THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dealing with Robbie G.

Go down 
+9
Trueborn44
Archon_91
amishprn86
ncshooter426
CptMetal
dumpeal
RedRegicide
Barrywise
Rancid blade
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Rancid blade
Kabalite Warrior

Dealing with Robbie G. Empty
PostSubject: Dealing with Robbie G.   Dealing with Robbie G. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06 2017, 16:39

So... yeah... when he is surrounded by Centurions, scout screens, Storm Tallons and a bunch of Primarus Marines... I just don't see a way for lil old DE to crack that.

My friend suggested that if I wanted to beat that, I should not play DE... #feelslike7th
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Robbie G.   Dealing with Robbie G. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06 2017, 16:49

Scout screens? Massed Poison fire will put a dent in them. Storm Talons? Flyers with Dark Lances. Primaries Marines? Multiple Wounds? Disintegrators. Mid toughness but high invuln save? Mandrakes.

For everything else, there's master card the Tantalus.

But yeah, scoot and shoot your units around the massed death blob so that your units are just barely in range and kite them to win. Target Priority, Good Positioning, Power from Patience. All that jazz.

If you're feeling CC you could go a front row of Grotesques with a Succubus behind. Incubi Klaivex for D3 is nice, especially with Drazhar. Hellions D2 standard is also really nice. Be careful with how squishy they are though.

Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Robbie G.   Dealing with Robbie G. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06 2017, 16:56

No doubt Bobby G is undercosted. But that's not gonna change anytime soon

I'd say ignore him and accept the enemy gets re rolls.

Killing him outright is difficult, especially in the situation you described. Our best bet is to attack everything else. Bobby G is deadly for his survivability and re rolls, so if we don't attack him, we don't waste fire power.

I would destroy any transports he gets in, keep him slow. If we wipe the rest of the board he can only hold one objective
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Robbie G.   Dealing with Robbie G. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06 2017, 18:54

The void mine seems quite effective against Girlyman. With 3D6 hit that inflict mortal wound on 4+, You can expect 5.25 wound per void mine. On that, you add the damage of the void lances. If you realy want him dead sooner, you can use some rerolls on the 3D6 to increase your result.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Robbie G.   Dealing with Robbie G. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06 2017, 18:57

you throw 3D6 and on every 4+ you get a mortal wound. So 3 max and 1.5 average.
Back to top Go down
ncshooter426
Hellion
ncshooter426

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Robbie G.   Dealing with Robbie G. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06 2017, 19:06

How many wounds does he have?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Robbie G.   Dealing with Robbie G. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06 2017, 19:17

Its on a 3+ not on a 4+ geek
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Robbie G.   Dealing with Robbie G. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06 2017, 19:26

9 wounds, and roll to come back to life (idk with how many)
Back to top Go down
ncshooter426
Hellion
ncshooter426

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Robbie G.   Dealing with Robbie G. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06 2017, 20:02

Awww...one wound away from being targetable on the field Sad

Air power that sucker down and his flier protection.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Robbie G.   Dealing with Robbie G. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06 2017, 21:27

Dissie ravagers for the ground targets, Voidravens and Razorwings for the airpower ... Lots of poison will help from missiles to help deal with ground targets ... And possibly the meat grinding power of incubi a ten man unit is going to put out 33 attacks that hit on a 2+ turn 3 or if you have Drahzar ... Always on a 2+ so 22 hits and as they would wound on a 4+ that's 11 wounds the AP makes mahrininis save on a 6+ (without invulns 5++ with) so yer looking at roughly 8.4 wounds rerolls will drop that to 6 ish. But in my experience with in my experience with Incubi a 5 man squad of Incubi reliably wipes out a ten man squad of marines. So that is also an option ... But if you really wanna see them squirm ... Lots and lots and lots of Razorwing flocks with beast masters support, they will never be able to kill enough to secure any objectives.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Robbie G.   Dealing with Robbie G. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07 2017, 14:17

CptMetal wrote:
you throw 3D6 and on every 4+ you get a mortal wound. So 3 max and 1.5 average.

Huh. I misread the rule. I though it was 3D6 attacks that would then need a 3+ to cause a mortal wound. Sad I'm sad, now.
Back to top Go down
Trueborn44
Kabalite Warrior
Trueborn44

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Robbie G.   Dealing with Robbie G. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07 2017, 15:00

A void mine gets a mortal wound on a 3+ and you throw a dice for every model in the unit up to a maximum of 10. Is girlyman a monster? If he is then you'll average 2 wounds with the mine, as you're allowed 3d6 per monster in the unit you pass over. If not, you average 2/3 of a wound.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Robbie G.   Dealing with Robbie G. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07 2017, 15:10

Trueborn44 wrote:
A void mine gets a mortal wound on a 3+ and you throw a dice for every model in the unit up to a maximum of 10. Is girlyman a monster? If he is then you'll average 2 wounds with the mine, as you're allowed 3d6 per monster in the unit you pass over. If not, you average 2/3 of a wound.

He is a monster. But there is not enough hit to justify the mine.
Back to top Go down
Arani
Hellion
Arani

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Robbie G.   Dealing with Robbie G. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07 2017, 15:10

I'd say just try to focus on killing his most dangerous units. Take out the flyers with dark lances (maybe get lucky and get one of them to crash and burn). Take the anti-tank teeth out of his army from range, and then focus in capturing the objectives and playing to the mission while doing what damage you can to the other units.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Robbie G.   Dealing with Robbie G. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07 2017, 15:11

Yeah i wouldnt use a mine on him, i would use it on a 10man around him to pop open a hole for bikes, mandrakes or other things that will more easily kill him.
Back to top Go down
Trueborn44
Kabalite Warrior
Trueborn44

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Robbie G.   Dealing with Robbie G. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07 2017, 15:16

@arani @amishprn86 Good advice for sure. I was just putting out the stats for the void mine more so because people in this thread seemed to have it completely wrong, rather than because it's effective.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Robbie G.   Dealing with Robbie G. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07 2017, 15:19

Yeah. i had to read the rules a couple times myself to see what it meant lol.
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Robbie G.   Dealing with Robbie G. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07 2017, 16:26

Just fought him last night.
2 storm ravens
2 dreadnaughts
gullyman
centurions
2 lascannon squads (8 total)
captain / jump pack
techmarine
etc..
2k points

I had my ATC list

He went first, but was still tabled by turn 4.
Our speed and maneuverability make girlyman targetable. And let me tell you.. triple darklances to the face will put a hurting on him... just save a few points for a reroll on a bad damage dice.

So, use your speed to get him close, keep him out of HTH if possible, don't ever be afraid to use your rerolls to save a venom or razorwing jetfighter, and remeber the most important thing- he is NOT the biggest threat in the army. Lascannons, dreadnaughts, the flyers- all of them are your targets, not the ultrasmurf. My opponent only had three models left when i started shooting at gullyweed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasybattles.com
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Robbie G.   Dealing with Robbie G. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07 2017, 17:55

The Girlyman looks around the battlefield, injuries wracking his body.

His brethren are strewn dead across the torn earth, a testament to their bravery.

He looks up and sees the enemy smiling in glee, his pain as potent as any life giving drug.

He sees the Archon point at him and yell something, the distance and din of the battlefield smothering his hearing. His vision, despite a nasty head wound, is still strong enough to see the enemy level their weapons.

He knows it is the end. But his job is unfinished. He reaches out to his emperor, as his last hope for salvation is met with unending silence. With his last breath, he murmurs, "give me back my legion"

Darkness envelops him.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Robbie G.   Dealing with Robbie G. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07 2017, 21:46

@Barrywise - pure poetry...
Back to top Go down
Drugo
Hellion
Drugo

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Robbie G.   Dealing with Robbie G. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 08 2017, 02:50

No point at all focusing on him for a couple turns, just kill whatever he's buffing with the usual priority of things most capable of hurting our vehicles, once there's not enough output from the enemy he's just a big dude walking around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Robbie G.   Dealing with Robbie G. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dealing with Robbie G.
Page 1 of 1