THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Ruby Throne

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Solarite Braesqar
Slave
Solarite Braesqar

Kabal of the Ruby Throne Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Ruby Throne   Kabal of the Ruby Throne I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 24 2017, 04:18

I had an idea for a Kabal earlier and I thought I'd post it here for some feedback and maybe some help fleshing it out.

The idea is that before the current Archon (who we'll call Alirekh for now) rose to his position, he was created with some sort of degenerative disease by whatever haemonculus controlled the cloning vat he crawled out of. He doesn't know that he had this by design, but he knows that he has to keep going back to that haemonculus to get medicine that would keep him from growing weak and dying. He gives the haemonculus information about his kabal in exchange for this, all while slowly working his way up the command chain. In the weeks before Alirekh assassinates his Archon, he discovers that the haemonculus engineered his disease and decides he has to die, but he knows that he can't kill him without losing his means to get the medicine for his condition. In order to ameliorate this, he hatches a plan to bind the haemonculus' soul to use for his own sustenance. In order to do this, Alirekh takes some loyal (as they can be) kabalites to a crone world to harvest an unoccupied spirit stone and crafts it into a huskblade. He kills the haemonculus with it and binds his soul to the spirit stone so he can't be reanimated, then goes and assassinates his Archon with the same sword, this time not bothering to bind his soul. Alirekh takes his place as the archon of the Kabal of the Ruby Throne, but he has to partake in twice as much debauchery as his compatriots in order to keep not only his own soul, but the soul of the haemonculus from being drained, all while the haemonculus is whispering to him.

This is a really rough outline of what I'm thinking so I'd like some feedback and suggestions on what I can improve. I've never really done anything like this before so please bear with me.
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Ruby Throne   Kabal of the Ruby Throne I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 24 2017, 22:25

so is this a sort of plot outline for a campaign or is this for the army itself?

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Solarite Braesqar
Slave
Solarite Braesqar

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Ruby Throne   Kabal of the Ruby Throne I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 24 2017, 22:59

I'm fleshing out my archon right now (he's a crappy Elric knockoff) and I'm going to detail the Kabal itself when he's finished.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Ruby Throne   Kabal of the Ruby Throne I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Ruby Throne
Page 1 of 1