THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2k Kabal of the Crimson Dusk

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

2k Kabal of the Crimson Dusk Empty
PostSubject: 2k Kabal of the Crimson Dusk   2k Kabal of the Crimson Dusk I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22 2017, 04:26

Vanguard + Outriders + Air Wing

HQ

Succubus w / Blast Pistol 82
Farseer Skyrunner w / Singing Spear 178

The Succubus is the Warlord to help pull heat off of the Farseer, whose ability to Doom a unit every turn is critical. She can ride in a Venom or if some circumstance requires it take the +2"M drug and run with the beasts

Elites

Beastmaster w / Agonizer 60
5x Incubi 90
5x Mandrakes 95
5x Trueborn w / 2x Splinter Cannon; 1x Blaster; PGL & Agonizer 107
5x Trueborn w / 2x Splinter Cannon; 1x Blaster; PGL 103

A Venom is dedicated to transporting the Incubi and all the Trueborn. Basically everything operates at arm's length of 18" unless they're moving closer to unload the Incubi or help soak an Overwatch. At Rapid Fire range the Trueborn squad is killing on average almost 7 GEQ a round and even more with Doom.

Fast Attack

5x Scourges w / 4x Dark Lance 150
5x Scourges w / 4x Dark Lance 150
10x Khymerae 100

The beasts form a pretty big footprint and can be used to screen any Venoms I don't want to get charged. They're also good enough in combat to be a little worrisome to people. I expect them to be shot fairly quickly but that's kind of okay, because if the one unit in my army with no shooting is being eliminated by the enemy then that just gives all my shooters more opportunity to output damage.

Fliers

Razorwing w/2x Dark Lances 155
Razorwing w/2x Dark Lances 155
Voidraven w/2x Dark Scythes & Missiles 194

Transports

Venom w/2x Splinter Cannon 95
Back to top Go down
Chippen
Kabalite Warrior
Chippen

PostSubject: Re: 2k Kabal of the Crimson Dusk   2k Kabal of the Crimson Dusk I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22 2017, 14:33

Not a bad idea for a list. I've got a couple questions/issues-

Why a succubus in particular? If you wanted a cheap HQ distraction warlord, a Blaster Archon with his 2++ is a cheaper option that puts out more oomph while being able to play more conservatively.

Also, are you dedicating a Venom to the Succubus? I'm not a huge fan of a dedicated Venom transport for just one unit - that Venom costs 80/95 points, and doesn't really put out enough oomph on its own to be worth it IMO.

If you wanted to consolidate some points/transports and add a little more anti-MEQ to your list, I'd suggest the following:

Drop the Succubus in favor of an Archon w/ Agonizer/Blaster
Drop the Succubus' venom.
Change out one Trueborn squad for a squad of 9 kabs with a Blaster. Throw the Archon with them in a dissie Raider.

Before, you were paying 375 points for Succubus and her Venom, and Trueborn and their Venom. The result was one blast pistol, 6 Splinter Cannons, 2 splinter rifles, 1 Blaster.
With the new setup of Kabs/Archon, for 301 points you get 2 Blaster, 1 Disse, 8 rifles, and objective secured.
Also the same points value to throw the existing squad of trueborn into a Raider with the Archon. You get 2 Splinter Cannons, 2 Splinter rifles, 2 Blasters, and 1 Dissie.
The two latter are functionally equivalent at 18" in terms of shooting.

Also, keep in mind with the Incubi that 10 Mandrakes is going to do more against both MEQ and GEQ than 5 incubi in a Venom. you can save more points if you go that route.

lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

PostSubject: Re: 2k Kabal of the Crimson Dusk   2k Kabal of the Crimson Dusk I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22 2017, 18:15

Yeah that's an excellent suggestion. I usually prefer the Succubus because she packs a little more of a punch and has the potential to tie down a unit with No Escape. But I think mixing things up with a Dissie Raider as you've suggested is better

Has anything official been published on the status of Objective Secured for Troops? I didn't play in 7th so I literally have no idea what that's even really about.
Back to top Go down
Chippen
Kabalite Warrior
Chippen

PostSubject: Re: 2k Kabal of the Crimson Dusk   2k Kabal of the Crimson Dusk I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22 2017, 18:35

I'm pretty sure everyone's troops in a battleforged detachment get ObSec now as a stopgap until all codices are released.

mattblowers
Kabalite Warrior
mattblowers

PostSubject: Re: 2k Kabal of the Crimson Dusk   2k Kabal of the Crimson Dusk I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22 2017, 19:57

Chippen wrote:
I'm pretty sure everyone's troops in a battleforged detachment get ObSec now as a stopgap until all codices are released.

That's only official from ITC events and they just released that update last weekend so I'd check with a TO before assuming an event was going to honor that.
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

PostSubject: Re: 2k Kabal of the Crimson Dusk   2k Kabal of the Crimson Dusk I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 01 2017, 16:17

I played a game against Mechanicum with this list last night and it went well and ended with a hard fought victory, but I think there's definitely something to be said for diversifying away from all the Splinter fire.

Granted, my opponent made some pretty exceptional saving throws over the course of the game, but between the already decent armour of his forces plus Belisarius pushing the Canticles result to Shroudpsalm (everything counts as being in cover) it was really rough work to claw wounds out of 2+ armour multiwound models.

I also think more Mandrakes would be great. Unfortunately I don't have the models Sad

I've added some more beasts as well, they really clutter the board with their footprint and help corral the enemy.

Farseer Skyrunner w/Singing Spear 178
Archon w/Agonizer, Blaster & PGL 76

9x Kabalites w/Blaster, Agonizer & PGL 85

5x Trueborn w/4xBlaster & Agonizer 119
5x Incubi 90
5x Mandrakes 95
Beastmaster w/ Agonizer 60

5x Scourges w/4x Dark Lances 150
5x Scourges w/ 4x Dark Lances 150
10x Khymerae 100
5x Razorwing Flocks 70
1x Clawed Fiend 32

1x Raider w/Disintegrator 125
2x Venom w/2x Splinter Cannons 95
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2k Kabal of the Crimson Dusk   2k Kabal of the Crimson Dusk I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2k Kabal of the Crimson Dusk
Page 1 of 1