THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Darklight Raiders

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Johan
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Johan

The Darklight Raiders Empty
PostSubject: The Darklight Raiders   The Darklight Raiders I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10 2017, 15:26

The Darklight Raiders, my Kabal since 2016. This is a space for that project, if it goes anywhere.

I first started collecting Dark Eldar when I was about 12-13. I originally selected the blue and silver color scheme from the 3rd edition codex. I got back into the game in spring 2016 and have been playing and collecting Dark Eldar since.

The Darklight Raiders are a Kabal of space pirates, lead by the dread archon self-insert, Lord Johanael the Vile, self-styled buccaneer-in-chief and merchant prince, in reality a lesser aristocrat and insignificant minor player in Commorragh politics. I imagine the Raiders live in a Commorragh where anything and everything is possible with advanced millennia-old technology - for a price. Whether you want a spaceship, recreational or combat drugs, implants, advanced weaponry that fires black hole energy, a clone of yourself, a coat made of the clone's skin, to live forever, to die forever... it is only a matter of knowing the right people, and having the money.

Consequently, since they like some of those things, the Darklight Raiders like money. Which comes from weapons sales, slave raids, smuggling and occasionally legitimate trade.

Their frequent/weekly opponents are Mon-Keigh guardsmen, fought on slave raids, and chaos heretics guarding desirable artifacts. They occasionally must fight Tyranid swarms on more distant raids, Mon-Keigh marines, and a variety of other terrors of the galaxy. For capitalism!

It took me a while to learn to paint. I'm still not good but I like it more now. My first idea in 2016 was that Dark Eldar should have dark metal armour (since they actually use metal), but I made it very black which didn't look great on tabletop. After trying out a variety of color schemes, which looked unsatisfactory, and trying a variety of tutorials, I've now found something I like. It's based on Raiders of Commorragh - Iron Thorn, but darker. Their colors are "dark metal" ie. a blend of Abaddon Black and Leadbelcher washed twice with both Nuln and Druchii Violet, Khorne Red blended with Abaddon Black for highlights and decorative panels, with glow effects in blue and black items in Incubi Darkness (some particularly menacing items like Necrotoxin missiles and some guns are pure black). Engine tech. is gold. Their logo is a black, empty sun.
Back to top Go down
Lord Johan
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Johan

PostSubject: Re: The Darklight Raiders   The Darklight Raiders I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10 2017, 15:29

Here's a just finished Razorwing Jetfighter. It's magnetized. I'm still thinking about whether the left wing or tailfin would benefit from a design, and will probably work on the glows after a few games.

The Darklight Raiders Rwjf110
The Darklight Raiders Rwjf210
The Darklight Raiders Rwjf310
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: The Darklight Raiders   The Darklight Raiders I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 13 2017, 11:13

That helmet is a thing of beauty Smile love the contrast with the ruddy scheme as well Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
The goat
Hellion
The goat

PostSubject: Re: The Darklight Raiders   The Darklight Raiders I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16 2017, 08:01

That razorwing is beautiful. The bright blue of he pilot's helmet stands out nicely against the rest of the plane.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Darklight Raiders   The Darklight Raiders I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Darklight Raiders
Page 1 of 1