THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

When is a Hellion not a Hellion?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

When is a Hellion not a Hellion? Empty
PostSubject: When is a Hellion not a Hellion?   When is a Hellion not a Hellion? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12 2016, 04:20

I've had an interesting game recently.

A while back, while discussing the most useless units in 40k, I mentioned on another site that it was too bad Hellions suck so hard, since their models are so great, and I have so many sitting around.

And someone said: "Why don't you use them as Corsairs with jetpacks?"

Mind. Blown.

So I ran a test game to see how a prospective Corsairs list would play out.

Here's the list I threw out:

Spoiler:

It went GREAT! The Relay Pipe plan went off flipping perfectly. The Flamer squads would hop out, hose down an enemy with their Torrent flamers, (making sure they were just barely inside 12" so they could get the Reckless Abandon move) and then hightail it back to cover and away from retaliation.

My opponent was Blood Angels, and with every unit on the table able to move 2-3 times per turn, I was able to keep all of his units running in circles the entire game.

The Corsair Venoms kicked major butt, as did the Reavers.

The Malevolents were a let down. They didn't have much in the way of combat oomph, although they did do a good job of drawing the enemy's fire. I may try them one more time, but if they're disappointing a second time around I'm going to try to find a unit to replace them.

I don't think I'll be able to win major events with this, but I can definitely see it working in a casual-competitive setting.
Back to top Go down
Zahaladune
Hellion
Zahaladune

PostSubject: Re: When is a Hellion not a Hellion?   When is a Hellion not a Hellion? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13 2016, 21:27

When is a Hellion not a Hellion? <a href=When is a Hellion not a Hellion? Tim-and-eric-mind-blown_zpsccmvv3e7" />

But on a real note, I totally get the feeling.  What are your thoughts on Cloud Dancers as CC units?

Commorragh - The Game
Core Rule Project Log
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: When is a Hellion not a Hellion?   When is a Hellion not a Hellion? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15 2016, 15:25

Quote :
When it's ajar Laughing

What? Wrong set up? Darn.

Seriously though, that is a though I have not had. I am building a Corsair force and this might help me cut the cost seeing as I have a bunch of Hellions.

Malevolents certainly have their place, but I'd mess around with a few different builds before disregarding them completely. They are great at drawing fire, though. I like them with Jetpacks and Venom Blades, but that's still a fair few points for T3 despite having 2 wounds.

When is a Hellion not a Hellion? YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: When is a Hellion not a Hellion?   When is a Hellion not a Hellion? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15 2016, 18:58

It'd be about 20pts cheaper than jets and lances.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When is a Hellion not a Hellion?   When is a Hellion not a Hellion? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1