THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Chapter approved: Aeldari and Obsec.

Go down 
+3
Imateria
TeenageAngst
TheHostwiththeMost
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

Chapter approved: Aeldari and Obsec. Empty
PostSubject: Chapter approved: Aeldari and Obsec.   Chapter approved: Aeldari and Obsec. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 12 2017, 03:12

Seeing that Imperium and chaos will no longer count as a keyword as far as battleforged armies having obsec on troops.

Do we think Aeldari will get the axe too?

Hopefully ynnari will still count, but this might effect those of us that use CWE in DE lists.

Edit: Looks like ynnari dont get obsec ever.   Skip too 39:55 for the question about ynnari.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Chapter approved: Aeldari and Obsec.   Chapter approved: Aeldari and Obsec. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 12 2017, 06:56

The stipulation is on detachments, not armies. You can run multiple mono-faction detachments and have the troops be ob-sec just like in 7th where you could run multiple armies in different CADs or Allied detachments.

Also Ynnari not having ob-sec troops is good because maybe then there will be a reason not to automatically pick them as your force every time Eldar are put down on the table.
Back to top Go down
TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

PostSubject: Re: Chapter approved: Aeldari and Obsec.   Chapter approved: Aeldari and Obsec. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 12 2017, 07:29

TeenageAngst wrote:

Also Ynnari not having ob-sec troops is good because maybe then there will be a reason not to automatically pick them as your force every time Eldar are put down on the table.

We already have battle focus and power from pain, both of which you lose becoming ynnari.

So not only do we lose special rules but we are tax'd by an HQ.

The real question though is whether a full DE detachment that becomes ynnari because of a warlord in a separate detachment, would have obsec.

Example:  Yvrain and wraithguard in a vanguard, then a battalian of pure DE and kabalitie troops.  

By these rules the battalion would lose power from pain and gain ynnari, but its technically a pure detatchment and would qualify for obsec right? I forget if its by detachment or not.
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter approved: Aeldari and Obsec.   Chapter approved: Aeldari and Obsec. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 12 2017, 14:14

As far as I can tell it's on a per detachment basis so that DE battalion would get ObSec.

As far as Craftworlders go, so long as Battle Focus is next to useless, their troop choices remain poor and their best units get no benefit from BF or ObSec, there will never be a reason not to run them as Ynnari.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Chapter approved: Aeldari and Obsec.   Chapter approved: Aeldari and Obsec. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 12 2017, 16:46

I don't see how people can say Guardians are bad.
Back to top Go down
Britishgrotesque
Hellion
Britishgrotesque

PostSubject: Re: Chapter approved: Aeldari and Obsec.   Chapter approved: Aeldari and Obsec. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 12 2017, 18:05

That detachment would get insects but as far as I'm aware, they couldn't be ynnari unless you had a ynnari hq
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Chapter approved: Aeldari and Obsec.   Chapter approved: Aeldari and Obsec. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 12 2017, 19:44

Warlord. Not HQ. It doesn't matter that those 2 terms are wholly overlapping in this case.
Back to top Go down
TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

PostSubject: Re: Chapter approved: Aeldari and Obsec.   Chapter approved: Aeldari and Obsec. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 13 2017, 00:32

Interesting.

Guardians are not terrible, I just think they are slightly over priced. They should either get the heavy weapon for free or be reduced by 1-2 points each. (the latter may very well happen).

I just dont favor strategies that guardians excell at.

Now that cultists, termagaunts, and demons have obsec. Guardians are even worse for their points.

Its just a huge tax along with everything else just for obsec. It still feels like every other army gets free points compared to us.

I just hope we get a codex in 2017.

Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Chapter approved: Aeldari and Obsec.   Chapter approved: Aeldari and Obsec. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 13 2017, 01:06

As a long time Uthwe player, I generally run a mechanized guardian-focused force and have yet to be disappointed with them. They have excellent offensive firepower for their cost, particularly when combined with a force multiplier like a Farseer or Warlock. When used well they punch well above their weight, cutting down expensive elite squads with ease through sheer weight of rending. The only change they need is for weapons platforms to make heavy weapons assault again and we are onto a winner.

Storm Guardians are even worse than Wyches though. Same offensive power, but without the dodge or no escape.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Chapter approved: Aeldari and Obsec.   Chapter approved: Aeldari and Obsec. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 13 2017, 08:06

Mm seeing as the main focus of 8th edition is chaos vs imperium I don't see any xenos getting a codex till either December this year (and that'll probably be Craftworld Eldar or Tau) or next year as I get the feeling that GW is going to want to get a codex out for all the codecies for the main two forces. Of course this could mean we can expect "9th edition" 8th but with a bunch of fixes, much the the general hand book 2, where the main focus of the story advancement is xenos.
As for the obsec... Meh it isn't gonna change the fact that to survive we are gonna have to shoot the enemy off the point we are trying to capture as we have to get outa the transports to secure it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter approved: Aeldari and Obsec.   Chapter approved: Aeldari and Obsec. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter approved: Aeldari and Obsec.
Page 1 of 1