THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How many Rangers

Go down 
+9
FuelDrop
Kantalla
|Meavar
lcfr
The Red King
Count Adhemar
colinsherlow
Jimsolo
Hellstrom
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

How many Rangers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How many Rangers   How many Rangers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 09 2017, 00:04

Quote :
We need Dark Lance Snipers

At the very least we need a sniper that isn't bog standard and normally mounted on a unit with no other ranged weapons.

Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: How many Rangers   How many Rangers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 09 2017, 00:09

I want to once again suggest a Dark Eldar assassin unit. Maybe with a rapid fire sniper rifle or something.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: How many Rangers   How many Rangers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 09 2017, 02:36

I think anti-personnel sniper weapons are a bit unfluffy for DE. We like to be up close and personal, feeling the life drain from our enemies. Super long range weapons are for tanks and buildings.

I'd have a little side eye for a whole unit of snipers in the DE army. But maybe that's just me.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: How many Rangers   How many Rangers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 09 2017, 02:40

The thing is that 2/3rds of the army are already melee focused (though not exceptionally good at it for various reasons), so having an assassin unit who does the same thing that everyone else is supposed to do doesn't seem at all useful.
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: How many Rangers   How many Rangers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 09 2017, 04:05

Quote :
I'd have a little side eye for a whole unit of snipers in the DE army. But maybe that's just me.

I think a sub-unit of Scourges would fit the bill. Preferring to engage at range is their thing. At least I'm putting a sniper unit in my Scourge Fandex that I'll stop procrastinating on.

Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: How many Rangers   How many Rangers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 09 2017, 09:46

Sniper scourges sounds great.

DS > Do the job > *Captain flies away*

Sounds good to me Very Happy

How many Rangers - Page 2 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / How many Rangers - Page 2 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: How many Rangers   How many Rangers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 09 2017, 10:30

I think, if anyone has a sniper in our rooster, it should be the Archon with a sniper blaster.
A sniper Dark Lance sounds ridiculous to me (1d6 dmg at 36" is really unfair on a sniper), but a sniper blaster would be quite balanced, yet very useful.

Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: How many Rangers   How many Rangers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 09 2017, 23:36

A sniper in our rooster you say? That's... esoteric lol

PostSubject: Re: How many Rangers   How many Rangers - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many Rangers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2