THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1000pts list - which is better?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fremen
Hellion
Fremen

1000pts list - which is better? Empty
PostSubject: 1000pts list - which is better?   1000pts list - which is better? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06 2017, 09:30

Hi guys, I am having a problem with choosing a list for my local league. Meta is mostly an Imperium. I made two lists but have no idea wchich way should I go.

First:
Archont+agoniser+PGL+blast pistol 71 pts
2x 5 Kabalites + blaster + agoniser + PGL 2x57pts
Mandrakes 95pts
Scourges + 4x blaster 130pts
Ravager + Shock prow 156pts
Voidraven + dark scythes + void missiles 194pts
3x Venom splinter cannon + TL splinter riffle 3x80pts
Total 1000pts

Second:
Archont+agoniser+PGL+ blast pistol 71 pts
2x 5 Kabalites + blaster + agoniser + PGL 2x57pts
Incubi 90pts
Scourges + 4x blaster 130pts
Ravager + Shock prow 156pts
Jetfighter + lances + TL splinter riffle 155pts
2x Venom splinter cannon + TL splinter riffle 2x80pts
Raider + lance + shock prow 116pts
Total 992pts

What do you think? Any sugestions? Question
Back to top Go down
Dabbarexe
Hellion
Dabbarexe

PostSubject: Re: 1000pts list - which is better?   1000pts list - which is better? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06 2017, 10:18

Hey there. I'm new to the site but I've got 8 years of Kabal experience (just so you don't think some random newbie's trying to give advice).

Anyway, both lists are pretty cool and they'll probably work out given how well we're doing in this edition.

The only thing I'd say is that we do more damage in shooting than assault, even if we focus on it. The idea with our assault units are to get across fast, multi-assault and tar pit for days. Incubi don't really fit this mould and I've found them to be a little to kill-y to be useful. As a single unit of 5 they're even less likely to do something. So I would veer towards the Mandrakes in list one if I were you.

Also if the Blast Pistol is as useless for you as it has been for me just find 5 points to give the Archon a Blaster.

Good luck, you've got a strong list.
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: 1000pts list - which is better?   1000pts list - which is better? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06 2017, 12:07

I do not have that much experience. But I actually found that in 8th melee happens anyway at some point and incubi are great. (although mandrakes are good as well).
But both function slightly different, mandrakes are slightly more versitile, but incubi are perfect for killing marines in melee.
Back to top Go down
Dabbarexe
Hellion
Dabbarexe

PostSubject: Re: 1000pts list - which is better?   1000pts list - which is better? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06 2017, 14:03

True enough. Plus, at 1000 points you probably won't be facing too many Bullgryns/SS Terminators and other melee units Incubi can't deal with. So if your meta involves a lot of jump pack assaulty marines then Incubi might even be better. Consider though that your flyer will deny deep striking charges on your Ravager + 1 Transport anyway, so at best your opponent's most mobile assault is charging one Venom with 5 warriors in it.

Also, between Blasters/Lances, a Dark scythe Voidraven and agonisers, Meqs aren't having an easy time anyway.
Back to top Go down
Fremen
Hellion
Fremen

PostSubject: Re: 1000pts list - which is better?   1000pts list - which is better? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06 2017, 14:10

How can it prevent the charge? I must be missing something scratch

Hellion
Dabbarexe

PostSubject: Re: 1000pts list - which is better?   1000pts list - which is better? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06 2017, 14:18

I meant first turn charges, just to clarify.

Just briefly, you must deploy 9 inches away from any enemy model, this includes flyers that have a massive base. Park your flyer in front of the Ravager/ Transport that are deployed close to the edge. Enemies will have to come in 9 inches away from the flyer and cannot charge the flyer itself unless they are flying. So there is no way to charge the Ravager + stuff parked behind the flyer.

Of course they can still do it turn 2 onwards but by then you're spread enough that they won't get multi-charges and such. Plus you've had at least one turn of no charging shenanigans.
Back to top Go down
Fremen
Hellion
Fremen

PostSubject: Re: 1000pts list - which is better?   1000pts list - which is better? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06 2017, 15:01

Ok, now I get it Smile I can give it a try, however this Voidraven is very tempting. Do you have any experience on using it?

Hellion
Dabbarexe

PostSubject: Re: 1000pts list - which is better?   1000pts list - which is better? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06 2017, 15:44

Sure, it's a great unit. Dark Scythes are definitely the way to go, they perform better or equally well as the Lances against everything that isn't toughness 8 or 9. Against T 8 it's basically on par as well. The void mine is a good way to put the fear of god into some marines and if you take it with some missiles it's decently versatile. Fire at Big Creatures, Transports or Elite Infantry it's a great little flyer. The Razorwing is a little more versatile for cheaper and at 1000 points you'll find a lot of people prefer it but at 1500+ a Voidraven is a very common sight.

It's way more fun to use than a Razorwing though. Just be careful because they attract stupid amounts of fire the second you unleash its full arsenal.

As a note, if you don't mind mixing, the Craftworld Eldar have Hemlock fighters for like 15 more points than a kitted Voidraven. Those D weapons are super good and so are their psychic abilities. Of course you'd have to be a filthy Craftworld sympathizer to run them though.
Back to top Go down
Fremen
Hellion
Fremen

PostSubject: Re: 1000pts list - which is better?   1000pts list - which is better? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06 2017, 19:23

I will stick to the true kin, but thanks for nice piece of advice Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1000pts list - which is better?   1000pts list - which is better? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1000pts list - which is better?
Page 1 of 1