THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

If a venom gets surrounded in close combat and destroyed, does everything inside die?

Go down 
+4
krayd
Myrvn
PFI
tonytastey
8 posters
AuthorMessage
tonytastey
Hellion
tonytastey

If a venom gets surrounded in close combat and destroyed, does everything inside die? Empty
PostSubject: If a venom gets surrounded in close combat and destroyed, does everything inside die?   If a venom gets surrounded in close combat and destroyed, does everything inside die? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 14 2017, 18:43

If the enemy places his units in a way that prevents me from placing a model that is both within 3" of the venom and greater than 1" away from his units, do they all just die instantly?

If so, do y'all you tend to keep your venoms out of charge range? Typically they have blasters inside so you want to get within 18", but my guess is that the 12" rapid fire range for the twin linked splinter rifles + the rifles on board probably isn't worth the risk of being charged/surrounded.
Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

If a venom gets surrounded in close combat and destroyed, does everything inside die? Empty
PostSubject: Re: If a venom gets surrounded in close combat and destroyed, does everything inside die?   If a venom gets surrounded in close combat and destroyed, does everything inside die? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 14 2017, 20:32

When a vehicle is destroyed you disembark the models. They just have to be placed within 3" but cannot be placed within 1" of an enemy unit. So if you got surrounded by like 5 marines, you'd probably be fine. If you got surrounded by 20 orks, then yes, they'd probably be dead.

Back to top Go down
tonytastey
Hellion
tonytastey

PostSubject: Re: If a venom gets surrounded in close combat and destroyed, does everything inside die?   If a venom gets surrounded in close combat and destroyed, does everything inside die? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 14 2017, 21:12

So let's say my Venom gets blown up in CC and I AM able to disembark my units safely within 3" but further than 1" away from the enemy - can the enemy then consolidate into me and drag those guys into combat that turn?
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: If a venom gets surrounded in close combat and destroyed, does everything inside die?   If a venom gets surrounded in close combat and destroyed, does everything inside die? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15 2017, 00:18

Yep
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: If a venom gets surrounded in close combat and destroyed, does everything inside die?   If a venom gets surrounded in close combat and destroyed, does everything inside die? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15 2017, 01:20

tonytastey wrote:
So let's say my Venom gets blown up in CC and I AM able to disembark my units safely within 3" but further than 1" away from the enemy - can the enemy then consolidate into me and drag those guys into combat that turn?

Yes, but you'd get a free swing at them during that turn, because their consolidation would occur after they've already fought, so they can't fight again - however, by moving within 1" of your unit, it makes your unit a legal pick to fight during that fight phase.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: If a venom gets surrounded in close combat and destroyed, does everything inside die?   If a venom gets surrounded in close combat and destroyed, does everything inside die? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15 2017, 10:07

Also, don't forget that if you happen to be hovering near cover or a building when it happens, theres nothing stopping you leaping right out into upper levels if they're within range of your disembark.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
FrankyMcShanky
Hellion
FrankyMcShanky

PostSubject: Re: If a venom gets surrounded in close combat and destroyed, does everything inside die?   If a venom gets surrounded in close combat and destroyed, does everything inside die? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15 2017, 15:24

Also, disembarkment happens before the transport is removed from the table.
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: If a venom gets surrounded in close combat and destroyed, does everything inside die?   If a venom gets surrounded in close combat and destroyed, does everything inside die? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15 2017, 16:20

But after the Explosion if there is an explodes result.
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: If a venom gets surrounded in close combat and destroyed, does everything inside die?   If a venom gets surrounded in close combat and destroyed, does everything inside die? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 16 2017, 07:23

Razorwing Flocks surrounding Rhinos is a great way to remove Marines before they have even arrived!

Last edited by commandersasha on Sun Jul 16 2017, 07:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If a venom gets surrounded in close combat and destroyed, does everything inside die?   If a venom gets surrounded in close combat and destroyed, does everything inside die? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If a venom gets surrounded in close combat and destroyed, does everything inside die?
Page 1 of 1