THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Hellion Stunclaw in 8th ed

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bedlam55
Hellion
Bedlam55

Hellion Stunclaw in 8th ed Empty
PostSubject: Hellion Stunclaw in 8th ed   Hellion Stunclaw in 8th ed I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 08 2017, 12:35

dose anyone have experience with Hellion Stunclaw in 8th ed and is it worth the points?
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Hellion Stunclaw in 8th ed   Hellion Stunclaw in 8th ed I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 08 2017, 13:37

I would say no.
- Against multiwound light-armoured ennemies, the basic Hellglaive is a lot better (you don't need a 6 to inflict 2 dmg).
- Against armoured ennemies, Agonizer is cheaper and more reliable.
- So its role is against multi-wound, heavily armoured targets. But if you send hellions against those, they will get wiped, with or without Stunclaw. It just doesn't fit with their role.

I would love to see the old special rule to come back, where you could take an ennemy model with you as you retreated. Maybe in the codex...
Back to top Go down
Bedlam55
Hellion
Bedlam55

PostSubject: Re: Hellion Stunclaw in 8th ed   Hellion Stunclaw in 8th ed I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 08 2017, 13:54

Yeah its a shame I like the look of the claw but on 3/4 attacks getting a 6 is not that reliable. If it did 2 damage I think it would be an auto includ

Hellion
Arani

PostSubject: Re: Hellion Stunclaw in 8th ed   Hellion Stunclaw in 8th ed I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 08 2017, 14:23

I agree with the previous posters. Ever since it lost it's special rule from the 5th edition codex the stunclaw has really left a lot to be desired. It doesn't seem reliable at all in this edition, and there are definitely better alternatives.

Sybarite
Faitherun

PostSubject: Re: Hellion Stunclaw in 8th ed   Hellion Stunclaw in 8th ed I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 08 2017, 14:44

So this is one of our coolest items fluff wise that I really wish the rules matched up to.

Been thinking about it, and had an idea that may or may not be OP...

If a unit with a stunclaw flies over a character model that has 9 or less wounds, then on a 4+ it may re position that enemy character. The enemy character gets moved with the squad, and must end it's movement more than 1" away from it. The Hellion squad that performs this maneuver may not advance, shoot or assault the turn the attempts it, successful or not.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Hellion Stunclaw in 8th ed   Hellion Stunclaw in 8th ed I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 08 2017, 15:13

Faitherun wrote:
So this is one of our coolest items fluff wise that I really wish the rules matched up to.

Been thinking about it, and had an idea that may or may not be OP...

If a unit with a stunclaw flies over a character model that has 9 or less wounds, then on a 4+ it may re position that enemy character. The enemy character gets moved with the squad, and must end it's movement more than 1" away from it. The Hellion squad that performs this maneuver may not advance, shoot or assault the turn the attempts it, successful or not.

Similar to what bladevanes used to be, yet serves a very unique purpose. I kinda like it !
I would suggest to replace the 4+ with a roll-off Smile
With such a rule you'd see a lot of 5 man hellion squads trying to expose ennemy HQs
Back to top Go down
Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

PostSubject: Re: Hellion Stunclaw in 8th ed   Hellion Stunclaw in 8th ed I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 08 2017, 16:47

Roll off would give about equal results - could let your opponent feel like they have a purpose. The thing is, using this maneuver would make that unit rather vulnerable as it isn't helping to kill anything. And if people spam these, it reduces the effectiveness of their army. In no way does this unit directly contribute to killing enemy models - it just exposes them to the rest of your army. As such I think these would not be overly spammed.

I miss the old Bladevane rule - although I understand why they nerfed it. I'd like to see it come back with the restrictions that a) you can only strike targets further than 14" away from where you start your movement phase from b) you can't then shoot or assault.

As for the stunclaw as it stands - no. I see no use for it really. Maybe if you give them the +1 str drug, then it could be semi usefulish.... wounding marines on a 3+. But at almost double the points of an agoniser or a power sword - I think it's lacking just a little something
Back to top Go down
eric.emerson
Slave
eric.emerson

PostSubject: Re: Hellion Stunclaw in 8th ed   Hellion Stunclaw in 8th ed I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 08 2017, 17:48

If I were any good at drawing I thought it would be funny to show a hellion struggling to lift a carnifex after rolling a 6.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hellion Stunclaw in 8th ed   Hellion Stunclaw in 8th ed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hellion Stunclaw in 8th ed
Page 1 of 1