THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Chapter Approved 2022

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Chapter Approved 2022 Empty
PostSubject: Chapter Approved 2022   Chapter Approved 2022 I_icon_minitimeFri May 06 2022, 12:04

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/05/04/revealed-chapter-approved-kicks-off-a-new-season-of-warhammer-40000/

Well, some big changes to the CP mechanics. Less starting points, but roundwise CP generation.
I think, this could have some impact. Maybe even to listbuilding. Not sure what I should think of though...

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved 2022   Chapter Approved 2022 I_icon_minitimeFri May 06 2022, 14:16

ho that's some good news i think!
By turn 4 and 5 we will still have some CPs to spend.
I really like it seriously, we will need to be more careful with the way we spend our CPs.

And FINALLY they came to their senses to have the points cost be free and downloadable!!!!!! that was such a big nonsense to have to pay to know the point balance IMHO
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved 2022   Chapter Approved 2022 I_icon_minitimeThu May 12 2022, 14:09

Im worried about what the CP restriction will do to Hellions.

Right now they are our main defence against Aircraft, and honestly they are not even that great vs them (too many have -1 damage mechanics). In order for them to do anything, you got to be in CoS and use 4 CP (2CP for extra AP, 2CP for reroll Wounds).

They are already on my "may get cut" list, and less CP will cement that position :/

But maybe I am focusing too much on taking a TAC list into Comp events. Might be better to just skew into what we do well (Wracks and Incubi), and take the Loss vs Aircraft.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved 2022   Chapter Approved 2022 I_icon_minitimeThu May 12 2022, 14:17

No Trueborn vs Aircraft?
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved 2022   Chapter Approved 2022 I_icon_minitimeFri May 13 2022, 13:26

The problem with Trueborn is 2fold (IMHO)

1 - They usually die before they can kill and aircraft. Most Aircraft builds take 2, where the first one goes and kills the boat (along with half a Hellion squad), then the second one kills a second boat, while picking up the Trueborn.

2 - If the opponent makes a mistake, deploying their Aircraft within view+range, and they go second, our Trueborn rarely kill the target.
3 shots hitting on 2s, wounding on 4s, followed by a 4++ and/or 5+++ mean you MAY bracket the Aircraft. But are unlikely to actually kill it.

Its mainly the cost/value that is imballanced. We need to invest 3x the cost of an Aircraft (generally more than 5x the cost) to take down an Aircraft, which skews us too far away from other match-ups. Plus if the Aircraft get the first blow, our anti-Aircraft units will generally die.

Maybe I am just too focused on the Aircraft problem and need to just ignore it. But I have a hard time letting go Razz
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved 2022   Chapter Approved 2022 I_icon_minitimeSat May 14 2022, 01:49

What about reaver jetbikes with heatlances? They would be able to charge the aircraft as well as shoot it and with cluster caltops or grav talons possibly even cause Mortal wounds on the charge or when the jet is force to "fallback"
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved 2022   Chapter Approved 2022 I_icon_minitimeSat May 14 2022, 10:52

You're going to face a maximum of two Aircraft in a competitive game at the moment, I don't see why our standard selection of anti-tank weaponry (cough Dark Lances) wouldn't be fine at dealing with that. No, we don't have the Tau or CWE ability to instantly delete them but we're not exactly going to struggle.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved 2022   Chapter Approved 2022 I_icon_minitimeSat May 14 2022, 21:23

IMO the issue is that Lances just arent efficient vs the current Aircraft.

If a Harpie can only be hit on 4s, wounded on 4s, with a 4++/5+++, that means we need about 40 lances to kill one. I dont think thats our best way of dealing with them, even if we are Trueborn hitting on 2s.

In comparison, Dark Techno Cronos need about 20 hits with their weapons, or Hellions need about 15 to make combat with the CoS Reroll Strat up and working. I think those are more efficient for us.

But this Harpie has become my White Whale, so maybe my mainia has tilted my perspective. TBH I have not found the magic formula to solve the issue, and am having a bit of trouble in the Comp format right now. CWE, Nids, Sisters are wiping the floor with me and my Goodstuff builds (mostly due to their Secondaries allowing them to sit back and force us to come to them).
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved 2022   Chapter Approved 2022 I_icon_minitimeSun May 15 2022, 10:05

I think that's more of a Tyranid issue than an Aircraft issue, but it definitely is an issue. My personal preference at the moment has been to switch out to Ynnari (the Yncarne and Fire Prisms in particular are incredible at tearing through big, tough opponents like that) but you might want to consider stuff like Talos or Test of Skill/Precise Killers Hellions in pure DE as well.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved 2022   Chapter Approved 2022 I_icon_minitimeSun May 15 2022, 13:10

I have been playing around with the Talos/ ToS, but it just doesnt jive with me. No question that it COULD be affective in the right hands though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved 2022   Chapter Approved 2022 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter Approved 2022
Page 1 of 1