THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

First 1000pts list

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
flesh-mechanic
Slave

First 1000pts list Empty
PostSubject: First 1000pts list   First 1000pts list I_icon_minitimeSun May 19 2013, 22:35

Hey, I'm new here, and pretty much new to the game, so my list is probably gonna be pretty bad, it's just a template really for some help in the right direction.

HQ
Duke Sliscus -

Elites
5x Trueborn
4x Blasters
Venom
Splinter cannon

Troops
9x Warriors
Raider
Splinter racks
Flickerfield

10 x warriors
Raider
Splinter racks
Flickerfield
Shock prow

10 x warriors
Raider
Splinter racks
Flickerfield

Heavy
Razorwing
Flickerfield

Total
996 points

It's probably awful but hey ho, had to start somewhere!

Thank you for any help Smile

Last edited by flesh-mechanic on Sun May 19 2013, 23:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ben_S
Sybarite

First 1000pts list Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 1000pts list   First 1000pts list I_icon_minitimeSun May 19 2013, 23:03

Hi,

First thing to say is you're not allowed to post individual points breakdowns here - we could get in trouble with GW - so please edit your message to remove those (or hopefully a mod will).

I'm not very experienced myself, but it looks a fairly solid list to me. Personally, I don't like lots of repetitive 'spam', so I'd suggest maybe replacing a unit of Warriors with Wyches to see how they work for you. It might be worth considering whether you need the flickerfields; they're not completely redundant since you don't always get a jink save, but they're not necessarily 'must haves'. And a Ravager might be a better option than the Razorwing, depending how flyer/AA-heavy your local scene is.

Any idea what opponents you're likely to face?
Back to top Go down
flesh-mechanic
Slave

First 1000pts list Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 1000pts list   First 1000pts list I_icon_minitimeSun May 19 2013, 23:07

Ah I didn't even think about that, I just copied and pasted it straight from where I was writing it, sorry!
I was looking at it thinking it looked a bit boring so I think I will put some wyches in there. Should I keep them in a raider?

I don't really know what armies I'm gonna face. The only opponent I know so far plays eldar as his main army.

Thanks for the speedy reply
Back to top Go down
Ben_S
Sybarite

First 1000pts list Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 1000pts list   First 1000pts list I_icon_minitimeSun May 19 2013, 23:14

I suggested Wyches just so you could try out a wider variety of troops, but I was forgetting the Duke's contraband rule - they're definitely worth taking to make the most of that I think. I'd suggest giving them Haywire grenades for anti-vehicle duty and probably a Raider, assuming you'll have more than five.
Back to top Go down
flesh-mechanic
Slave

First 1000pts list Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 1000pts list   First 1000pts list I_icon_minitimeSun May 19 2013, 23:43

Ah that's the reroll for combat drugs right? Yeah I will put some of them in then Smile
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

First 1000pts list Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 1000pts list   First 1000pts list I_icon_minitimeMon May 20 2013, 00:09

Quote :
Elites
5x Trueborn
4x Blasters
Venom
Splinter cannon

These dudes look cool but honestly a ravager or even another flyer would serve you better. Reason is they are forced to get within 18" range to fire their blasters which will see them get retaliated on. I know others swear by them but usually after filling HS first. Just some food for thought. Also I wouldnt ever take more bodies then you have weapons.

An alternative if you want trueborn and one that would get more millage would be 3 TB with 2 splinter cannons in night shielded venom with dual splinter cannons.

Otherwise go with a ravager, its on par with a fast tri las pred.
Back to top Go down
flesh-mechanic
Slave

First 1000pts list Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 1000pts list   First 1000pts list I_icon_minitimeMon May 20 2013, 07:39

Brom wrote:
Quote :
Elites
5x Trueborn
4x Blasters
Venom
Splinter cannon

These dudes look cool but honestly a ravager or even another flyer would serve you better. Reason is they are forced to get within 18" range to fire their blasters which will see them get retaliated on. I know others swear by them but usually after filling HS first. Just some food for thought. Also I wouldnt ever take more bodies then you have weapons.

An alternative if you want trueborn and one that would get more millage would be 3 TB with 2 splinter cannons in night shielded venom with dual splinter cannons.

Otherwise go with a ravager, its on par with a fast tri las pred.

The extra guy was because I had points to spare, but yeah I might go with a ravager instead. I shall make the changes now and post the new list Smile
Back to top Go down
flesh-mechanic
Slave

First 1000pts list Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 1000pts list   First 1000pts list I_icon_minitimeMon May 20 2013, 07:55

Okay here's the new list:

HQ
Duke Sliscus

Troops
9x Warriors
Raider
Splinter racks

10 x warriors
Raider
Splinter racks

10 x wyches
Haywire grenades
Raider

Fast Attack
3 x reavers
Blaster

Heavy
Razorwing
Flickerfield

Ravager
Flickerfield
Enhanced aethersails

Total
997 points

The reavers were to fill in the points gap I had at the end, and to use the models as ill probably buy the battle force at some point.
Back to top Go down
ryuuku514
Slave

First 1000pts list Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 1000pts list   First 1000pts list I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 22:57

well i find that my trueborn with the duke do much better than the duke with warriors even if you have splinter racks so you could take out 1 warrior squad and add your trueborn in with shardcarbines thiis would give you less range but more hits per turn of shooting and with the 3 plus poison. i believe taking out a warrior squad and your reavers will give you enough points to do this. also i dont think you will need the flickerfields on your ravager unless you plan keeping him still, but that is up to you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First 1000pts list Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 1000pts list   First 1000pts list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First 1000pts list
Page 1 of 1