldar PLOG - Project 1 - Kabalite squad WIP
Page 1 of 1